• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Piano dog, you funny.

Anyway, stuff I believe that cannot be proven, either now, or ever.

I do believe that Jesus Christ is a savior. I don't know if he's THE savior or one of many. But Jesus was a good man and even if he was not divine in origin, is worthy of studying, following in example, and even worshiping today. Buddha is much the same.

There's an afterlife. I don't know what it entails. But I refuse to believe that death is the end. Such finality would make life on Earth inherently pointless and not worth living in the first place, as eventually all trace of your existence will be wiped from the living realm anyway. Maybe it's reincarnation, maybe it's an "underworld" situation, or both. I can't say I know. I just know, in my heart of hearts, it has to exist.

There was a sauropod with a beautiful pelt of fur-like feathers that lived in cold regions during the Mesozoic. I mean. Come on. It's just too obvious of an idea. Woolly mammoths were a thing!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Guacamole is created by the lizard Ancient Aliens hiding under Mesopotamia.

Chapstick is a scam. After I stopped using Chapstick, my lips stopped getting chapped. You get tricked into using it for the first time, and then if you don't continue using it you'll lips will get chapped and perpetuate the cycle. Just say no to Chapstick.
Never used chapstick but this is hilarious.

I already refuse to use Facebook but I didn't know they were that extreme with their spying. Thats crazy

mclaren777

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's possible that God explained the creation of the universe to Moses over the course of six days.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the Pee Pee Tape is real. If only because it would provide the perfect ending to this insane saga we're on.

I also believe that the first ones to talk about others not getting jokes are also the ones who won't get them.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I was never good at Science

But there has to be Alien Life

Whether Microscopic sized bacteria (bacterium?) or Giant Mountain Sized beings far far away from here

Absinthe

Oct 27, 2017
3290e2e9a4835114e0065a4b9b1b8091.jpg

He's Out There!

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Comics were good in the 90s. Including Spawn for a bit.
I wish I had concrete proof but I can't risk opening my comic book bags, I need everything in mint condition or I'll never become a millionaire.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
I believe there are other intelligent life forms in the universe. Possibly some in our own galaxy.
There's an afterlife. I don't know what it entails. But I refuse to believe that death is the end. Such finality would make life on Earth inherently pointless and not worth living in the first place, as eventually all trace of your existence will be wiped from the living realm anyway. Maybe it's reincarnation, maybe it's an "underworld" situation, or both. I can't say I know. I just know, in my heart of hearts, it has to exist.
I absolutely respect your stance. I have to ask, how does an afterlife, reincarnation, or "underworld", change the finality and the pointlessness to life? If one was to live forever (through reincarnation, or otherwise) rather then one singular lifetime, how does that make that eternity less pointless?

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Right...we are imagining (observing) where/when electrons are at any given time and their spin...which creates the matter in the world in which we observe!

Electrons are everywhere and nowhere at once (even stated in the link you gave)...which means it only needs to be what we want to observe at a given moment (what we all choose to observe and believe true...binding it all together)

It's based on the double slit experiment...which is a true and unavoidable fact that atomic matter, like electrons, don't do anything when not observed. Only when we actually observe the particle, does it start performing like we expect it to...everything when you get down to it is a wave, not real objects. Only when observed by our minds do the waves collapse and create the particle and matter.

That's why the universe is a hologram. It's basically one huge flat wave that we build perceived space out of through our collective conscious (that's why it can be infinite, cause it's just continuously constructed and deconstructed as we observe it)

It's basically Schrodengers cat but applied to the multiple universes. There are no planets out there with other living beings on them AND there are planets out there with other living beings on them. Both are true at once. At some point, we as a collective conscious will believe and observe a planet or extraterrestrial being making it a reality (and there are multiple universes where this collective observation never happens)

Many people believe we can affect the health of our own physical body with our mind (stress and depression deteriorates Health, laughter and happiness and conviction of being healthy actually heals the body) this isn't considered some voodoo delusion anymore. Likewise, the collective conscious affects the physical world as well. Everything that we are observing as humans is made out of basically nothing, but we believe and perceive it as a real solid reality

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cords without restraints or collapsing the wavelength alter their arrangement to form a 'natural' tangled form.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Proof in an absolute sense.
Still a conscience stucked into what seems like reality because it's start again every morning, living with beings in the same situation.

eZn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mine: Auto-correct is getting worse.

I never had a problem before. It worked great. But more and more, it's auto-correcting to words I didn't even come close to texting. Often times, it'll correct to absolute nonsense words no one would intentionally type. I feel like it's getting worse with every new phone I get (Samsung Galaxy 3, 5, 6 and 8).

What about you?

