• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 45957

I always thought DeS had a better world building and ambiance than it's successors, the Dark Soul series.
DeS was the first Souls game I played, and at first, Dark Souls felt like a downgrade. At first only though, DeS was a great first game but was very clunky, and it's difficulty is the more unfair of all the Souls games.
In my mind, Bloodborne was the real Demon's Souls spiritual successor, not Dark Souls.
Demon's Souls with a bit of gameplay overhaul would be so rad though, but I doubt they'll be able to change enough to overcome it's dated gameplay.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A remaster fixes that

Either way, Jason said yes to the title, which was remaster, so hopefully that's the case
A remaster won't make it look as good as it would look if it gets the SOTC treatment. Sony has the time and money now? Good. Go all out and let a great 3rd party indie dev make a nice remaster/remake.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought DeS had a better world building and ambiance than it's successors, the Dark Soul series.
DeS was the first Souls game I played, and at first, Dark Souls felt like a downgrade. At first only though, DeS was a great first game but was very clunky, and it's difficulty is the more unfair of all the Souls games.
In my mind, Bloodborne was the real Demon's Souls spiritual successor, not Dark Souls.
Demon's Souls with a bit of gameplay overhaul would be so rad though, but I doubt they'll be able to change enough to overcome it's dated gameplay.

Completely agree. Despite the gameplay similarities and the From Software studio style (or Miyazaki's aurtership if you prefer). One of the big reasons I liked DeS so much was it's atmosphere, how it played with horror elements, the old ones (and broken stones) sense of mystery, how the different elements fitted the game so well that they didn't in DaS, and the diversity of ideas implemented used to subvert expectations. Bloodborne captures far more of that than DaS does and pushes some of those elements further whereas DaS doesn't really touch them. Despite very much enjoying the DaS games none of them connected with me in the same way Demon's and Bloodborne did.

I have also seen many hold the opposite view but for the same reasons.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i just want one to get it the hell off the ps3. haven't played it purely because of that

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish, it's my second favorite souls game after Bloodborne. It really deserves one.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I would like to try this game again. I don't have a PS3 anymore, so it's a shame you can't play it anywhere else. Hope they release it during the PS4 cycle if they do. Since Souls has been retired, it will be nice to go back to Demon's. I never actually beat it.