• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Weird idea, but couldn't the uk revoke art. 50 on the 28 th, and just invoke it again April 1St?

And then when everything goes to shit again after another 2 years of doing bugger all we can be all like "APRIL FOOOOOOOLLLSLSLSSSLSLSLSL!!!!!! OLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLO!" as

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

But even then, without the DUP and every Tory MP getting in line (which hasn't exactly been easy), it's not enough

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't understand this anymore. I'm actively trying to keep up with it, but I genuinely don't know what's going on. I've read the news articles multiple times and still don't get it.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand this anymore. I'm actively trying to keep up with it, but I genuinely don't know what's going on. I've read the news articles multiple times and still don't get it.
Try looking at it without the idea that the British government has any form of common sense.
Basically, the UK has three options. The Parliament is currently voting motions against all three of them. Meaning the Uk will default to no deal at the end of the month.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The deal hasn't been agreed (twice), but we don't want to leave without a deal. As it stands right now we will leave without a deal on March 29th regardless.

Next vote is on extending the process, then the vote after is a Meaningful Vote on the deal... Again. Third times the charm I guess.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So basically May is forcing the commons to vote for her deal by making them say repeatedly they don't want a no deal brexit.
Didn't the EU already say that's the only deal they'll agree on anyway?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steve Baker and the deputy chairman of erg (forgot his name) have both said they won't be voting for it.

Nobody knows what the fuck they are doing aha. These groups can't even vote along their own lines, let alone party lines.

So basically May is forcing the commons to vote for her deal by making them say repeatedly they don't want a no deal brexit.

Pretty much. The "New" deal for the meaningful vote 2 only changed the language of the backstop anyway. Didn't materially change anything from the original deal.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Revoke Article 50
Take May's Deal - Has been rejected a multitude of times now by the government.
Take No Deal - can be achieved by I guess doing what they're doing and running out of time or trying to present some non-existent deal that doesn't exist yet and in which the EU has said they're only allowing the May deal. Also has been rejected by the government.

There is an extension option I guess. But the EU has basically said that requires the UK to also have a plan for a final resolution.

What else is there?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Brit, so I have no idea what the fuck is going on O_o

This is the way I understand it:

Imagine you're on a boat and you're on a direct path to barely miss a giant shitberg. The captain has held a vote asking the passengers to keep the course and not hit the giant shitberg, or whether to steer the boat into the giant shitburg.

Seeing an opportunity for the ship to graze the giant shitberg so that some of the shit might fall off to land on several of the minorities riding on the boat, most of the passengers on the boat vote to change course and hit the shitberg.

Per the will of the passengers, the captain is now steering toward the shitberg dead on. The captain warns the officers that they won't just graze the shitberg, but will steer directly into the shitberg if the officers don't decide just how much of the shitberg they want to hit. It turns out the officers as a whole don't want to either graze nor hit the shitberg at all and vote to that effect.

The boat is still headed straight for the shitberg, but as a whole, the officers don't put themselves on record for also voting to hit the shitberg in any way, shape, or form. The captain refuses to steer away from the shitberg at fear of upsetting the passengers that voted to hit the shitberg.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And here come the resignations!

Feels like the list of people that died at the end of a level in Cannon Fodder at this point

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This is the way I understand it:

Imagine you're on a boat and you're on a direct path to barely miss a giant shitburg. The captain has held a vote asking the passengers to keep the course and not hit the giant shitburg, or whether to steer the boat into the giant shitburg.

Seeing an opportunity for the ship to graze the giant shitburg so that some of the shit might fall off to land on several of the minorities riding on the boat, most of the passengers on the boat vote to change course and hit the shitburg.

Per the will of the passengers, the captain is now steering toward the shitburg dead on. The captain warns the officers that they won't just graze the shitburg, but will steer directly into the shitburg if the officers don't decide just how much of the shitburg they want to hit. It turns out the officers as a whole don't want to either graze nor hit the shitburg at all and vote to that effect.

