• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just counted, i got 26 games. 7 digital, the rest physical. i've only had the system for 8 months.

It's about time Nintendo caught some whales.
what-did2helk.gif

Oct 30, 2017
I own Zelda and Mario right now. I don't think there's much in 2019 I want to play, either. I think I bought this system prematurely.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Breh my Steam library+wishlist combined are 4,000 games. 90ish games is nothing to be concerned about......yet.

therealmob21

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Lmao how?! There are only like 12-15 games worth owning on the entire console right now, and that is being generous

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't seem abnormal to me. By the time the PS4 had been out for two years I had between 100-200 games for the system.

On switch I only have about 30 games but I sold my switch over a year ago, and wasn't really using it.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I realized my 256gb card is nearly at capacity already and I thought 256gb was going to be pretty futureproof when I got it at launch, thinking I'd really only be playing periodic Nintendo exclusives...

Not as substantial a library as OP, but still far more than I expected when I invested in the Switch. This is a good thing though -- the Switch has exceeded my expectations for the most part in a very positive way and might be one of my favorite platforms of all time.

I have like 70 games in the Wishlist, too.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Guy enjoys his console.

People ask why lol. ERA is so cynical lol.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how it's way too big to be used as a dedicated portable device (not to mention the joycon buttons being subpar), I guess you just really like getting games on the Switch specifically and that's okay. I have over 500 games on Steam (since 2008) and 1739 items on my PSN download list, across PS3, Vita and PS4 (since 2009), but those include games, DLC, demos, PS+ games, themes, avatars and so on, but if I ever owned a Switch I would stick to only a few exclusives.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wish I could say my switch library was the same. After the first year my purchases really slowed down. There just hasn't been much that interests me. Mainly due to being a multi-platform owner.

Indies on Switch really don't do much for me. Meaning a lot of "this game is great on Switch" doesn't really apply to me. Nor does year old ports of Wolfenstein and the like.

I'm really hoping next year opens up with more stuff in my alley. No More Heroes is already starting the year right and we have MP4 and Bayo 3 coming. Hope there's some more variety along those lines as well.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
"But Switch has no games, no third party support!"
...1 year later
"But Switch has no original games, only ports from Wii U!"
...2 years later
"But did those hundreds of games come only on Switch? No? GOT YOU"

this fucking Switch never catches a breath does it

therealmob21

Banned
Nov 28, 2018

Lol a majority of those games are either remasters or ports. It's actually only 3 brand new games for the switch in the top 10 of the list you posted. It's why I said 12-15. The ones that are worth owning on a Switch are mainly the exclusives and some games like Hollow Knight and Celeste.

Also considering the fact that most of these games just end up getting bought and never actually played is just further proof that there are not that many games worth owning lol.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, do you don't really need to buy all the games you want if you don't have enough time to spend on it don't you

(I write this after impulse but Wipeout Omega, MGS, Soul Reaver and Castlevania SOTN on PS3...)

Last edited:

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I've got 16 games ATM--maybe 2 on my wishlist, but I'm not in a rush to get them.

My issue with the switch's game selection is I'm not interested in a lot of Nintendo's first party work nor am I interested in most indies. I don't write either off as a rule of thumb, they just tend to be genres I don't care about.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Lol a majority of those games are either remasters or ports. It's actually only 3 brand new games for the switch in the top 10 of the list you posted. It's why I said 12-15. The ones that are worth owning on a Switch are mainly the exclusives and some games like Hollow Knight and Celeste.

Also considering the fact that most of these games just end up getting bought and never actually played is just further proof that there are not that many games worth owning lol.

You should add a IMHO there.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I already own an insanely high number of games. Right now, I stand at 62 retail and at least 221 digital (I bought some games that were on sale last week, maybe about 5 or so).

I'm not completely made of money, the reason why I have so many is mostly due to the combination of waiting for games to go on sale, using Best Buy gift certificates, and eShop gold points.

No, I haven't gotten around to playing all the games but over the last several months, I have been taking my time playing random games and enjoying them.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I have 72 games in total about 35 physical and 37 digital, my wishlist has decreased to 40 or so.

