• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
How I've managed to amass such a large library of physical + digital games for this console in less than two years is beyond me. It's nuts. And it's not like I'm not using restraint. On top of the wealth of games that I already own for the Switch I'm looking at 35 more on my eShop wishlist, and that's after going through and cleaning out some games that I've decided I don't really need.

I mean, damn. At this rate my Switch library is going to surpass my Steam library in no time, and that's something that has been growing gradually over the course of like 10 years of countless Steam sales. I'm curious to know where other Switch owners on ERA stand on this issue. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here whose Switch library puts mine to shame in terms of sheer numbers, but I personally know several people who own Switches but only have a handful of games for it because they don't generally keep up with releases on the eShop and tend to ignore indies as a general rule.

While the eShop's interface still needs work for sure, I think the frequency and visibility of its sales (mostly for indie games) has really helped turn the Switch into a Steam-esque powerhouse in terms of driving compulsive purchasing.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It hasn't been an issue for me since my Switch isn't my primary console. So it's mostly been a first party Nintendo machine for me. Third party games I'm playing on other platforms.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Yeah, easy. Turn down the hobby setting a notch, and realize I can't afford to buy more games or even play them.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
brag much?
i hate switch cuz it makes me buy way too many games, even before i've finished the ones i've got. i always used to judge people who talked about their backlog like bitch can't you wait to buy games once you're done with the ones you've got? but now i've got like 4 games i haven't even started and i'm thinking of buying two new games in january.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm over 50 myself and have just about filled up my 128 GB SD card. Switch is quickly catching up to my Steam account in terms of library.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I stopped counting a while back once the games just kept on coming. I've no doubt spent hundreds on dozens upon dozens by this point- and NSMBUD, Tales and Downwell are coming next month too. It just never stops!

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I currently have 40 games, several of which I haven't started and a wish list of about another 15 that are already released and 20 or so coming in 2019. It's absurd and I haven't bought this many games since the DS. I think it's something to do with portables but I dont know what. My friend is exactly the same.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
On average I game about 1.5 hours a day, usually in bed before going to sleep and in the toilet. Occasionaly I play in my living room in the weekends. Before the Switch that was waaay less. I actually ended up buying around 40 games and finished most of them. The ones I didnt finish were the ones I didnt end up liking. Anyway most of these are 10 to 30 hour experiences but I have 240 hours clocked Zelda and 100 hours on Xenoblade 2 and Skyrim. Those are the expensive steak meals so to say. So for me a regular release schedule of great small to mid tier releases and the occasional steak meal works pretty well.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped buying games until I'm ready to play them.

Don't always get to take advantage of sales but I guarantee you you're wasting more money overall on games you will never play.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got like 5, really struggling to find more reasons to use my Switch.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting at 60+ now. I'd buy more games on it if I could find them, most likely. Unless I saw a certain game and wishlisted it at some point, the only way I'm finding out about new things to play is reading the monthly eShop thread here or checking that Steam curator that flags Switch games. Just going through the winter sale list has been a pain, so I just default to checking my wishlist.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But OP, you're supposed to be starving for games. Which the Switch has none.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6. There's no reason for me to get nothing that isn't a exclusive that interests me. I doubt I'll break even 20 at the end of Switch's live.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
are these counting older games that have been previously released on other systems?

if so that doesn't really count

wat about for strictly new games that only first came out on Switch, are there even over 100+ of those?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I have around 95 OP. I feel your pain. I have to constantly shuffle stuff around on my 256GB card, and my backlog is just stupid.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This ignited my curiousity to check how many games I own: exactly 41, without counting demos & apps. Only 10 of those are retail games.
Pretty sure in the entirety of 3DS lifetime I only owned 50 games or so, so I'm close to that already in less than two years.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm also at around 60 games, although many of them are small indie titles that I get with at least 25% sake discounts so in the end it is not a huge amount (I hope, I don't really keep track of a budget). What I can say is that switch is already my favourite console to game on and that these indie/ arcade/ puzzle games give me much more satisfaction than most AAA games on the bigger consoles which I rarely play anymore.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My library is

Zelda BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Mario v Rabbids
Golf Story
Dead Cells
Katamari REROLL

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm also at around 60 games, although many of them are small indie titles that I get with at least 25% sake discounts so in the end it is not a huge amount (I hope, I don't really keep track of a budget). What I can say is that switch is already my favourite console to game on and that these indie/ arcade/ puzzle games give me much more satisfaction than most AAA games on the bigger consoles which I rarely play anymore.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to Backlog City OP! make sure you pass your games down to you children in your will, I'm sure your grandchildren's grandchildren should be able to beat them!

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
I apologize if I'm wrong on this one, but it does sound like you get a kick out of buying rather then playing games. Is your Switch backlog huge, or do you actually play these games to the point where their value is more or less justified by the time you've spend? I know that's subjective (which is why I'm asking), but if I was in your shoes, I'd be thinking about all the dumb dollars spend, because I was too impatient to wait for better deals - or maybe even admitting that I don't have time or an actual need to experience the game at the moment of temptation. I had a really bad habit of buying too many games 10 years back. Like all the time. I bought so many games on release too (which just seems so ridiculous these days, unless it's actually top tier Nintendo 1st party titles, since they never seem to drop in price). Nowadays I rarely buy day one, and since I play on the PS4, I know that there's a significant reduction in prices every 3rd month or so (33 % after 3-4 months, 50 % after 6 months, and 75-80% after one year - might vary depending on the popularity of each title, but it seems a solid pattern)

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Backlog City OP! make sure you pass your games down to you children in your will, I'm sure your grandchildren's grandchildren should be able to beat them!
That's the case with my Steam library, but thanks to the flexible pick-up-and-play nature of the Switch I haven't had that problem. There aren't any games that I own for my Switch that were barely played. I haven't beaten all of them, but I've given ample time to nearly all of them.