• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
I actually like the prequels alot more now after Disney did the thing.

Fuck me at least episode 3 finished an arc.

Proper lightsaber battles to boot. There's a ton of good stuff here!

My favorite scene in the entire prequel trilogy is also in episode 3 where Anakin is staring out the window at the same time as padme and you can just feel what they're trying to say without them speaking a word. Damn it, George. Come back :(

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes!...……………………...it is a weird thing to say.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
make your star wars threads identifiable as star wars threads so I can ignore them, thanks

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

It has the best character in Star Wars as it's main character, great aesthetic, amazing music, great lightsaber battles, Palpatine and genuinely emotional scenes like Order 66, Anakin vs Obi Wan, Anakin becoming Darth Vader. I also liked the politics stuff.

It's also pretty well paced and is really rewatchable.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. Such klickbait. Wow.
2. Another Star Wars thread because we didn't have enough.
3. "Good lightsaber battles"
giphy.gif

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
What's weird about that take? Plenty of people agree with you. I mean, the sequel trilogy was more competently filmed, an argument could be made, but the writing was even worse than the hackneyed and predictable arc of the prequels. But, when all is said and done, the original trilogy is really the only set of films worth remembering.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The past was bad, but it's over. We know it turned out well in the end. Except it didn't.

That's pretty much the size of it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have you not seen the Disney ones? Pathetic excuses for saber fights that don't understand the most basic of fundamentals
Nah, that shit was more grounded than the fuckery the prequels gave us. Like, it's still not great, but at least they stopped dancing ballet and flipping around like gumballs while fighting.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Why cant you guys just write this whole trilogy off like GoT or Hobbit. Never watch it or mention it again. Just a bad nightmare.

May 9, 2018
This thread is a good example IMO on why thread titles should be required to be somewhat descriptive; ambigious titles are (unintentional) clickbait.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here is something "weird af" to say:

"I think I figured out what the Russian Numbers Stations have to do with the 2016 presidential elections, and what we need to do in 2020."

Here is not something "weird af" to say:

"My opinions on some sci-fi movies are shared by a decent group, but not the majority"

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

image.gif

No.
They are mindless spectacle, nothing more. If there's one thing the enw movies did right, it was having grounded standoffs where the character dynamics played as much of a role as the visuals like in the OG trilogy.
Boring does not equal grounded, give me spectacle every time. It's fantasy sci-fi anyway, not a medieval battles documentary.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
giphy.gif

image.gif

No.
They are mindless spectacle, nothing more. If there's one thing the enw movies did right, it was having grounded standoffs where the character dynamics played as much of a role as the visuals like in the OG trilogy.

I thought the prequels and sequels were pretty poor tbh so I have no horse in the race, but I do at least remember Mcgregor and Neeson vs dual wielding fight scene.

I honestly cant remember any notable light sabre big set pieces/ battles in the new ones.

And both sets of trilogies were terribad on space battles

Oct 27, 2017
If I made a thread every time I pooped.

Also real saber fights? ST has both. The first two movies were more conventional but ROS went full prequel superhero.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is an overreaction. Prequels are still bad. Sequel trilogy saber fights are in another league and feel the most real.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boring does not equal grounded, give me spectacle every time. It's fantasy sci-fi anyway, not a medieval battles documentary.
It's not about medieval battles lol. Just compare any fight between Luke and Vader, or Obi-Wan and Vader, or like, any OG trilogy fight, to the other two trilogies. The OG ones are the best by far, and at least nobody is ballet dancing while not trying to hit the other person or flipping around like a ferret on too much caffeine in the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.