• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
No kidding. I'm constantly amazed at how completely oblivious so many younger Irish people are about just how bad we had it during the troubles. College age relatives of mine think I'm talking out of my arse when I tell them some of the shit that went on when I was around their age.

Wasn't taught at all when I was at school (Scotland, 90s-2000s) which I imagine is the same around the UK, unfortunately.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Well President Trump just said he would have negotiated a far better deal than what PM May did and he thinks it's a horrible situation and also it's not fair to do another for for the losing side.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
fucking tory cunts. i wish the bbc would stop giving airtime to mouth-breathing brexiters under the guise of ~iMpArTiALiTy~

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Wait, so I just read they voted no on a 2nd people's vote today? Is there still a way for this to happen?

I honestly don't get what the hell they're doing. What are they going to say about why the EU should agree to a delay? "We have no idea what we're doing, pls give us more time". Like, really, I'm pro UK staying but the EU should just tell them to fuck off with a delay, maybe they get some sense before everything's fucked.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Wait, so I just read they voted no on a 2nd people's vote today? Is there still a way for this to happen?

I honestly don't get what the hell they're doing. What are they going to say about why the EU should agree to a delay? "We have no idea what we're doing, pls give us more time". Like, really, I'm pro UK staying but EU should just tell them to fuck off with a delay, maybe the get some sense before everything's fucked.

It's clear nobody in the UK in general has any clue how this will ultimately shake out

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't get what the hell they're doing. What are they going to say about why the EU should agree to a delay? "We have no idea what we're doing, pls give us more time". Like, really, I'm pro UK staying but the EU should just tell them to fuck off with a delay, maybe they get some sense before everything's fucked.
There is so No chance of a 2nd ref happening that I just read a Labour MP has resigned today just so she could vote against it, instead of following party line which was "abstain".

Edit: vote on motion to Delay Article 50 happening right now

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The EU can easily say "No" to us though, so it's not assured just yet.

If the delay is signed off, that's only a few months breathing room. Not great.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
OMG the EU better slam the door in their face lol. If they delay and THEN brexit lol that would be a "crime" lol

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Why do they need more time?
Are they gonna make another referendum or have a general election?
They already have a deal with the EU, why exactly do they need more time?

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018

Europe should be "cancel the brexit, accept the agreement or fuck off", no backsies lol.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they have voted against May's deal (twice), No deal, and a second referendum but they voted in favour of an extension to article 50 and... presumably expect the government and the EU to negotiate a deal they can agree to. What happens if one of the 27 member states vetoes the application? And of course I doubt the government and the EU would manage to get to an agreeable deal anyway. No deal still seems most likely to me.

Last edited:

STech

Sep 24, 2018
So the only options now are:
1- Delay (if the EU wants and they would choose the period).
2- Hard Brexit
3- Vote yes (third time's a charm) to the same agreement, so Soft Brexit

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Have you not been following? MP's have rejected the current deal that is on the table.
Yeah but that's the only one they're getting.
Do they think they're gonna have a better deal after this shitshow?
They're wasting everyone's time, might as well cut your losses and let them crash.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but that's the only one they're getting.
Do they think they're gonna have a better deal after this shitshow?
They're wasting everyone's time, might as well cut your losses and let them crash.
It must be really easy for you to say that when you don't live in this country.
We are as frustrated as anyone else is with our government right now but I am not exactly gonna bat for "fuck it lets just crash the country"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It must be really easy for you to say that when you don't live in this country.
We are as frustrated as anyone else is with our government right now but I am not exactly gonna bat for "fuck it lets just crash the country"
You're right about something, it IS very easy.
Not exactly my fault your representatives are boundless idiots who don't know what they want.
From everything we know, they want to have Theresa May (because they didn't want to throw her out) to go back to the EU to get another deal that they were told was final already, while also not wanting to withdraw A50 which gives a hard deadline.
I'm sorry to say that but who would want to make a deal with a partner that is so erratic?

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For how long tough? European Elections are at the end of May.
Mrs May says Brexit could be delayed by three months, to 30 June, if MPs back her withdrawal deal in a vote next week.
If they reject her deal again then she says she will seek a longer extension - but any delay has to be agreed by the 27 other EU member states.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47576813

As for whether we need to hold European elections:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47568283

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Europe should be "cancel the brexit, accept the agreement or fuck off", no backsies lol.
I mean, yeah, totally.

