• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_210.png

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't that a parody/homage on an old anime called like Balto? Hayao Miyazaki worked on the original?

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The English subs don't really give it justice, because the Japanese subs give context to what Japanese users hear as Japanese when the ganados are actually speaking Spanish.

Isn't that a parody/homage on an old anime called like Balto? Hayao Miyazaki worked on the original?

The style is closer to Heidi, Girl of the Alps, but Miyazaki also worked on that one.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
imagine someone is still concerned they took all the cheese out of RE4 and then you show them this commercial.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Yes, it's World Masterpiece Theater parody. I grew up with a lot of these animations.

Just mentioned Heidi rather than in general because it almost looks like Heidi's poor gramps got infected.

View: https://i.imgur.com/e6EhzzK.png

How about that jingle for the title screen part? Sounded like Luffy's tune from the eye catchers in One Piece, but it's not exactly a complicated melody

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The previous two remakes were named the same way. It's a pretty clever title, references the English name for the series while also standing for "Remake", kind of playing off the fan name for the original RE1 remake being "REmake".

I thought it was a play on RE: like in emails and other communications, it's used in a lot of Japanese media I think.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I thought it was a play on RE: like in emails and other communications, it's used in a lot of Japanese media I think.
Potentially all three but given it's the title they use for the Remakes exclusively there's no way it isn't a play on the word "Remake", plus RE2 Remake was also the game immediately following "Biohazard 7: Resident Evil" where they began to play with using the English series name.

Aug 26, 2018
ζ—₯本
holy shit i didnt understand the spanish at all lmao
That's because it wasn't Spanish, lol. It's nonsensical Japanese spoken in a terrible "foreigner" accent.

"Pera-pera sauce! / γƒšγƒ©γƒšγƒ©γ‚½γƒΌγ‚Ή!" (Fluent Sauce!) [This isn't supposed to make sense.]
"Arienna / γ‚γƒΌγ‚Šγˆγ‚“γͺ" (Impossible.)
"Agamero / 崇めろ" (Worship.)
"Kimoi, anata / キヒむあγͺた" (You're gross.)
"A, moreru / γ‚γ€ζΌγ‚Œγ‚‹" (Ah, I'm leaking.)
"Dodesuka / どですか" (Click-clack)
"Risutora uresshi / γƒͺγ‚Ήγƒˆγƒ©γ†γ‚Œγ£γ—" (Yaay, layoffs/restructuring.)