• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously something needs to be done about this "movement". Kids who continue to pressure women thinking that they are entitled to a relationship or sexual contact. I just learned that the kid who shot up Santa Fe apparently made advances on a girl for 4 months before he ended her life and 9 other students. He apparently murdered her first.

I would not be surprised to find out that he was told on some hidden incel 4chan/reddit/other cesspool board that he should do this.

Law enforcement needs to start monitoring these sites and shut them down. Im sick of kids dying because other kids cant get laid or think they are entitled to anything. Its sickening.

[mod edit]
Please stop with the "what's an incel?" drive-bys. If you are unfamiliar with the term and actually want to know, a quick Google search will lead you here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel
This is also a good article on the matter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-44053828
You should also read some posts in this thread which elaborate further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
The only amusing thing about incels is that most of them subscribe to the sort of social Darwinism that would say none of them should be breeding in the first place, since they're so beta and whatnot. So it's funny in a "wtf am I looking at" kind of way.

Modest Mauser

Jan 12, 2018
It's so repulsive, I really don't want to even hear about them anymore. And it's like, I get it where they're coming from, I suck at relationships and dating but I don't go and blame the world/others for my personal shortcomings like these disgusting sexist weirdos who think they're entitled to other people's bodies.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I would not be surprised to find out that he was told on some hidden incel 4chan/reddit/other cesspool board that he should do this.
They aren't hidden and they absolutely encourage each other to commit suicide and kill people.

One of the big topic headers is [Suicide Fuel] and I checked in on them this afternoon and they were talking about how great it was that one of the other shootings (outside a graduation ceremony) appeared to be one of theirs and what a hero he was.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I was alone all through High School, I dealt with that through starcraft and Diablo 2. I don't understand these people.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
what the fuck is a incel? you damn people talk like you go out once in a while and iteract without reddit/4chan/neogaf folk, please.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so repulsive, I really don't want to even hear about them anymore. And it's like, I get it where they're coming from, I suck at relationships and dating but I don't go and blame the world/others for my personal shortcomings like these disgusting sexist weirdos.

And here's a pro tip for incels (not you, you seem to have perspective): you can have a happy, rewarding, great life without sex, without a partner.

The fact they can't get laid is fairly irrelevant. They are entitled, bitter, angry and lashing out. Getting laid wouldn't change that, it'd just lead to a women being in a shitty relationship. Also, its self perpetuating. If youre bitter and blaming women for your issues, most women will pick up on that.dont shit talk your previous boss in an interview, same concept here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
No shit, but combating centuries of ingrained misogyny and entitlement among males is not something anyone is going to have an easy answer to beyond "teach your kids better and pray to God that other parents are doing the same."

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Wait, the Santa Fe shooter was an incel???
Yeah uh, I need a source on this, too. What did come up was some Nazi junk and an affinity for Trump on social media. Mind you, there were other mass murders this year from self-proclaimed incels, so it's a fairly moot point.
since they are not people of color nothing will change
This is a savage and very generalizing statement. Some might take offense to it, even. It's also 100% accurate.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just another strain of horror that right wingers can cultivate, encourage and exploit. I too would like to see their communities destroyed but I can already hear the peterson/watson/trumpers/bots crying about suppressing speech and the depressingly effective propaganda campaigns that will paint them as victims along with the well meaning and not at all disingenuous liberals that still deny the efficacy of deplatforming to round out the nightmare.

OP
OP
Tahnit

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't hidden and they absolutely encourage each other to commit suicide and kill people.

One of the big topic headers is [Suicide Fuel] and I checked in on them this afternoon and they were talking about how great it was that one of the other shootings (outside a graduation ceremony) appeared to be one of theirs and what a hero he was.

fucking seriously? why are the feds not coming down hard and shutting that shit down. jesus christ.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Yeah uh, I need a source on this, too.
The mother of one of the dead girls said that her daughter had been telling the dude no for months, and then a week before the shooting she had told him no publicly because he wouldn't leave her alone. she was, supposedly, the first one shot. The incel community can't decide whether he was one of theirs or not, because some of them think he was too good looking to be a true incel.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
what the fuck is a incel? you damn people talk like you go out once in a while and iteract without reddit/4chan/neogaf folk, please.
It means involuntary celibate. You would think it was an insult but it's a title they actually gave themselves, and consider themselves a group. I hadn't heard the term til like two weeks ago, but now I see it EVERYWHERE so I imagine it only recently blew up.

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly even best case scenario its going to take decades to weed out. Pop culture of the last 30 years has been saturated in Philip J Fry style "keep pursuing the girl to the point of being a stalker" characters, and a generation of young men (especially nerdy, white men) have internalized it as being "romantic".

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
fucking seriously? why are the feds not coming down hard and shutting that shit down. jesus christ.
Same reason they didn't shut down 4chan when it spent so much time trying to convince kids to kill themselves, I guess. A mixture of lack of resources, an unwillingness to take it seriously, and generally being from an older generation that doesn't get online radicalization.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The mother of one of the dead girls said that her daughter had been telling the dude no for months, and then a week before the shooting she had told him no publicly because he wouldn't leave her alone. she was, supposedly, the first one shot. The incel community can't decide whether he was one of theirs or not, because some of them think he was too good looking to be a true incel.
So he checked off the incel and Nazi boxes? Nice. It takes a lot of effort to dedicate oneself to two hate groups!

