• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
what i don't get is why people are so opposed to the idea of each game having zero trading from other games and no returning pokemon, just solely all new pokemon which could mean more time to polish their look and animation.

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Excellent animation quality maybe one day we get that kinda of quality in a mainline game

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Is there actual proof that these models and animations are ripped from another source or are you just talking out your ass.

are...you actually implying that this bootleg pokemon game that gives no fucks about copyright hand crafted identical models?
the idles are awkwardly posed and stilted looking too
hQMfeem.jpg

basically just existing models with some janky new animations on top. Maybe they created the Ash model?

Shit I mean Charizard still has the low resolution chest circle texture from XY model rip lmao

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
6 random mobile devs from china manage to have better animation them GF themselves.

Sure more pokemon for them, but they also have like 150+ personnel, not to mention extensive outsourcing.

Just hire some good animation artists, you should be able to after selling 15 million copies annually.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's blasphemy, but I would love a Pokémon game with 30-50 Pokémon that were way better balanced, designed, and animated.

Quality > Quantity

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever actually played the games?
Why yes I have. Since the original RBY days actually. And it still blows my mind that a billion dollar game series I loved and played the hell out of 20 plus years ago, cant seem to not only match the quality of lower budget modern games, but games from it's own series, in this day and age.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
6 random mobile devs from china manage to have better animation them GF themselves.

Sure more pokemon for them, but they also have like 150+ personnel, not to mention extensive outsourcing.

Just hire some good animation artists, you should be able to after selling 15 million copies annually.

Imagine thinking all Game Freak have to do is animations. Let's just forget that they have to make an actual game, something this Chinese knock-off really isn't.

I swear some of you are so programmed to hate Game Freak that you forget all logic and reason.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Imagine thinking all Game Freak have to do is animations. Let's just forget that they have to make an actual game, something this Chinese knock-off really isn't.

I swear some of you are so programmed to hate Game Freak that you forget all logic and reason.
With the amount of money pokemon games thy should easily be able to have better animations.

They sold 55 million copies on Pokemon on the 3DS. Juggernaut game franchise. Yet I dare not ask for production values for something more than an indie game.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's blasphemy, but I would love a Pokémon game with 30-50 Pokémon that were way better balanced, designed, and animated.

Quality > Quantity
Yea, I had even said a while ago that I'd be fine if they reduced the pokemon for a game or 2 if they used that game as a way to drastically improve other qualities of the games. So far they have not showed enough to me to warrant cuts.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
bruh
GukZcm8.jpg

They even have the same low res textures.
Whats funny is they seemingly gave Braixen an extra hair tuft

Okay, I watched the montage at the end of the video again and there are definitely some X/Y models being used. Fair enough. Some models like Gardevoir look completely different though. Seems to be a weird mix.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Why yes I have. Since the original RBY days actually. And it still blows my mind that a billion dollar game series I loved and played the hell out of 20 plus years ago, cant seem to not only match the quality of lower budget modern games, but games from it's own series, in this day and age.
See these single powerful cinematic attacks are no more intricate than cinematic attacks that exist already

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I watched the montage at the end of the video again and there are definitely some X/Y models being used. Fair enough. Some models like Gardevoir look completely different though. Seems to be a weird mix.

Even the 2d artwork is wildly inconsistent so they might have just nabbed that from fan art.
The locales seem to be a mix of existing assets and some uh...interesting models. Either way its a cheap stolen mish-mash that people are stanning super hard just to fan the flames.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Imagine thinking that CoD isn't even worse...

And Pokemon does not rival CoD in sales. CoD has sold 300 million in 15 years (that's 20 million a year). There goes the logic and reason again.
Youre missing the forest for the trees here.

Just take a franchise like Dragon Quest, is bigger and more ambitious than pokemon while selling a tenth of what Pokemon does.

Point is, its a huge juggernaut franchise that deserves way better treatment then what GF are giving.

Honestly I dont know you what to tell you if you think Game Freak cant possibly do any better than this.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking that CoD isn't even worse...

And Pokemon does not rival CoD in sales. CoD has sold 300 million in 15 years (that's 20 million a year). There goes the logic and reason again.
Weird thought when this year they actually went with a brand new engine and it shows. Production values are through the roof.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Weird thought when this year they actually went with a brand new engine and it shows. Production values are through the roof.

Wow...this year. So we just forget all the reused assets and the same engine they've used for a decade+ and still charge $60 + charged for DLC and MTX?

I guess that all goes away because they have modified their engine!

Youre missing the forest for the trees here.

Just take a franchise like Dragon Quest, is bigger and more ambitious than pokemon while selling a tenth of what Pokemon does.

Point is, its a huge juggernaut franchise that deserves way better treatment then what GF are giving.

Honestly I dont know you what to tell you if you think Game Freak cant possibly do any better than this.