They had, what, 2 years? to prepare this and they have nothing to show. Delaying it for 2 months is not gonna give them a better deal with the EU, nor will anything else be different. With no reason to delay this, the EU will also be part of this ridiculously bad joke the UK is doing right now if they agree to the dealy. There's really no reason to delay this.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I mean, yeah, totally.

They had, what, 2 years? to prepare this and they have nothing to show. Delaying it for 2 months is not gonna give them a better deal with the EU, nor will anything else be different. With no reason to delay this, the EU will also be part of this ridiculously bad joke the UK is doing right now if they agree to the dealy. There's really no reason to delay this.
Only reason to get the delay is to postpone brexit after the european election so their friends (Le Pen, Salvini, and the other wannabe dictators) can avoid the immediate backlash once people understand what it means to have a °no deal° and exiting the union. Elections in EU are coming very soon. Probably that's why.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the only options now are:
1- Delay (if the EU wants and they would choose the period).
2- Hard Brexit
3- Vote yes (third time's a charm) to the same agreement, so Soft Brexit
May's deal isn't really a Soft Brexit by the way. Soft brexit is Norway-style or something like that. May's deal is Hard Brexit, No Deal brexit is just even Harder of a Brexit.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
We should give the UK a two month delay, that will give May time to have another 20 votes rejected.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right about something, it IS very easy.
Not exactly my fault your representatives are boundless idiots who don't know what they want.
From everything we know, they want to have Theresa May (because they didn't want to throw her out) to go back to the EU to get another deal that they were told was final already, while also not wanting to withdraw A50 which gives a hard deadline.
I'm sorry to say that but who would want to make a deal with a partner that is so erratic?
Not sure what point you are trying to make. I already said this country is fed up with our governments bullshit but, and i will say this yet again, that doesn't mean diving the country's economy into the depths of hell is the next step to take.

I dont disagree with you, its a fucking mess and we realise that more than anyone from the EU/NA can type into this thread time and time again. But no, lets not just "cut our losses" and fuck over the country.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it's going to happen, but could the EU proclaim May 12 2022 as the "final, no-take-backsies" Article 50 deadline to essentially force the next general election to be a de-facto second referendum? Since the UK isn't willing to take any other action one way or another as of right now.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure what point you are trying to make. I already said this country is fed up with our governments bullshit but, and i will say this yet again, that doesn't mean diving the country's economy into the depths of hell is the next step to take.

I dont disagree with you, its a fucking mess and we realise that more than anyone from the EU/NA can type into this thread time and time again. But no, lets not just "cut our losses" and fuck over the country.
It is not the priority of the EU to defend the interests of UK citizen.
If your leaders are unable to correctly lead the country that's on the UK.
UK decided to part ways with the EU and agreed on a set of rules to do so (rules that they helped create and maintain btw).
At this point it of the interest of the rest of the EU to stop this charade and cut our losses instead of just delaying the inevitable.
From the EU PoV, the UK really want to go and is kinda adamant on that, so yeah let them go at the earliest convenience.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So
  • No deal brexit is off the table (non-binding)
  • 2nd referendum is off the table
  • UK wants an extension, even though we all know there's a 99% chance an extension will yield 0 results and will just prolong the current bullshitting
What a mess. Unless the UK presents a good plan to change the current mess they shouldn't get the extension.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So, the UK's (read: parliament) plan is to keep the UK in a prolonged "leaving but haven't left yet" state?

That's not gonna do much to stop the companies and jobs from moving out (alongside other negative consequences).

Last edited:

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Theresa May screaming in the Parliament with her voice cracked is the most Brexit thing to me. It will be the "I have a dream" sound bite of May.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
What the fuck is parliament even talking about at this point? It is completely unclear what they actually want or expect!

Each single elected official needs to go back to their constituency and hold an open forum to actually answer for this mess and wake up and read the room

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So delay Brexit but reject every possible solution on the table at the same time? What good is an extension gonna do here exactly?

How long will the EU put up with this pathetic shitshow? They're bound to just say "fuck it" and cut the UK at some point, surely?