• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Adweek:
"You can use sex to sell anything, except if it's women's pleasure."

That's how Stephanie Keating, marketing manager at WOW Tech Group, describes her frustration at the often-unwritten rules of advertising that keep sex toy ads from appearing in public. Given that her company produces high-tech gadgets aimed at helping women enjoy sexual fulfillment, it's understandable why she feels like she's been waging an uphill battle in the name of sex positivity.

But for the moment, she's enjoying a rare moment of victory thanks to the company's newest ad, a Toronto billboard with one of the best pieces of copywriting in recent memory: "Scream your own name."

Designed by Canadian agency The Garden, the billboard has so far survived three weeks alongside one of Toronto's busiest highways (the QEW at the 427), and the agency says that sets an endurance record for ads of its kind in North America.
Such advertisements, centered on women's pleasure, are often turned down by ad placement companies, despite what Keating sees as a double standard that has made men's sexual-health ads commonplace
scream-your-own-name-hed-page-2019-1024x512.jpg
Scream my name in Christian Bale's voice if old.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes subtlety in these products sucks. When I was younger my mom complained about back pain so I bought her a "massager" as a gift. I didn't realize what kind of massager it was until years later.