• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
I have a soft spot for Tail's narrative. While clunky, he had an actual arc reflecting on how much he relies on Sonic for everything. Even the stage gimmick of beating and keeping up with Sonic plays into his character story. Then when suddenly faced with saving Station Square from Eggman, he actually musters up the courage to confront him on his own.

The last shot of Tails reuniting with Sonic in the Mystic Ruins as he excitedly tells him of his victory is pretty touching.

It pains me to see every characterization of Tails since then slowly reduce him to the nerdy scaredy cat.

Oh yeah, fair point :) that's another good shout, aye. His theme song touches on that arc nicely too

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Traveling far and wide, E-102 has eliminated each of his brothers to free them from subservience.

Finally you confront the last, older, more advanced sibling.

All other characters have long gone. The Egg Carrier sits abandoned on the stage of your final battle.

No one will know 102's story. Waves crashing against the abandoned vessel, 102 dies alone, mission finally complete.

THE best narrative in the franchise, and the best theme in the game, which is saying a lot. I don't think there's another more emotionally charged track in the game than this one, on top of being a hell of a jazzy banger. Sega remake pls.

You fucked up, op.

But it's gonna be ok tho.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Seeing this thread a few days ago dislodged some memories in my head and I've had this stuck in there on repeat since

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Beta's theme is way too fantastic to be stuck to suck a simple part of the game. I wish it was a full on zone theme.

Man, Adventure's soundtrack is pretty much spotless. Ohtani is such a hack in comparison to just about everything that came before.