• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Caught this on twitter and yeah, wow.
I know this game doesn't have open world and gameplay is different but this actually looks so much better.
Man, I would maybe play Pokemon if it looked that good.

35fk46.gif

35fkgb.gif

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I admit they do look great. Those are awesome animations. I've been checking them out all day.

But: how many Pokémon are in the game and how many attacks can they actually learn?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if Game Freak culled 95% of the Pokédex they could probably do this too

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's like it's easier to do animations when they have so few attacks, but my god I wish Game Freak would give mainline Pokémon the budget / team it deserve.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, when you're ripping the assets from another game and severely limiting your work to a few Pokémon/moves, sure, that is totally viable within a reasonable time frame. It does look cool, though.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game Freak has high quality animations already made for each Pokemon with Pokemon Amie - they just don't use them in battle for some reason. The idle animations in Sword and Shield - aside from the new Pokemon - still look boring.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
it doesnt really. there are some nice animations here and there, but overall this looks really janky, as one might expect
but i forgot its make fun of gamefreak season

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
That's because they only designed animations for a few moves for a few Pokémon. Why don't you understand that designing an animation for 1000 moves and for 600 Pokémon, every single one unique, is just impossible?

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks licensed, and that says enough lol. Haven't seen a Mario or Zelda rip off that looks licensed.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, those animations are likely also stolen so you cna't really give props to this.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a modern video game. Would be amazing if the proper licensed games looked anywhere near that good.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
While there's definitely some legit criticism to be had toward GameFreak, trying to find every reason to make fun of them is just pathetic, I'm sorry.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think the larger point still stands. A Chinese knockoff dev with no quality control is producing better looking Pokemon content than Game Freak.
Exactly. Too many GF apologists here that can't take criticism on their precious game.
(I'm a big Pokemon fan myself but since gen7 I honestly don't care anymore)

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IDC if this is a cheap bootleg mobile game, this looks so much better than the current games.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I've spent the last 6 years complaining about Game Freak and how shoddy Gens 6 and 7 were. But this argument about the Chinese knockoff game is baseless and omits some pretty big facts.
This argument could be done in a better way, that's true. You have to admit though, that a Chinese knockoff with probably zero budget and no experience, which produced better looking models and animation on a damn mobile game, is kind of funny.
Looking at some of the animations I've seen in SW/SH, one of them is literally of a Pokemon just going up and down without any limb movement or anything resembling it. I think it was a Pikachu animation? Not sure, but that's pathetic doesn't matter how you look at it.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
But all the Pokemon seem to just have one animated basic attack and an animated cinematic move. I'm not seeing the big deal?