Latest purchase was The Missing: JJ Macfield, it's currently on sale :3

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I buy around 1-2 games per week, I never bought anything when i had a 3DS on that eshop, and now since May, I have around 60+ games on Switch

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Probably, but its quite obviously an opinion. Anyway IMHO just because you can afford to own 60+ games whether it be from sales or by some other means absolutely does not mean those games are worthwhile at all lol
Really?

60+ critically acclaimed indies and first parties are not worthwhile?

(I write this after impulse but Wipeout Omega, MGS, Soul Reaver and Castlevania SOTN on PS4...)

PS4 remaster and remake console confirmed /s

kjtc1979

Nov 27, 2017
I've got over 50 physical and a dozen digital at this point. For me, a lot of the indies scratch that portable game itch. Love point and clicks and puzzlers. The eshop sales and gold coins have helped with costs, but I'm still a sucker for physical editions and pick those every time.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the link. Just to put a number on it, there are over 100 Switch games with a metascore over 80. So the assertion that poster had made of 12-15 games worth owning is as close to objectively false as we can determine with this sort of thing.

Edit: having now seen the reply from the original personthe above poster quoted, I better understand where they're coming from with meaning for it to be their personal opinion as well as mainly including only exclusives. With that said, I still think that by a more objective measure the above statistic is interesting so I'll leave my post above unedited.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Okay .... ?
I didn't know you are only allowed to play or buy exclusive games for your system.
Plenty of people prefer to play on portables and Switch let's them put in hours into game that weren't realistic on a traditional console.

Saying that there are barely 12 games worth owning is just ridiculous ignorant.

Felaipes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm really interested in your collection. I have like 9 games and a couple of those were impulse buys cause I wanted to play anything on this thing

Gomography

Alt-account.
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
There are a lot of great games for sure.
Especially if you haven't played indies or skipped one/ps4 it's an abundance of riches.

If you only play new triple A games it's not as great of course but why would you do that?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I've got a ton of ps4/xb1 games and my steam library is INSANE due to bundles
0aoPqub.jpg

But I'd struggle with figuring out 60 switch physical games to even buy. I own about a dozen and I consider them all fantastic but beyond that the game list gets pretty bad. ARMS? Troll and I? ewww

Dec 7, 2017
I own 5 games, but the Switch slowly is getting there... 1 year ago the line-up was much worse. Wasn't even able to find an indie game if I wanted to. Now the indie situation is good and there are slowly some games worth playing getting out there that aren't years old ports... Plus the Switch is getting any more mileage than ever before. And I don't know if I ever had 60 games for any console....

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I mean I've got a ton of ps4/xb1 games and my steam library is INSANE due to bundles
0aoPqub.jpg

But I'd struggle with figuring out 60 switch physical games to even buy. I own about a dozen and I consider them all fantastic but beyond that the game list gets pretty bad. ARMS? Troll and I? ewww
You see it's also a bit ridiculous to hold the Switch to a different standard because it's a console too. I'm sorry for your backlog btw

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I own something like 35 myself, and I've beaten most of them. This year I made up my mind to only buy games when I was ready to play them and its worked wonders. Stuff like Okami and VC4 which has been crazy cheap a couple times I've skipped on because I know I wouldn't be able to play them right now and I always have something lined up.

therealmob21

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for the link. Just to put a number on it, there are over 100 Switch games with a metascore over 80. So the assertion that poster had made of 12-15 games worth owning is as close to objectively false as we can determine with this sort of thing.

Edit: having now seen the reply from the original personthe above poster quoted, I better understand where they're coming from with meaning for it to be their personal opinion as well as mainly including only exclusives. With that said, I still think that by a more objective measure the above statistic is interesting so I'll leave my post above unedited.

They may be on the Switch but those are not Switch games

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
I have 28 games and a shit load of demos.

It has replaced the Super Nes as my favorite system of all time.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I own something like 35 myself, and I've beaten most of them. This year I made up my mind to only buy games when I was ready to play them and its worked wonders. Stuff like Okami and VC4 which has been crazy cheap a couple times I've skipped on because I know I wouldn't be able to play them right now and I always have something lined up.
I've consistently playing Dark Souls Remastered since launch but couldn't beat it yet, I'm close to do it though, it's just free time is so short :/