Agreed. I just tried to type vet and got autocorrected to version. Why? Dumbass phone.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Never used chapstick but this is hilarious
You should test out my theory. Buy some Chapstick, put it on 3 times a day for 3 days. Stop using it. Observe for 3 days. Report back. It's for science!

There's an afterlife. I don't know what it entails. But I refuse to believe that death is the end. Such finality would make life on Earth inherently pointless and not worth living in the first place, as eventually all trace of your existence will be wiped from the living realm anyway.

I think the opposite. If there is no afterlife then it makes me want to live my one life to the fullest with out messing it up or anyone else's. I think if everyone believed there was nothing after death then people would be less likely to do immoral acts towards themselves and others.

edit: my first ever double post

Last edited:

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chapstick is a scam. After I stopped using Chapstick, my lips stopped getting chapped. You get tricked into using it for the first time, and then if you don't continue using it you'll lips will get chapped and perpetuate the cycle. Just say no to Chapstick.

I remember seeing something that said that chapstick dries your lips out or something to that effect so I believe you. If you want nice lips use Vaseline. Wht do you think every R&B singer uses to get their lips that way?

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone comes into my house at night, steals one sock and tangles all my cables and wires.

This happens way too often.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That when WE die, we only wake up like from a bad dream in order to continue with our lives . Maybe another universe or plain of existence or what have you.

When we suffer the loose of life of third parties in our existence , like loosing a loved one and such, that's the penance we need to endure.

I don't know if that make sense.

Oct 27, 2017
I also think there's life out there in the universe, and someone said magnetic monopoles, so that too.

Right...we are imagining (observing) where/when electrons are at any given time and their spin...which creates the matter in the world in which we observe!

Electrons are everywhere and nowhere at once (even stated in the link you gave)...which means it only needs to be what we want to observe at a given moment (what we all choose to observe and believe true...binding it all together)

It's based on the double slit experiment...which is a true and unavoidable fact that atomic matter, like electrons, don't do anything when not observed. Only when we actually observe the particle, does it start performing like we expect it to...everything when you get down to it is a wave, not real objects. Only when observed by our minds do the waves collapse and create the particle and matter.

That's why the universe is a hologram. It's basically one huge flat wave that we build perceived space out of through our collective conscious (that's why it can be infinite, cause it's just continuously constructed and deconstructed as we observe it)

It's basically Schrodengers cat but applied to the multiple universes. There are no planets out there with other living beings on them AND there are planets out there with other living beings on them. Both are true at once. At some point, we as a collective conscious will believe and observe a planet or extraterrestrial being making it a reality (and there are multiple universes where this collective observation never happens)

Many people believe we can affect the health of our own physical body with our mind (stress and depression deteriorates Health, laughter and happiness and conviction of being healthy actually heals the body) this isn't considered some voodoo delusion anymore. Likewise, the collective conscious affects the physical world as well. Everything that we are observing as humans is made out of basically nothing, but we believe and perceive it as a real solid reality
The meaning of "observation" in quantum mechanics is an essentially irreversible interaction of the system with a sufficiently macroscopic apparatus that admits a classical description, it has nothing to do with human consciousness.

Kaly

Oct 27, 2017

This was a very interesting listen. Seems like the theory is that Facebook isn't listening through your microphone, but already knows enough previous information about your life and combines it with current information (such as location) to create accurate predictions.

I'm also convinced that matchmaking in multiplayer video games is much more complicated than just skill or rank based. I believe that Call of Duty WW2 has several trackers for various factors with each user. You'll be placed in "inviting" matches with lower skilled players to create a easier fun match. As time progresses and you begin to unlock crates, the match making will place you into increasingly difficult matches. The contracts that you choose will also affect your matches to artificially draw out the required time for the crate. For example, if you choose a easy 20 Kill TDM contract, it'll place you into a match that's already in progress to increase the chance that you'll have to play multiple matches. If you chose a shotgun contract, the matchmaking will prefer matches with players that have heavier leaning stats on ranged weapons or you'll get maps that have larger open areas.

Also I think you'll received better items in loot boxes when you have other players watching. Activision doesn't care what items you get when you're alone, but if there's a chance that it'll encourage other people to purchase crates, then you'll have better odds.

I find it hard to believe that after all of these years of revisions, they haven't refined the match making into much more calculated connections to promote further sales. The trademark for matching lower ranked players with higher ranked players to increase purchasable skin exposure being revealed feels like the tip of the iceberg.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
I believe I was blacklisted for 2 years by my city for a job in my field after not getting a job when I was clearly the most qualified person* for a job and complained to a governmental ethics board. I went from getting interviews and being told 3-4 times I was a top 3 candidate to not getting interviews at all. Since then the people at the top have moved on and the moment they left I got a job.

