• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
May either attempts to leave without a deal and the Tories see moderates split to block it, or May attempts to leave with a compromise deal and sees the ERG split off to block it, or May decides to hold a referendum and I have no clue what happens.

I can't see the DUP or the ERG allowing the Tories to run another referendum campaign.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
They're nipping these talks in the bud and not allowing May to look like she's doing something. May's strategy now (as it's always been) is to run down the clock until she can get a clean, last minute 'no deal vs my deal' vote in parliament. At which point, the remainers and soft Brexiteers will probably have to concede.

This very much puts the ball back in May's court, as she has to come to parliament on Monday and explain what her next steps are, and she'd have liked to have been able to say that she's in the process of having cross-party discussions.

Honestly there is so much bullshit she can feed and so many ways to waste time, that short of the Tories and the DUP voting against their self interest she is likely going to get that no deal vs my deal vote eventually, even the second referendum which would likely get cross party support is a way to get that.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May either attempts to leave without a deal and the Tories see moderates split to block it, or May attempts to leave with a compromise deal and sees the ERG split off to block it, or May decides to hold a referendum and I have no clue what happens.

I can't see the DUP or the ERG allowing the Tories to run another referendum campaign.
If the DUP want something done they know what to do.

Oct 27, 2017
London
jrE6NOK.png

a5NStlD.png

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...ld-have-independence-referendum-after-brexit/

Small sample size, but lol @ Do you think Brexit should go ahead?

Oh the pains for a Scottish Unionist. Unhappy with the Brexit mess, but at the same time paralyzed by the fear of going independent.
If this is some random online newspaper poll I wouldn't trust this at all.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Corbyn is being a cunt if he at least doesn't do the formality of meeting the PM

Liz Saville Roberts is showing more balls than Corbyn above.

If this is some random online newspaper poll I wouldn't trust this at all.

The Herald is an okay source.

The Herald is a Scottish broadsheet newspaper founded in 1783. The Herald is the longest running national newspaper in the world and is the eighth oldest daily paper in the world. The title was simplified from The Glasgow Herald in 1992. A Sunday edition was launched on 9 September 2018.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Well honestly assuming that remain would win without much effort seemed like a pretty reasonable assumption at the time.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I think Corbyn and his closer pals are the worst chess players I have ever seen. They just fail to pick uo on momentum and defend the wrong things at the wrong time. It's ridiculous and probably why Brexit is still happening.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Corbyn is being a cunt if he at least doesn't do the formality of meeting the PM

Liz Saville Roberts is showing more balls than Corbyn above.

The Herald is an okay source.

Wtf.
Corbyn stood across from May at the dispatch box and told her she needs to take No deal off the table before they meet.

What difference is it if Liz says the same, but in private

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QJMzPeR.png

"I spoke to everyone and told them my deal was the only deal and is still in the best interests of the country".

Wtf.
Corbyn stood across from May at the dispatch box and told her she needs to take No deal off the table before they meet.

What difference is it if Liz says the same, but in private

Everyone is invited to formally meet with the PM. Corbyn should at least do that for the 10 minutes it takes.

Do what the others are doing, don't give the papers the headlines.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected Tories backed May because no one in that fuckwit party wants to replace her lol.

Cross party negotiations is not something you should look for at 2 months from the end. Probably a tactic just to win time. The whole parliament is going to swallow that damn deal.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
pandoras box has been opened and it's not going be resolved that easily mate. its a gordian knot. and some other literary devices.

yeah it's really easy to dismiss the half of the country that voted for leave but how would you feel if the situation was reversed? it's why i feel labours proposals for brexit are the only way to proceed because each side comprimises.

don't gloss over what the EU actually is either. look at how greece was treated. look at the new copyright laws. look at how they wouldn't let italy pass its own budget, which is insane to me. look at the competition laws. the EU isn't a 'good' institution.

but yeah agreed with locking up the tories

Who cares if half the country voted for that? Those people have been misguided. I bet a lot of them regeret it now. Half the German people voted vor Hitler as well back in the day. People are stupid. Most of them probably voted on impulse without giving it much thought.

Also, such an enormous decision should have NEVER EVER been put on a 50/50 vote. Biggest mistake right there. I should have been 75/25, in other words a 2/3 majority vote.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's fine Jeremy, all opposing parties are pushing this, but go meet with May for 10 minutes for the formalities.

OP
OP
MassiveNights

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Will be a statement blaming Labour and possibly Lib Dems & SNP for refusing to negotiate as they all want to rule out no deal before talking seriously.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what that 10PM speech is. They could have just waited and done it tomorrow.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively - they meet, she threatens no deal, he walks away and the headline is that he's forcing us down the no deal path.

It's more important at this early stage Corbyn falls in-line with the other leaders and does the formality. Otherwise he sticks out as the petulant one and gives the Tories free ammo. They'll all get blasted for no deal moaning, but Corbyn especially if he's the odd one out that didn't meet with the PM to state his position.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at that gammons face. What a utter twat!

Last week a campaign group calling itself Led By Donkeys erected a billboard opposite Mr Cameron's home with an image of a tweet sent ahead of the 2015 general election, telling voters that "Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong government with me, or chaos with Ed Milliband."

https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...n-doesn-t-regret-calling-referendum-1-4857680