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is nothing new . Sexually frustrated males have been doing violent shit for ages . I mean literally Islamic terrorists believe they're going to heaven with 70 virgins or something . However from reading this thread it seems they have now found some sort of outlet/organizing place due to the internet ? Am I understanding this correctly ?

Plus heard the incel term on here . I'm not sure I like the term too much myself seems to have connotations of alphas vs incels etc etc

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't be silly, why would the police ever crack down on a group of predominantly white men?

Most of them are spineless anyway. They sit there behind their computer screens espousing their shared beliefs that women are horrible because we don't jump on their dicks on command, writing up bizzare and creepy lists of what they want their sex slaves perfect wives to do and say and wishing they could assault or even murder other people... but aside from the few vulnerable ones who are easily pushed to doing something stupid, the rest are just cowards that'd cry to their parents the moment anyone knocked on their door.

OP
OP
Tahnit

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Like if we have to somehow regulate the internet to stop this shit, to stop kids from dying im all for it. The dark side of the internet is getting people killed, radicalizing the right and generally destabilizing society.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Call em vocel because everything they say indicates they're voluntarily keeping themselves from getting fucked by being such garbage

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the actual "incel community" thing is just a visible tip of a much bigger societal iceberg. Between this, gamergate, trump, and a ton of other things, you're beginning to see the violent lashing out of white males who feel threatened by a changing society. It's the result of decades of media being hyper targeted towards white males.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Often-times the FBI/federal agencies will "allow" websites known to foster terroristic ideals exist because they can track the people using them. Hell some of their agents pose as regular users to gain information. For all we know the government has indeed arrested some of these guys before they can cause any real harm, we just don't hear about it.

Of course I'm just guessing, but I highly doubt the feds are just now finding out about these groups.

OP
OP
Tahnit

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the actual "incel community" thing is just a visible tip of a much bigger societal iceberg. Between this, gamergate, trump, and a ton of other things, you're beginning to see the violent lashing out of white males who feel threatened by a changing society. It's the result of decades of media being hyper targeted towards white males.

I honestly dont understand why they feel threatened. We are just evolving as a society and nothing stays the same forever.

OP
OP
Tahnit

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Often-times the FBI/federal agencies will "allow" websites known to foster terroristic ideals exist because they can track the people using them. Hell some of their agents pose as regular users to gain information. For all we know the government has indeed arrested some of these guys before they can cause any real harm, we just don't hear about it.

Of course I'm just guessing, but I highly doubt the feds are just now finding out about these groups.

This actually makes sense. Hopefully they can start dedicating more resources to stopping these people from committing terrible acts of violence.

Oct 27, 2017
since they are not people of color nothing will change
That's not very accurate. There is a whole sub culture within Incel of non-whites bitter that women prefer "european features" and that' why they can't get laid. Fixated on fucking cheek bone structure and wrist measurement. It's just that the white ones murder people. Probably has to do with the fact that they are emboldened by the fact as white men they can actually get to the point of bringing a gun to school.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly dont understand why they feel threatened. We are just evolving as a society and nothing stays the same forever.

Think of it like a spoiled child. So much is taken for granted by white men, myself included. When other people try to assert their rights against that, some of them feel like they're going to lose what they have. The mind would much rather play victim than attempt to foster empathy.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody cared a year and a half ago when women subreddits were pointing out their hate speech to the reddit admins but better late than never to try to stop something I guess.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Funny how the most privileged feel threatened enough to go on killing sprees while actually threatened communities don't. Straight white males throwing away the golden ticket they were born with because 4chan told them to is just bizarre. And it's gonna keep happening.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

I think a lot of it is just how social interactions have changed. In past decades you had to interact with people face-to-face, and it was very unlikely you'd find a group of people who agreed with your vile rape fantasies or ideas or your theories that relationships solely revolve around sex or that women owe something to nice guys. Now a kid frustrated that someone has spurned their advances can easily fall down a rabbit hole of people trying to convince them that they're incapable of finding love, that women can't be trusted, and whatever else the tenants of the incel community are.

I'm definitely not an expert on incels, and am not interested at all in becoming one, but from what I've seen many incels are not white. A common grievance is that American women are only attracted to white men, and are interested in dating non-white men if they're in peak athletic condition, have perfect features, and are generally in the upper echelon of physical appearance. Some white men may be influenced by changing attitudes to their traditional place in society, but that's clearly not the only issue here.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Dude its hard as shit getting the american law enforcements and government agencies to take domestic terrorism seriously if its not POC. Like, really hard. They locked up some guy long enough for him to default on his lease and lose his apartment because he was protesting Police shootings of POC with BLM; eventually released him but still.

But... trying to get that same fucking manpower to cruise 4chan and stop these morons from shooting up schools is just apparently to difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.