The boat is still headed straight for the shitburg, but as a whole, the officers don't put themselves on record for also voting to hit the shitburg in any way, shape, or form. The captain refuses to steer away from the shitburg at fear of upsetting the passengers that voted to hit the shitburg.
Put that on a giant bus.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Pretty much. The "New" deal for the meaningful vote 2 only changed the language of the backstop anyway. Didn't materially change anything from the original deal.
I honestly hope the EU stays strong and kicks them out in two weeks if they haven't agreed on anything.
The backstop really sucks and I hope there won't be clashes, but people need to be reminded why we're in this, sometimes with the stick sometimes with a carrot.

e1it3g4m3r

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
The EU is a racist joke? Why should white nations band together to exploit minorities?

Brexit is great provided the UK moves towards a utopian multicultural society.

I wish the EU would just go away. We need global unity not racism.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, four, no Brexit just seems highly unlikely.

Even that's a lie. The EU would be open to negotiating any number of other forms of Brexit if May would ditch her red lines and the UK would show a genuine political will to do it. Accepting May's deal contingent on a May's Deal vs No Brexit referendum is a fair and reasonable suggestion (and might be where we end up). Straight up revoking article 50 is an option (and arguably now mandated if there's no deal by the deadline). Could delay for a second referendum, delay for a general election (which would only actually help things if the Tories lost their majority or won by a landslide with mostly moderate Brexiteer candidates).

Thing is, May wants to sell her deal as the only deal available, and a clear choice between that, a catastrophic no deal and an undemocratic no Brexit. This is the lie she's been telling for two years now, and we need to be clear that there are other options.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It's the only deal they'll agree on with May. She's not willing to compromise on certain aspects that would provide scope for further negotiation.

I think any possible extension to Article 50 will not be approved by the EU unless May steps down. They are not going to waste any more time dealing with someone who can't achieve anything and won't compromise either.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
At least the money exchange rate seems to be steady with all this up and down brexit talk.

Between brexit, government tax and the NHS I really hate living in the UK

By hating living in the UK and including the NHS in that you mean how underfunded and treated like shit it has been under Tory rule right?
I honestly hope the EU stays strong and kicks them out in two weeks if they haven't agreed on anything.
The backstop really sucks and I hope there won't be clashes, but people need to be reminded why we're in this, sometimes with the stick sometimes with a carrot.
I really hate these sentiments because it completely ignores or straight up punishes the millions of people here who have 0% responsibility for this mess..don't fantasise about fucking over the population because our politicians are fuckwits

Oct 28, 2017
The EU is a racist joke? Why should white nations band together to exploit minorities?

Sorry but what? Viktor Orban's policies in Hungary certainly don't dictate the EU's general policy. Excuse me if you missed your /s.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What if the vote on the extension fails tomorrow? I guess no deal for good unless May's deal wins at the last second since she won't be revoking article 50

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Simple, after the Nazi party went to town on minorities you would think a conglomerate of white people would be outlawed.

The EU looks out for European/white interests and no one else's.
But the chief motivating factor for Brexit was the perception of there being too many immigrants and brown minorities "invading the British Isles" due to "open borders" the EU "forces" on countries.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, looks like they're already planning what happens if the third vote on the deal fails

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, A FOURTH VOTE. ON THE SAME DEAL.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a mess and I honest to God thought that by this point they would just cancel this. From every single perspective (except a racist one) Brexit looks like the disaster it is. It's hard to believe that a) the Tory party are even pushing this fuckery b) people still support that party pushing their fuckery. Are the Tories like Republicans in the sense that everyone that isn't in that party wonder how they get votes? From my American perspective, all I see when I look at their party is incompetence.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Simple, after the Nazi party went to town on minorities you would think a conglomerate of white people would be outlawed.

The EU looks out for European/white interests and no one else's.
lmao

I really hate these sentiments because it completely ignores or straight up punishes the millions of people here who have 0% responsibility for this mess..don't fantasise about fucking over the population because our politicians are fuckwits
I know, and both the EU and the UK already got fucked over this, money and time has been spent because some cunt toured a country on a red bus and half of the citizens believed in what they wrote on it. It's not a fantasy, Europe needs to be strong against all these forces trying to tear it apart. I have absolutely nothing against the brits and their magical friends.