• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Scum! That's both Main Season games in the bag for them. :p

ggs to Town, you guys tried your best.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because no one had stepped forward so late in the game despite potentially providing at least 3 valid checks. Heck, you guys did a mass claim with the final 7 people and still no one claimed cop.

There's also precedent in that regard (there was a Town Miller in a game with no alignment cop for Brexit Mafia, for instance).

On the other hand, did you see all of the other logic townies were ignoring? I absolutely thought someone was a cop who wasn't claiming because they were just BAD, or hoping to bait scum maybe? I've said it in spec chat, but I think it's absolute bullshit to troll your players that way.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
TheWorthyEdge Yeah, the no kill was a bad play IMO. Gave us an extra day and I wasn't going to buy a BP claim, and even the way you claimed was typical for scum stretching it out. Were you worried when I immediately started asking about no kill being an option?

As always, I should have stuck my guns on the TWE than Kits, than Chug order, but I let Monkey sway me a bit in gossip chat, then Kits went crazy too, and I couldn't believe anyone from town could be that illogical, than AB did it too, and I was just done.

I need to stop playing in this community again.
Hey man, these days were soul crushing for me too, I feel you. Try living under suspicion for days until a switcher flips, its disheartening.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There will be things to say about this game, but before all that:

That TWE used the incorrect pronoun after being warned twice, after playing with kits in previous days, is unacceptable. It was very frustrating to see that happening at the very end.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
As always, I should have stuck my guns on the TWE than Kits, than Chug order, but I let Monkey sway me a bit in gossip chat, then Kits went crazy too, and I couldn't believe anyone from town could be that illogical, than AB did it too, and I was just done.

my vote was made knowing full well that Vere had unvoted for you and was going to vote for Kitsunelaine. if you had just calmed your shit instead of self hammering for no reason, this shit wouldn't have gone down the way it did.

and you're going to blame us? foh

OP
OP
Apopheniac

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely proud of everyone who stepped up to play - in spite of squidyj's and cabot's best efforts, this game was held together by duct tape and unicorn spit. You all did your best and helped my setup come to life, and I couldn't be happier that I got the opportunity to run a game for this community.

It's late, so I'm gonna collapse, and hopefully some other words will spill out of me tomorrow.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Good game scum.

Theworthyedge, why the bussing of scum so early? It's something that came up in spec thread. Want to see your thoughts on that play.

It worked, so I'm looking for tips!!!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely proud of everyone who stepped up to play - in spite of squidyj's and cabot's best efforts, this game was held together by duct tape and unicorn spit. You all did your best and helped my setup come to life, and I couldn't be happier that I got the opportunity to run a game for this community.

It's late, so I'm gonna collapse, and hopefully some other words will spill out of me tomorrow.
can i say a special thank you to Dr. Monkey
played the final days and handled my claim much better than i ever could have

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, it was fun playing with all you guys and I appreciate you having patience with a newb like me. It was fun and I'm hoping to play some more later. Hopefully CoolestSpot doesn't get banned for trying to fuck an M&M this time.

VOTE: rac

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Good game scum.

Theworthyedge, why the bussing of scum so early? It's something that came up in spec thread. Want to see your thoughts on that play.

It worked, so I'm looking for tips!!!
This,

And i find it super suspect to be willing to vote for someone so early on in the day phase of LYLO, and yet you sided with the person that has had a rocky recent voting history.
This means that you were absolutely sure that Vere wasn't switched when he tracked AB. The only way you were absolutely sure... in a LYLO situation... is if you were scum

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This,

And i find it super suspect to be willing to vote for someone so early on in the day phase of LYLO, and yet you sided with the person that has had a rocky recent voting history.
This means that you were absolutely sure that Vere wasn't switched when he tracked AB. The only way you were absolutely sure... in a LYLO situation... is if you were scum
The switcher was dead when Vere tracked AB.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
TheWorthyEdge Yeah, the no kill was a bad play IMO. Gave us an extra day and I wasn't going to buy a BP claim, and even the way you claimed was typical for scum stretching it out. Were you worried when I immediately started asking about no kill being an option?

Bad play but we won. Soooo

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't say that! I had nothing but praise for the way you'd played once you subbed in.

we were rooting for you :(

Sorry guys, I just think I'm fundamentally incompatible with how this community runs things. I hate all of the inactive players who don't get banned from playing, I hate the rules infractions that so rarely lead to any tangible actions, I hate how inconsistent the setup for each game is, I dislike how carebear it gets at times(not a problem this game, IMO, and I was actually trying to be chill for the mods' sake), I hate how unique everyone things their games have to be, etc. I just think I'm a detriment to the community and will drive new and veteran players away with my hostility. I know I'm good at this, and I keep trying to improve our level of play, but I just feel dragged down each time, with the same dumb mistakes happening over and over again. I tried to half-ass this game, and walk away from it after I made my points, but I still kept getting pulled back in. It's mentally exhausting.

Sorry to rant. Sorry I'm an asshole. I can't even half-ass this.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey man, these days were soul crushing for me too, I feel you. Try living under suspicion for days until a switcher flips, its disheartening.

I feel like I let you down the most with my impatience. Sorry man, you did really good. The fact that you didn't die after stuart is kind of amazing.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hi hi

just letting yall know that all the boards on OM are open right now, including the spec chat

rac

Oct 25, 2017
My situation is that I have already told two people through this chat who I am, Vere and Worthy.
Vere is pretty much confirmed at this point I think.

And I told Worthy who I was night 2 the day I thought I was definitely going to die, so in the back of my head I'm thinking scum knows what I am and that's the only reason why I'm still alive.

welp

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say this. Kits. I'm sorry. Seriously I am. I did it many times and it really is unacceptable. I've apologized already but I just wanted to say it again.

Pedro, I know it didn't look like I was sorry but I was and I made it clear even if it seemed like I didn't learn. I don't feel like there was any reason to call me out on it anymore than you did especially because I took the blame anyways but you said what you thought was necessary and I respect that.

I'm out. Don't want to disrespect anyone moreso than I already have through my clear ignorance. I don't know why it was so difficult to get through my thick skull.

Sorry scum for being a bad teammate. Ask nin. They know how I play and frankly it's not very suitable for Forum Mafia. Anyways, if you ever need someone reach out! Fun game. Thanks Town for the win! Lol

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I let you down the most with my impatience. Sorry man, you did really good. The fact that you didn't die after stuart is kind of amazing.
It was a series of bad decisions and shit consequences for all of us, we were doing great for a while. It isn't your fault man, town just has to be better and more involved in the future.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We are making this Announcement in both games as a particular set of rules were broken. This does not mean it happened in one game over the other or in both, this is an update so everyone is fully aware of the rules.

1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
5. Do not refer to or discuss other player's activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game. Please do not use this information for in-game purposes.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun. Repeated aggressive action will be warned by a Mod and if that is ignored may result in a Modkill or a Replacement Player being sought.

1. Discussion of a Player's activity or perceived activity via PM with that Player whether or not you are currently in that game is never allowed. Personal insults, play critique, and/or accusations sent to any active Player is never okay as it can not only affect the game but can also affect that Player.
If you wish to have a civil discussion with an individual about a game that's fine. Please refrain from doing so until they are either out of the game or once the game has ended.

2. Note we do not tolerate personal insults or accusations. If you need to, step away from the game and take a breath if things become too heated. Be aware of your fellow Players. We are all here to have fun and play a game but this cannot happen if lines are crossed.

3. Be respectful to your Gamerunners. These individuals are giving you their time and energy to make sure up to 20+ people are happy and having fun for weeks at a time. It can be both very rewarding and also incredibly stressful and difficult, not to mention time consuming. Please be respectful and considerate towards them, their decisions and choices are never easy to make.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I demand by unanimous support, more cheerleading by our Game Runners
53c8f310-47e3-0131-18f0-1eb1176d1419.gif

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from what I consider a mislabeled, semi-bastard game, I did think the balance here was pretty good. I'll never care about fluff, and I think I've only heard Molecule Man before, but the death descriptions were amusing. Sorry to hassle you on the scum no kill thing, but I honestly thought that was a settled matter ever since MGS mafia. Hecht

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wow. So it looks like Worthy edge won!
Will you ever play a game where you're not scum?

Or... better question:
Will I ever play a game where I am scum?
Or at least with an interesting ability. Me being Death Faker back in Marvel Mafia didn't really change much from me playing as vanilla town outside of being "dead" for a period of 2 hours.

Worthy your last post in scum chat LOL Perfect
He's talking to himself with that last post. Do we need to call someone...?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Will you ever play a game where you're not scum?

Or... better question:
Will I ever play a game where I am scum?
Or at least with an interesting ability. Me being Death Faker back in Marvel Mafia didn't really change much from me playing as vanilla town outside of being "dead" for a period of 2 hours.

He's talking to himself with that last post. Do we need to call someone...?

I didn't know who was reading that.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
When we reconcile The Boss being more of a badass than the 'legendary' Big Boss.

Search in your heart for you know its true.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Aside from what I consider a mislabeled, semi-bastard game, I did think the balance here was pretty good. I'll never care about fluff, and I think I've only heard Molecule Man before, but the death descriptions were amusing. Sorry to hassle you on the scum no kill thing, but I honestly thought that was a settled matter ever since MGS mafia. Hecht
I had nothing to do with this!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Well done Worthy. GG everyone.

I had a lot of fun with the game despite my early death before my power could do anything noteworthy :( but I'm glad Town resisted killing Vere.

Hope to play with many of yous again :)