• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
London
Malthouse compromise was already rejected by the EU. Ridiculous. How did these idiots ever become politicians. Instead of pragmatism they choose bullshit ideology. So much for the Conservatives being the 'pragmatic party of sensible governance opposed to radical change' they like to present themselves as.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Brexit should have never been a thing...its these types of fools that propagate the desperation of the citizens though and turn a portion of them towards radicalization in the first place

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
A little late on the discussion on having a second ref on May's deal but here is my 2p

My feelings on having a referendum on May's deal is that, it is only a withdrawal agreement and nothing else, it sets out the length and terms of a transitional period between the U.K. and EU.

There is nothing in there about the future trading relationship, citizen rights, jurisdiction, travel restrictions etc so how can we the public vote on something that is unfinished. It is only 1 part of a very complicated puzzle.

Article 50 is written stupidly, 2 fucking years to realign our entire relationship with the EU is unrealistic it shouldn't have a time limit attached because as we have seen that a Country becomes an automatic vassal state with no say on direction at the top table. That is enough punishment for any country invoking Article 50. Instead it should be a slow decoupling with a time table on when agreements have to be agreed upon to avoid Country's just dropping out of the EU.

This whole thing is fucking stupid. The HoC is stupid, May is an idiot she wont give the public a second referendum but she'll keep bringing her deal back multiple times to get the answer she wants, how the fuck is that a democracy? People voted to have our sovereignty back didn't think who they handing that power back too. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't and as we know the fucking Tories are Satan minions who do anything to fuck over the lower classes to make a quick buck.

Deleted member 13859

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe May is a Labour and Leave double agent. She just doing order 66 killing the tories and letting labour in power and killing all anti Eu sentiment in the U.K.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK

What bollocks is this.... Literally wanting to fall off the cliff... No deal... Fuck it...

Absolute nobheads.

Hope this amendment is shut down fast

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe May is a Labour and Leave double agent. She just doing order 66 killing the tories and letting labour in power and killing all anti Eu sentiment in the U.K.

We still haven't seen evidence that this is gonna kill the Tory party. Polling still has them ahead, though that will likely change during an actual campaign. Internal divisions will still be painful for them sure but they'll just align themselves to whatever's politically convenient when the dust settles.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#BrexitMeansBrexit

rbHK82z.jpg

FpJjtn8.png

'A full investigation was conducted and it was established that no crime had been committed. However, the matter was recorded as a hate incident. 'No further police action was required.'

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/13/lecturer-reported-police-hate-crime-offending-english-8895119/

Oct 25, 2017
Kenneth Clarke talking about revoking Article 50. This would seem to be the only way to stop a no-deal should amedment A be adopted today and the extension voted for tomorrow.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Anyone think the tories dont actually want brexit but are too cowardly to admit they were wrong and walk it back? Throwing the country under the bus to save face is right out of the conservative playbook.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Baker is Simpleton.

The EU are better prepared for no deal than we are, and you as I've said before... threatening to blow off your own face is not a negotiating position.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think the tories dont actually want brexit but are too cowardly to admit they were wrong and walk it back? Throwing the country under the bus to save face is right out of the conservative playbook.

I still say the magic way out of this problem is to propose a continued referendum that posits either leaving the EU temporarily as a "vacation" or leaving on a longer term basis. I bet the EU would extend the deadline for a vote that allowed the UK to either leave for 5 minutes or 5 months or 5 years or longer, depending on the outcome of said vote.

Then if/when the 5 minutes option wins in the vote, just close ports down for 5 minutes on midnight December 31st or something, then back to business. Will of the people after all.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
No Deal Brexit appears to be the most likely outcome now just because it's the only path forward that will happen without Parliament having to agree to it. Voting against a No Deal won't mean anything without an extension or revoking Article 50, so it's looking like a No Deal to me.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Division, clear the lobby."

You heard him. It's time to go play Division.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was ridiculously close, but I guess a vague hope of avoiding the abyss still remains.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
I wasn't expecting it to be that close; that many wanted no deal as an option? WTF?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The No votes don't mean that they all support no deal. Some were voting with their party so they don't need to resign. This amendment wasn't a free vote like the main vote later on.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was... ridiculously close.... I'm actually rather surprised by that.