• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

This is what Climate Change looks like

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Until people start to lose their lives in developed countries, nothing meaningful will happen. Things burning is just a "meh" to most people.
Australia is a pretty developed country and people have already died in these fires.

When asked whether they thought climate change could’ve contributed to it, the climate denying prime minister ignored the question while the state premier said it wasn’t appropriate to discuss it at this time. Same tactic the worms in the US use whenever a mass shooting happens.

So we’re getting thoughts and prayers in lieu of meaningful action on climate change.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Until people start to lose their lives in developed countries, nothing meaningful will happen. Things burning is just a "meh" to most people.
I was staying in a hotel the other day, and Fox News was on in the lobby. The segment that was on was a few people mocking the concept of "climate change refugees" as an "insane" "totally crazy" term made up by "lunatics like Pelosi"

The segment was so disgusting that I felt nauseous.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Air pollution is a scary thing, look at what is happening in India. I imagine the same thing will kill most people in the west inevitably.

Obviously its worse in the east currently.

OP
OP
Umbrella Carp

Umbrella Carp

Jan 16, 2019

Just to put this in a little bit of context, Australia has not seen fire conditions this severe since immediately before Black Saturday in 2009, a bushfire catastrophe that killed 173 people, the deadliest natural disaster in the countries history.

This is not a game.

Eylos

Oct 25, 2017
fires are getting much worse in recent years worldwide thing are not looking good, if we are at the start of climate change we are fucked

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
~50 people died in the Ash Wednesday fires in 1983
4 people died in the 1994 fires in NSW
~170 people died in the Black Saturday fires in 2009.

I can assure you bushfires are not "meh" to most Australians.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
elementary school children were shot dead in the most financially and educationally developed region of the United States

- Nothing was done about gun control
- We have groups that fucking deny that it happened......this happened in 2012 with wide-scale media coverage

So yeah, fuck all will be done about this regardless