• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard anybody actually complaining about this. Just other people complaining about people complaining about it.
That's how this always works. The feeble minded are led by the nose by rightwing shitstains pointing to all manner of bullshit 'outrages' in order to poison their weak minds against progressive issues. I just saw a friend's wife post a meme on Facebook about how feminists used to be strong women, but now their all pathetic snowflakes. Same shit.

OP
OP
Goodlifr

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
This popped up in my feed this morning...

(By Roald Dahl)

'Where art thou, Mother Christmas?
I only wish I knew
Why Father should get all the praise
And no one mentions you.

I'll bet you buy the presents
And wrap them large and small
While all the time that rotten swine
Pretends he's done it all.

So Hail To Mother Christmas
Who shoulders all the work!
And down with Father Christmas,
That unmitigated jerk!'

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just saw a friend's wife post a meme on Facebook about how feminists used to be strong women, but now their all pathetic snowflakes. Same shit.

if a woman put on the dumb Santa suit, would anyone sincerely be upset? Cuz I'd really hope not.

This popped up in my feed this morning...

(By Roald Dahl)

'Where art thou, Mother Christmas?
I only wish I knew
Why Father should get all the praise
And no one mentions you.

I'll bet you buy the presents
And wrap them large and small
While all the time that rotten swine
Pretends he's done it all.

So Hail To Mother Christmas
Who shoulders all the work!
And down with Father Christmas,
That unmitigated jerk!'

lovely :)
I always got sad Santa took the credit away from parents, TBH

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
"Protesting" Starbucks by buying cups and writing "Merry Christmas" on them sure doesn't drum up interest like it used. Guess I shouldn't be surprised republicans tried to make this their new holiday thing.

Also for my stance on the matter. Santa isn't real who fucking cares.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Mrs. Claus is out of the picture. Ever since she was caught playing Reindeer games with her lover Rudolph.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
FaDryFt.jpg
I know this is two days old but I gotta get this off my chest. The Nero Claudius image doesn't really work the way the internet thinks it works. His name is Tiberius Claudius Nero. so of course you'll see more photos of Nero from Fate/Stay when you google "Nero Claudius". Since that isn't the real Nero's name.

Sorry about that I'll get off my soapbox now.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
All I care about that Santa comes from Lapland, gender, skin color etc. doesn't matter. North Pole santa is a big stinking lie. Has to be overweight too, that is crucial. We don't have enough overweight superheroes.
The heart of this for me is that I have celebrated Christmas all my life...but I've never been religious. This has been more or less ok but in recent times christianity has been overtaken by such awful people that I no longer want to have anything to do with it.
Really, in recent times? Don't mean in any way to defend current Christianity (or bigots within), but saying it's been recently overtaken by awful people makes me wonder where you've got your history of Christianity.

Last edited:

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm tempted to post, " Happy Hollidays! Hope the children are behaving for Mother Christmas! " on my Facebook to see my relatives angry reactions.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Literally anything questioned about "traditional" societal norms, and the facebook normies go at it. Blow it up into this huge thing that it doesn't have to be.

"Fra-jee-lay. That must be Italian."

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
And in the short term, anyone got any clue how I answer the "what does Mrs Claus do" question.....
Mrs. Claus is as important as Mr. Claus. She helps him running the factory by keeping the inventory of all the parts needed, make sure everything gets done on time etc.. and is the one responsible for running the show, she's the brains of the factory.

When everything is ready she finally sends her husband to deliver all the toys to the kids around the world while she and the elves get a very well deserved rest.

End of story. That's what I told my kids.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Kind of a weird thing to want to associate gender stuff to. I mean he's a character that has been around for hundreds of years and never needed change. Mrs Claus is a thing in some of the stories, so it really isn't necessary. Medusa was always portrayed as a female mythical creature for example and changing the whole concept would be odd. The whole thing seems trivial to change if you ask me. Just let things be the way they are, or if people want binary/non gender specific people/myths/creatures/folk tales, they're more than welcome to make their own.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Watch out conservative children or the Santoid, the liberal, genderless Santa, will get you and wish upon everyone a "considerate time of gathering and tolerance". Then he will turn you into a gay, genderless communist and will steal all your toys and all your money to give it to even gayier, poorer genderlesser commie-kids! Merry Christ(MANLY)mas and may GOD be with you!!!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
the magic that brought you presents on Xmas isn't (Mr or Mrs) Santa Claus, kids..........it's consumerism!

#NoFunAllowed

OP
OP
Goodlifr

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Mrs. Claus is as important as Mr. Claus. She helps him running the factory by keeping the inventory of all the parts needed, make sure everything gets done on time etc.. and is the one responsible for running the show, she's the brains of the factory.

When everything is ready she finally sends her husband to deliver all the toys to the kids around the world while she and the elves get a very well deserved rest.

End of story. That's what I told my kids.

Yes, totally.

But if they are as equally as important, then why does only one get the credit and fame?

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Yes, totally.

But if they are as equally as important, then why does only one get the credit and fame?

Because when we made up all this stuff, everything was male centric.

Changing the legacy of a character isn't that hard to be honest. It took Cocacola to turn Father Christmas into what he is today. If we wanted to turn Mrs. Claus into something that was more than the person that does wifely duties for Santa, it would take a solid advertising campaign, or a movie, to change the narrative. Because then kids would see that stuff, ask to talk to Mrs. Clause (maybe), create a more family dynamic, team-work based that would benefit everyone.

Santa could very easily still be the guy you get your kids to sit on their lap and tell them what they want, but a Mrs. Claus is the one checking the list, taking the photo, etc etc.

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Yes, totally.

Because he's the public figure but i doubt kids will push that far. If so, explain to them that sometimes people prefer working behind the scenes because they dont enjoy the spotlight but they're as important as anyone else.

Jun 7, 2018
Why murder a simple concept? Some things can be left as is. Why does everything have to be over analyzed these days? He doesn't have to be a gay black female posing as a man. Can't he just be Santa?

Everyone has the right to be who they want to be, but like I said, some things can just be left alone, cant they? Santa has been pretty non-discriminatory as it is, why can't he just be a white man that accepts all children for who they are? Why are people bringing adult issues to kids like this?