• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Wasn't this a thing a couple years back that turned out to be nothing

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
How did you find the domain? It might be owned by Take-Two at least.

Screenshot_2021-11-26_at_8.59.51_pm.png

Domain was registered 5 years ago though...

Screenshot_2021-11-26_at_9.01.36_pm.png

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
How do things like this get shared and revealed and determined to be one specific thing that's official and not some rando just putting up a jpeg

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Levine isn't involved, I'm not in.

Edit - Actually wait, didn't he say some stupid shit on Twitter recently? Ugh…

s y

Nov 8, 2017

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm calling it: BioShock reboot with rapture again
I think I might be OK with that again, it's been long enough for me, and a current gen Rapture with ray tracing and fluid dynamics would look incredible.

As long as it has a decent story I'd be on board.

I'd still prefer a whole new type of city. Space seems too obvious and has already kinda been done with stuff like System Shock and Prey, but maybe a city/colony on Mars could work.

Or if they want to go underwater again they could do underwater on Europa, Jupiter's moon. Another planet AND water themed!

Sep 20, 2018
If this is a new Bioshock tease, I'm already disheartened by it being a reference to Infinite's terrible plot and its attempt to link all the games together via arbitrary universal constants.

Bioshock Infinite was so much more interesting when it wasn't trying to be a sequel but more of a spiritual successor. All the pre-release stuff seemed to indicate it would not be set in the same world and then, well, we got what we got.

I'm torn on the idea of a new Bioshock to begin with. I almost don't want them to engage with deeper political/sociological themes because I feel like they are just going to mess it up. Bioshock Infinite's "both sides are bad" narrative + poorly done multi-verse has just really burned me with regards to this series.

Looking back on it, given Ken Levine's massive ego, his comments on Gina Carano/"cancel culture", and statements he's made about Objectivism/capitalism, I very much side-eye the original Bioshock (haven't gone back to play it in years, cause tbh I don't want to give him money). Given his statements, the intended message seems to be more "Rapture didn't do Objectivism/capitalism right, but it's an awesome idea!" rather than "capitalism and Objectivism are inherently dehumanizing and leave no room for empathy or altruism".

I'm not optimistic for its future if it attempts to follow with any of that, especially given that the general consensus seems to be it handled social/political commentary well, when in my opinion it didn't at all, or even come close.

I would be more excited if it just took the idea of an interesting premise (i.e. "city in/on a _____") and built everything out of that and focused on telling a more personal story. That would be cool. But really it all depends on who's behind it, and I suppose Ken Levine not being involved is a huge plus in my book, personally.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Surely there should be some sort of disclaimer on this thread that this page is half a decade old right? People are going to get all up in arms for nothing.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
This is where my brain went. Rocky Horror videogame sequel confirmed!

I'm not looking at the page to have this belief dashed to pieces.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Infinite absolutely killed any interest in this franchise for me, which is quite a damn feat.
Hopefully a new one will capture to he magic at least.

najaschade

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 13, 2021
All the bioshock games feel like such relics from gamings past nowadays. Both Bioshock 1 with it's "deep moral system", objectivism philosophy 101 plot and it's TWISTS and Infinite with it's terrible depiction of racism/patriotism, it's then-standard dad plot it's terrible gameplay and terrible TWISTS (but now also meta). Like no idea what to make out of this series nowadays if it wants to be known for more than just a somewhat cool setting