Dragon Quest is funded by Square Enix, they use money from their mobile games and MMO's to fund a project like DQ. Not to mention I'm pretty sure DQ doesn't only sell 1.6 million.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Wow...this year. So we just forget all the reused assets and the same engine they've used for a decade+ and still charge $60 + charged for DLC and MTX?

I guess that all goes away because they have modified their engine!

Dragon Quest is funded by Square Enix, they use money from their mobile games and MMO's to fund a project like DQ. Not to mention I'm pretty sure DQ doesn't only sell 1.6 million.
And game freak has Nintendo and TPC behind them. Much bigger than Square.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Pokémon fans have a very weird relationship with call of duty. Both franchises are pretty similar in a lot of aspects

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
And game freak has Nintendo and TPC behind them. Much bigger than Square.

It's the opposite. The money gets split out to Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures aka TPCi and helps fund other Pokemon projects. I would assume Pokemon Go helps to do this now too. The budget for the Pokemon mainline games isn't as high as you would think.

Dragon Quest 11 has sold over 3.2 million just in Japan by the way (around double what Let's Go sold). And I see that going to 4 mil+ with the Switch release.

Both franchises are pretty similar in a lot of aspects

One has a lot more lootboxes and MTX than the other though. But yes there are some similarities.

Deleted member 42472

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
So basically you admit that you don't really know about it and are wrong, but still say gamefreak is messing up. This is what clickbait youtube and articles do. Manipulate people against gamefreak.
Did I admit that so much as make it a point to acknowledge things?

And it has nothing to do with "manipulat(ing) people against gamefreak". It has to do with Gamefreak presenting something that was inevitably going to be very controversial in the worst way possible

Game freak said "Here are your sun and moon pokemons. Well, most of them". The ripoff said "Yo dog, look at this pikachu"

Because nobody reads anything. But they see "that pokemon looks awesome" and don't realize there are 60 of them and it is a very rudimentary game. Similarly, they see "That is a pokemon from my 3ds. But apparently we don't even get all of those?"

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Did I admit that so much as make it a point to acknowledge things?

And it has nothing to do with "manipulat(ing) people against gamefreak". It has to do with Gamefreak presenting something that was inevitably going to be very controversial in the worst way possible

Game freak said "Here are your sun and moon pokemons. Well, most of them". The ripoff said "Yo dog, look at this pikachu"

Because nobody reads anything. But they see "that pokemon looks awesome" and don't realize there are 60 of them and it is a very rudimentary game. Similarly, they see "That is a pokemon from my 3ds. But apparently we don't even get all of those?"
Except sw/sh looks as much like SM as botw does to twilight princess, yet no one would say that there.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The animation for Charizard's super kind of looks like they took Mega Charizard Searing Blaze from Pokken Tournament and just moved the camera a bit.

bi20_y.gif

8214d6c715b7d19a1136ad7864a8b976.gif

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol, China doesn't care. But watch as eventually this will end up have more Pokemons and moves than the next Pokemon iteration. Wish we only got one Pokemon per generation instead of this annualized cash grab game freak is pushing.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The animation for Charizard's super kind of looks like they took Mega Charizard Searing Blaze from Pokken Tournament and just moved the camera a bit.

bi20_y.gif

8214d6c715b7d19a1136ad7864a8b976.gif

Normally id say it was just inspired by/coincidence but I dont think these guys deserve the benefit of the doubt

Lol, China doesn't care. But watch as eventually this will end up have more Pokemons and moves than the next Pokemon iteration. Wish we only got one Pokemon per generation instead of this annualized cash grab game freak is pushing.

they can have 800 stolen pokemon models with a single unique move and it will still be a redundant comparison. Its about as nonsensical as when people use Ga-Ole as a shining example even though its a single screen game where you mash a button....though at least that one wasn't just blatant theft.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
It's the opposite. The money gets split out to Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures aka TPCi and helps fund other Pokemon projects. I would assume Pokemon Go helps to do this now too. The budget for the Pokemon mainline games isn't as high as you would think.

That's exactly what most people are complaining about. Pokémon is basically as big as a gaming franchise can get. We want to see a Pokémon game with a budget reflective of that. It doesn't necessarily have to be the silly 'BOTW pokemon' but some of us want a Pokémon game that looks like it has a huge budget behind it.

These lame excuses about split revenue or GF not having enough budget are bullshit. Pokémon is a monstrous brand. It's right up there with the best selling games each gen and that's before you get into all the extra avenues of making money. It deserves a budget reflective of that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As limited as it is, it honestly looks better than the current Pokémon games around. How it plays and how deep it is has to be where this crumbles apart of course, but I dig the direction.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As limited as it is, it honestly looks better than the current Pokémon games around. How it plays and how deep it is has to be where this crumbles apart of course, but I dig the direction.
You know there are Pokémon moves with animations like this in SMUSUM and SWSH right?