• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
From my last post in another thread, I got to thinking. What characters could come completely out of left field, that nobody expects or even wants, that could be turned around to win people over? One-off NPCs, unimportant characters, unpopular characters, characters from niche titles nobody really knows.

I honestly think Piranha Plant is one of these, and look at the fanfare he's gotten.

My answer is Link's Uncle from A Link to the Past.

300px-Uncle_Artwork.png

Basically older, fatter Link, Link's Uncle shares the bloodline of the hero, is a descendant of knights, and supposedly knows Link's moveset, as he teaches him his trademark spin attack. As such, as the older member of the family, he sets out to rescue Zelda before Link. Being older, fatter, and less capable, he dies after jumping into a sewer at the very beginning of the game. Although you have to hand it to him for finding the secret passage.

zelda-uncle-princess-e.png

All of his moves would show him struggling to pull off what Link does easily. Give him a few move variations, like falling on top of someone with his body instead of poking his sword out below him, in homage to the way he died. Have him throw the sewer rats instead of bombs, with his animation having him look as if he's trying to get rid of them. Despite his apparent ineptitude, have him be slow and powerful, with an impressive effect trail on his spin attack - his signature move. He would essentially be to Link as Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon; slower, heavier, and more powerful.

Who do you think would be the weirdest, most out there, least obvious character to put in the game?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Let me tell you about this guy named Lu Bu. He is an aboslute monster that can murder like 1000s of men in a matter of minutes. He is seen as the strongest character in Dynasty Warriors and would be the first character in Smash to be based off a real historical person. You might say "But... His Halberd is so long, no characters will be able to reach him without being torn up like grass under a lawnmower!" I say... Yeah, but do we have a Halberd user in the game yet? NO! The best you can hope for is either Krystal or Banadana Dee to get like.. halfway close to make that dream a reality! Only one guy has a Halberd and a Red Horse!

I miss Dynasty Warriors...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The bag that every Pokémon trainer has. Every attack could be a different item.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Shadow Mario with a paint brush moveset. Why? Sick movement and cool design. Plus he gets no love since he's really another character.

4726413-shadow_mario__ssbwiiu__by_banjo2015-d8nf3xi.png

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Pokémon, Dugtrio.

Because it would be funny as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.