*The city has to publish the names of the people hired if asked.

I believe I could've been a professional football goalkeeper playing for mid-tier teams in Scandinavia had I not been 10-15 kilograms overweight for most of my childhood and had more supportive coaches. When I was 16-17 I finally managed to get in top tier shape and got more chances playing for my youth club and at that time I was a top 3-5 goalkeeper in my age group in the entire country. I got hurt for some months, got depressed losing my spot, got heavier and quit at 18. I started playing for my youth club again at 20 because they needed a backup goalkeeper and asked me to come back and I wanted to lose some weight. After two months of training I had already proven to be better than the starting goalkeeper but the coach didn't feel it was fair to start me because I had come in late and not put in the same amount of work in the off-season and thought starting a goalkeeper who was 20 kilograms too heavy would reflect badly on his coaching despite me being a more skilled. That was my last season. Still to this day, over 10 years later, I meet people who remember me from football who saying how good I was. Kinda frustrating but having mostly stopped following football has helped me put it behind me and move on.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
You should test out my theory. Buy some Chapstick, put it on 3 times a day for 3 days. Stop using it. Observe for 3 days. Report back. It's for science!
Gonna buy some tonight haha

Maybe there's no aliens, but another human race,
Wouldn't they still count as aliens since they're not from Earth. People already think people with different skin tones are completely different races I can't imagine what they'd think about some Humans from a different planet

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's fairly plausible this whole thing is a simulation. Think of it as the greatest videogame ever created.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I absolutely respect your stance. I have to ask, how does an afterlife, reincarnation, or "underworld", change the finality and the pointlessness to life? If one was to live forever (through reincarnation, or otherwise) rather then one singular lifetime, how does that make that eternity less pointless?
Because at least you'll continue to exist afterwards in some way, shape or form, even if it's beyond scientific understanding as we can now comprehend reality. If there is nothing after death, then, as I said, you're going to eventually have every trace you ever existed completely eradicated. And then, what point was there to your life? Even the big people who changed the course of history will inevitably be forgotten. If there's reincarnation, then it's a matter of constantly rewriting your story. If there's a hereafter proper, then there's also probably something that can recall what you did in life there, whether it be a deity or spirit or something like that.
I think the opposite. If there is no afterlife then it makes me want to live my one life to the fullest with out messing it up or anyone else's. I think if everyone believed there was nothing after death then people would be less likely to do immoral acts towards themselves and others.
I'm not entirely sure about that. I feel like people should inherently be doing moral acts because they're moral and not do immoral things because they're immoral, regardless. Sure, maybe there IS no reason to worry for those worried about an afterlife, but what harm is there in doing what you can to make life good for others anyway? I also feel like a lot of people have a more toxic YOLO mentality and as a result might go "Fuck everything" if they decide that all religion is bunk.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I believe in the current astrophysicist theory that our collective conscious (soul?) preceded the "Big Bang" and it created the 3D hologram image of the universe we live in.

That we only observe the reality of matter and gravity because we collectively believe it so.

The only reason our hands stop when we press them together rather than pass through each other because even though the particles that make up our hands are 99% empty space...is because we all believe that it makes up the solid matter that is our hands.

And that because the universe is just a "holographic" construct based on our collective conscious, there are probably an infinite amount of multiple universes that are offshoots depending on subtle differences occurring from slightly different perceptions of reality.
So if I toss a ball at the back of your head without you knowing how come the ball stops as soon as it hits you? Was the ball also part of the collective before the BB and it decided to take up the job of being a lowly recreational device for the benefit of all the universe?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that gods, life after death, ghosts, etc. are cultural creations but can't prove their nonexistence.

I do believe it's likely that there's life other than us in the universe. Can't prove it.

Oct 25, 2017
well, I have this weird layman idea that if the lunar impact hypothesis is true (a body referred to as Thea colliding with the proto-Earth), then the continental shelves might be one giant crater remnant.

I have no idea how one would go about investigating it (other than trying to find what the original continent locations have been and comparing it to the most probable angle of the hypothetical impact), so I'll leave this to geologists or whatever.
Yes, I know it's not "Aliens!" weird, but there it is.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The meaning of "observation" in quantum mechanics is an essentially irreversible interaction of the system with a sufficiently macroscopic apparatus that admits a classical description, it has nothing to do with human consciousness.

Sure it does. You are living under a past construct! Time to re examine your schemas

http://www.collective-evolution.com...-the-universe-is-spiritual-immaterial-mental/

"A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a "mental" construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: "The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual."