• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

From the perspective of prosecutors across the US looking for successful prosecutions under their belt, they really hit the jackpot with these morons. Just think about it from a typical DA's view - you want to get popular prosecutions under your belt, and even the far right has abandoned these chud brothers and sisters. These are fish in a fucking barrel for DAs to get their numbers up while putting these insurrectionist assholes away for years.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

though with them posting everything to social media, i dont think the hoods woulda helped much

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Hahahahaha...Wow

"Hello nice FBI lady, here are the links to the videos. Looks like Podium Guy is in one of them, less the podium"

I assume the FBI agent went fishing with Lyons by asking if he had any videos of the podium guy and he just figured he did nothing wrong so how could his videos possibly be incriminating to himself as well? Unbelievable.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

From the perspective of prosecutors across the US looking for successful prosecutions under their belt, they really hit the jackpot with these morons. Just think about it from a typical DA's view - you want to get popular prosecutions under your belt, and even the far right has abandoned these chud brothers and sisters. These are fish in a fucking barrel for DAs to get their numbers up while putting these insurrectionist assholes away for years.

Supposedly federal prosecutors have a 95% conviction rate as it is. Sure, most people plea, but I bet this group has a higher-than-average rate of wanting to fight to the bitter end.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
How did this thread get so long without bringing up the guy who wore his work ID lanyard to the insurrection?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Asked by the FBI about whether his threats were serious or a joke, Meredith replied: "It's a little of both," Baset said.
And this is why you don't fuck around with white supremacist rhetoric and stamp it out hard and fast. There is pretty much no line between being ironic and being an actual societal threat.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know the backstory for this one. Like he was just finishing up work and saw the insurrection taking place? Bought a hat and a sweater.

Your work badge!? come on.
Nah he lived in an entirely different state. There was no conceivable reason to bring it with him, much less wear it.

EDIT: actually looking it up again, it's in MD, so i dont know

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, while I do think a lot of these people are stupid, a lot of them simply don't care. They're radicals, fanatics just like ISIS or Boko Haram. A lot of them are wearing this shit proudly on their sleeves and it's alarming.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
They always are. These last four years prove it when they've been doing a lot of crazy shit such as spouting racism on social media or while being recorded from smartphones everywhere & end up facing repercussions as a result.

And all because Trump emboldened these people to come out of the woodwork since he's president.

Last edited:

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
They've deluded themselves into thinking they're the good guys, that they're the heroes who are saving America. From that viewpoint it starts to make sense they weren't hiding their identities.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know the backstory for this one. Like he was just finishing up work and saw the insurrection taking place? Bought a hat and a sweater.

Your work badge!? come on.
Maybe he just wanted to attend the rally after work or something.

Then Trump told them to march on the Capitol building, so he obeyed.

...or maybe he really is just that fucking stupid.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Live look at maga chuds future trial.

vDVD3PHveBpWwhOHuysxudl7sVY=.gif

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Bruh, some of these people carried phones in and are surprised they couldnt hide.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
From the other thread, case in point:

They really genuinely think they're totally safe on Parler or 4chan or wherever they are. Like they're above the FBI's attention or that the FBI or DOJ are some bumbling goobers unable to parse their evasive tactic of "deleting the video after a while".

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
They've deluded themselves into thinking they're the good guys, that they're the heroes who are saving America. From that viewpoint it starts to make sense they weren't hiding their identities.

But they've also deluded themselves into thinking they're rebels fighting against an all-powerful Illuminati who control all the media and politicians (except Trump and a few others, of course) and have so much power that they can steal an election and cover up all evidence. If you believe this is the truth wouldn't you want to hide your face from those people as you start your revolution?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
But they've also deluded themselves into thinking they're rebels were later fighting against an all-powerful Illuminati who control all the media and politicians (except Trump and a few others, of course) and have so much power that they can steal an election and cover up all evidence. If you believe this is the truth wouldn't you want to hide your face from those people as you start your revolution?
Oh yes, I'm not trying to argue they aren't still stupid.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
How did this thread get so long without bringing up the guy who wore his work ID lanyard to the insurrection?

Holy fuck. I take my work ID off as soon as I leave company grounds. I know the thread is about stupid MAGA fuckheads, but damn, what possible reason would you have for wearing your work ID outside of work? Never mind being caught committing sedition while wearing it. The only thing that could possibly be stupider is wearing something like a Best Buy worker's outfit while storming the Capitol.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
They really genuinely think they're totally safe on Parler or 4chan or wherever they are. Like they're above the FBI's attention or that the FBI or DOJ are some bumbling goobers unable to parse their evasive tactic of "deleting the video after a while".
this one was even bolder, it was posted in instagram lol

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

No end in sight. Every single insurrectionist chucklefuck has brought something stupid to say like some sort of idiocy potluck.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017

Any excuse to post this. Yes, people did fall for this on Parler. Either was an FBI agent, someone getting the info to give to the FBI or someone phishing for people's info. Either way just sheer stupidity.