• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
FROM said they were open to someone else doing it. But they seemed to have moved on from the Souls series, at least for now.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat but I doubt it is coming.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
PS5 LAUNCH DAY BABY

3nKBDxB.png

DTVac1aWAAAuhje.png

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I got started with Demon Souls, and I did a play through before the servers shutdown. I don't think any of the other games, except Bloodborne, compete with it in terms of sheer atmosphere. Would love to see a remaster with some better graphics, better online, and some QoL improvements.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the answer is yes. But it wouldn't surprise me if it is a launch title for PS5, the fanbase is very fond to Souls games and it would drive a lot of sales.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Once I break down and finish playing the PS3 version it'll happen. I'll keep everyone posted.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
We have already passed the 10 year anniversary of the Japanese release but the American anniversary is October 2019 and for Europe June 2020.

There is still time.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I would prefer a remake because it's probably harder to get back to than the original Dark Souls.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm amazed it hasn't happened by now. I am convinced it's in the works though. At this rate it has to be a full-blown remake as opposed to a standard remaster.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The dream would be if From make it to include new areas and enemies and not just adjuts/QoL stuff, but Bluepoint would be the second great option.
Nah, the game is already perfect as is. We don't need any additional content and I wouldn't trust From to utilise the power of the PS4 Pro & PS5 to deliver a technically sound remake. Bluepoint have an extremely high reputation of faithful remakes, I'd rather From just work on new games while Bluepoint do DS.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than just being available on a modern console I don't think it needs one, unless they do something crazy like rebalance the game and add the sixth Archstone. If you want more Demon's Souls then the Dark Souls trilogy and Bloodborne are right there.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
If Bluepoint does it I hope they've learned from the SotC remaster... the art style changes left a really bad taste in my mouth.