• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm generally not a fan of American Idol but this kid has got something. He's shy, seems sort of the quiet, non confident type...but dude can sing and play guitar! Also, you generally see families of these contestants on the show, it appears he's going this alone.

His initial audition on Idol singing an original, then dabbles with the piano:

Version of Bieber's Sorry:

Another original:

Last night's version of Coldplay's Yellow:

This guy has tons of talent, hope he gets his shot.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching the audition, and I agree and I also don't watch a whole lot of idol

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
He's amazing, but American Idol is being a bit misleading about this guy's start in music. They said in his audition he's only been playing music for 4 years, yet the videos of him playing piano and guitar go back 3-4 years and are still pro level. So he's clearly been playing longer than that. And there's no way someone could play the guitar and piano like that with only 4 years of practice. Even if they're working one on one with a professional for 12 hours a day, every day of the year, it's just not possible.

This guy has tons of talent, hope he gets his shot.

He doesn't need the show at this point. His name is out there now, and given out talented he is, he'll be the biggest star from this season even if he's voted off tonight.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
He is good. It takes talent to sing someone else's song and make it memorable and your own.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I absolutely adore the way he plays guitar and his musicality.

The dude is original as fuck and is talented beyond belief. And to have started with music as late in life makes everything he does all the more impressive.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Yup, dude is incredible. He's the only reason I'm watching the show. My only fear is that personality wise, he's so dry that it'll shroud his talent.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much loathe this show but my head turned when this dude was on...every time, while my wife watched. He better get signed somewhere.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's talented for sure but all of his acoustic stuff needs some differentiation. It all sounds the same to me.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
He is talented for sure, his voice reminds me of twin shadow. From the limited videos that I've seen, i hope he can expand on his on his range.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Lionel Richie:

HeftyLightHorsemouse-size_restricted.gif

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught wind of this guy, & wow, the talent is clearly on a different wavelength

What. In. The. Fuck.

Last edited:

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the the audition and the Bieber cover. He can play the hell out of some instruments, but his voice is way too breathy it's hard to listen to.

Also had no idea American Idol still existed. I thought after Simon left it got cancelled. Who's the country dude that compared him to Forrest Gump?

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
Damn! His latest original is just. Fantastic.

Has to win for me, but he won't because he's an artist.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gat damn that guy is talented. Unbelievable, textured and super melodious voice. I think the song writing in his originals could do with some work, but the natural talent in singing and playing instrumentals is there in abundance.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
This guy is legit a musical prodigy. He did an original song on piano and its mind blowing. I've never seen someone so gifted playing musical instruments.

tj hazuki

Oct 30, 2017
He is talented for sure, his voice reminds me of twin shadow. From the limited videos that I've seen, i hope he can expand on his on his range.
Funny you mentioned that; that's his musical mentor!

I've been obsessed with his pre idol music ever since the audition. Dissonant Harmony and Satisfied are my personal favorites but this guy man. I see big things even if he doesn't win

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Funny you mentioned that; that's his musical mentor!

I've been obsessed with his pre idol music ever since the audition. Dissonant Harmony and Satisfied are my personal favorites but this guy man. I see big things even if he doesn't win

I mentioned it because he was touring with Twin Shadow in his band. I can also make the connection that Twin Shadow used to write for Lionel Richie, who is one of the judges on that show.