• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Is Farage and the other merry points of sales asking the other governments to vote against the delay? Leavers seemed of that opinion

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of blame to go around and what irks me is how there isn't ENOUGH people who know and actually try to hold them to account.

People should be going after the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Daily Express, the Telegraph for all the shit they have printed.

People should go after the BBC and other media channels that refuse to take politicians to task for their shit that they spew

And that's on top of going after Politicians for refusing to do what is BEST for people and instead doing whatever their people say. (basically "if they asked you to jump off a cliff, would you?" that type of shit)

there is so much blame to go around.

And of course this all is on top of many many leavers not wanting to admit they are fucking idiots who were lied to and didn't do the research before voting.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this can or should go on indefinitely (2 years is 2 years too long) but this attitude of 'Fuck you, slightly over half of your country (if you take the UK as a whole) voted for this so here, suffer with them' is fucking abhorrent to me.

The 'UK' voted to leave following no votes for 16-17 year olds, an illegal leave campaign and years of anti-EU propaganda pushed on austerity crippled communities. The referendum should never have happened and Brexit should have ceased once it was shown the democratic process had been poisoned.

I agree Brexit needs to end, but if the government can't agree on how it wants to leave because all options look wank then we shouldn't leave.

One thing the two of you aren't understanding is that the EU can't afford to put things on hold while the UK argues with itself about what relationship it wants to have with the EU in the future. The two of you can rightly point to a load of mitigating factors all you want, but none of them are a reason for why the EU should continue to prioritise the UK, especially while the UK won't even make up its mind about what it wants to do, ahead of other pressing issues from countries still inside the EU (like Italy or the shit Hungary and Poland are pulling)

It's not an opinion made out of malice, but there is no reason why the EU should have to keep on putting up with the UK's shit, even if it does fuck over the 48% who voted remain (and the 3 million EU citizens living in the UK, of which I am one)

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I think what myself and I believe, Calderc, are struggling with is the notion that we should all suffer in Britain because of the decisions of our worst people. This mentality applied across all countries would put the world in turmoil.
Welcome to democracy. This is what happens when a country cedes political authority to the whims of the dumbest part of it's population. It's no different in other democracies around the world. I don't want my country to be a conservative, racist shithole either but the morons in my country breed and vote.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
One thing the two of you aren't understanding is that the EU can't afford to put things on hold while the UK argues with itself about what relationship it wants to have with the EU in the future. The two of you can rightly point to a load of mitigating factors all you want, but none of them are a reason for why the EU should continue to prioritise the UK, especially while the UK won't even make up its mind about what it wants to do, ahead of other pressing issues from countries still inside the EU (like Italy or the shit Hungary and Poland are pulling)

It's not an opinion made out of malice, but there is no reason why the EU should have to keep on putting up with the UK's shit, even if it does fuck over the 48% who voted remain (and the 3 million EU citizens living in the UK, of which I am one)

Exactly. The Remain side is infested with a lot of the same British exceptionalism that brought about Brexit in the first place. You're just not that important. Sorry.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I can totally understand the frustration of you UK people. But honestly, is the majority of people even really against Brexit? I'm honestly not sure.

There are so many still deluded they'll get a better deal, a good Brexit, or can deal with the consequences of a no deal brexit. And I really haven't seen/heard much of anti Brexit demonstrations and I've even been in the UK in November/December. The 700k people March in London posted sounds plenty enough but the question I ask myself there: how many of these were UK citizens with voting rights? In London, I imagine there were plenty of European students/workers that took part in that march as well, trying to secure their job/place at university. The protests also, to me, seem to be rather calm. I have to think about our French friends in the EU, they'd definitely throw around some cars and burn a few to show they're pissed off. Not saying that the UK people should get violent but it doesn't seem that most people are really afraid of a Brexit. Maybe the shitshow in the last few weeks has influenced my judgement but I'm not so sure there would be a "remain" majority in a second people's vote.

And if the majority of the UK's people want to fuck shit up, well, then they'll probably do so. That's one big reason why emigration exists...

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Exactly. The Remain side is infested with a lot of the same British exceptionalism that brought about Brexit in the first place. You're just not that important. Sorry.
This. The rest of the EU are sick of this shit. It's been three years of this bullshit, and one more with the campaigning.
All while all British politicians (that British people voted for) keep fighting over the way they will have their cake and eat it, while they insult the EU, Ireland, and keep everybody waiting because they are the superior British race and they are entitled to it. It just shows how British people think common rules don't apply to them, and the utter lack of commitment to obligations with third parties like the Good Friday Agreement.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I can totally understand the frustration of you UK people. But honestly, is the majority of people even really against Brexit? I'm honestly not sure.

There are so many still deluded they'll get a better deal, a good Brexit, or can deal with the consequences of a no deal brexit. And I really haven't seen/heard much of anti Brexit demonstrations and I've even been in the UK in November/December. The 700k people March in London posted sounds plenty enough but the question I ask myself there: how many of these were UK citizens with voting rights? In London, I imagine there were plenty of European students/workers that took part in that march as well, trying to secure their job/place at university. The protests also, to me, seem to be rather calm. I have to think about our French friends in the EU, they'd definitely throw around some cars and burn a few to show they're pissed off. Not saying that the UK people should get violent but it doesn't seem that most people are really afraid of a Brexit. Maybe the shitshow in the last few weeks has influenced my judgement but I'm not so sure there would be a "remain" majority in a second people's vote.

And if the majority of the UK's people want to fuck shit up, well, then they'll probably do so. That's one big reason why emigration exists...

I personally have met people who thought their vote wouldn't matter and have since been wishing they had. More fool them for not taking part.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

There have been protests TBF, but they aren't particularly well reported

Most of the problems of the last 2 years have been a consequence of the stupid electoral system the UK has, the media being very eurosceptic, and the Conservative party refusing to compromise or seek any kind of cross party or compromise agreement between leavers/remainers. Everything has been to appease the extremists on the right of the Tory party

But still, this isn't a reason for why the rest of the EU should prioritise saving the UK from itself, there are bigger problems for the EU to deal with right now

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Will admit that I was thinking of English exceptionalism while reading their posts too, which is pervasive across both the left and right in the UK
Not sure if I'm misreading your post, so apologies if so, but I get quite cross when people conflate the UK and England. Especially in the case of the EU referendum where NI and Scotland voted quite differently from England and Wales.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Not sure if I'm misreading your post, so apologies if so, but I get quite cross when people conflate the UK and England. Especially in the case of the EU referendum where NI and Scotland voted quite differently from England and Wales.

I made the distinction there deliberately. I think the exceptionalism is mostly an English problem (as seen by NI and Scotland voting remain), but still one that is present pretty much everywhere in the UK, just less so when it comes to NI and Scotland

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I made the distinction there deliberately. I think the exceptionalism is mostly an English problem (as seen by NI and Scotland voting remain), but still one that is present pretty much everywhere in the UK, just less so when it comes to NI and Scotland
Ok, that makes more sense. Cheers.