• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I actually like the prequels alot more now after Disney did the thing.

Fuck me at least episode 3 finished an arc.

Proper lightsaber battles to boot. There's a ton of good stuff here!

My favorite scene in the entire prequel trilogy is also in episode 3 where Anakin is staring out the window at the same time as padme and you can just feel what they're trying to say without them speaking a word. Damn it, George. Come back :(
I agree with the bolded. John Williams eerie almost minimalist score for that scene elevates that moment. It's one of my favourites alongside "Darth Plaguise the wise" and the final confrontation between Anakin and Obi.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
giphy.gif

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017

My favorite scene in the entire prequel trilogy is also in episode 3 where Anakin is staring out the window at the same time as padme and you can just feel what they're trying to say without them speaking a word. Damn it, George. Come back :(

What did you expect when Disney handed the reigns over to a hack?

Did you not realize Abrams is a hack before 2015/9? He's a terrible director with Michael Bay's visual aesthetic - the writing was on the wall.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why all of a sudden, people think the PT are better just because the ST sucks.

The PT had stupid premises (especially Episode I and II), wooden dialogue, craptastic "love" story, and makes Anakin look like a complete dumbass for believing Palpatine's "ability to save loved ones" that ended up being "teehee I mean we could do it if we work together teehee." Also not a fan of how Palpatine Keikaku'd literally everything.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Episode VII : A New Hope for a good trilogy

Episode VIII : The Empire Strikes Back Quality

Episode IX : Revenge of the JJ

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Tell about it, prequel duels were so good.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes one group of people can make a bad thing and a different group of people can also make a bad thing for different reasons

i would argue, however, that the ST's got merits over the PT that make it preferable to watch over the PT, ie the cinematography and effects, the set design, the casting & performances, at least some genuinely funny jokes, etc

TROS is a dumpster fire with a dog shit script but I would rather watch it 20 more times before i rewatch a prequel again. Those are also dumpster fires with dog shit scripts but they're also boring, wooden, hideous eyesores.

This is a bad opinion but isnt really weird or unique.

People who think even ROTS is passable are pretty wrong
Hard agree

who gives a shit about lore and machinations?

Last edited:

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's okay to like the prequels, but to think they're better movies than the ST is a pretty funny thought.

Oct 27, 2017
Disney Star Wars played it way too safe. Movies are boring. I saw TFA and TLJ in theaters and have no desire to watch them again. I haven't seen TROS and probably won't anytime soon. I'll probably end up watching it somewhere down the line.

The prequels have the lightsaber fights and PM's podracing scene going for them. Not much else, but that is enough to keep me coming back.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Episode 3 is in fact the worst one. The only neat thing in that film is the end where the set suddenly becomes retro like in the OT. Almost everything else is brain worm garbage.

2 at least had the good grace to be utterly forgettable in it's awfulness.

it's okay to like bad films, everyone has at least a few dodgy opinions

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney Star Wars played it way too safe. Movies are boring. I saw TFA and TLJ in theaters and have no desire to watch them again. I haven't seen TROS and probably won't anytime soon. I'll probably end up watching it somewhere down the line.

The prequels have the lightsaber fights and PM's podracing scene going for them. Not much else, but that is enough to keep me coming back.
TROS has several set pieces that make those look like trash

it's a terrible moving but it's not boring

Flippity, flippity.

I prefer the OT and ST's measured strokes over endless flourishes.
Or CGI flubber bodies

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
OP, why did you leave out the second half of the sentence when it easily fits in the thread title?

Oct 28, 2017
What's so great about the ST? Just seems like they're trying to copy the old films, just being worse at it. Seriously, they killed Han and Luke already. The main "bad guy" is a fucking pussy boy crybaby.

New movies are garbage town.

Status
Not open for further replies.