• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Note the crotch of the person in the enlarged image.

This is really yikes. It might not be so bad when divorced from context of the company's issues with transphobia, but even then it's disheartening to see. It reeks of fetishism. :/

Image in question:

D8z-UhFWsAc3Rs3.png

Last edited:
Second OP from duplicate topic (merged)

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
EDIT: Threads merged it seems, going to leave my OP up for posterity's sake though

The image in question:

w2k5d0f.jpg

I've seen a lot of debate on this on my timeline with some people describing it as some sort of flanderization of trans women and fetishization in others. Given CD Projekt's past on this particular subject, I don't know if I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm genuinely curious to hear what trans folk think about this as I feel it's not my place as a black cishet man to tell trans people what is or isn't transphobic. Would you consider this positive representation or transphobic? Please share your thoughts on this!

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes....

This isn't going to be good for cdpr

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how am i not surprised

but make sure to preorder because we love keanu or something

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
So, to those people who defended CDPR by saying their problematic issues are contained wholly within their social media platforms: What's the response to this, then?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those situations where intent is everything. I wish the game had the positive trans representation needed to cast aside any doubt about their intentions.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Expected from them.

Yall really expected this company to do the cyberpunk themes with anything but lipservice to the aesthetic alone?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it looks like the ad was supposed to be a play on manticores but then one of the artists couldn't help themselves

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Wracking my head what was wrong with it, then I notice it. Guess I should look at crotches more.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
So, to those people who defended CDPR by saying their problematic issues are contained wholly within their social media platforms: What's the response to this, then?

They'll be oddly missing from this thread.

Also I'm predicting the inevitable "this is a dystopian universe full of assholes, of course there would be transphobia!" defense.

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't see what people were referring to at first. If you can't see it, zoom in. You'll spot it. That and the ad title. No way it's not deliberate.

Sad thing is, I bet this still sells gang busters, and CDPR / GOG don't have to alter fuck all. They'll just keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.