• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017

this is what the kids these days call "kino". watch it and behold

The 00s were something else. this movie, sure is something that existed in that time frame. And
jamie kennedy, sure is a person that starred in films including this one.

also "can't take my eyes off of you" is a song that always slaps

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is arguably the worst thing I have ever seen.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
I have unironic nostalgia for this movie.
I was really young when it dropped so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

OP
OP
Rickelodeon

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Still rattling my brain trying to figure out the joke of "you better cover up lady" scene

he jokes about her being too sexy so he makes her sexier?

No sign of that CGI monstrosity baby 0/10 thread
sorry i got ya
300x300.jpg

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I have unironic nostalgia for this movie.
I was really young when it dropped so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

That's wild but it makes sense.

I remember this being the Wost Movie of Alll Time (tm) for a while on the Internet when it came out. Like the butt of jokes, everyone laughing at this movies expense.

But I can get how a kid could like a kids movie, nothing wrong with that.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I hated it until the cars started dancing

Also was that Kal Penn playing a guy named Jorge

OP
OP
Rickelodeon

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
i am in the age group for me to have seen this movie as a child but i completely missed it other than remember seeing the ads

Looking at clips and i notice, some genuine charm in this scene of the titular baby (who has Mask powers without the mask somehow?) fighting the dog who has the Mask, in spite of the uh, rather questionable, disturbing cgi on the baby. Kinda nailed the classic cartoon style and tropes. But it feels like they greenlit the movie on this scene and then had to make an entire movie around it so you get random bullshit like the scene i posted in OP or these other scenes i saw with Loki and Odin

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
with his voice he's going for a 50's Dad cartoon like style because the movie focuses on the characters fear of becoming a father

or something

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen this movie, despite loving the original a lot as a kid. Probably top three movies in "how many times i watched it".

I think... I think I hate life more than ever, having seen this clip from Son of the Mask.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I just watched the video from The Ring.

...I'm going to die now, aren't I?

OP
OP
Rickelodeon

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to make a retraction in my last post i found out how the baby has Mask powers. apparently Jamie Kennedy Fucks (his wife) with the Mask on. and the Son of the Mask is created. off-camera obviously cause this is a kids movie

But even still there's an entire real deleted scene where we actually see cartoony Mask sperm go into the egg and forms the baby. What the fuck

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i am in the age group for me to have seen this movie as a child but i completely missed it other than remember seeing the ads

Looking at clips and i notice, some genuine charm in this scene of the titular baby (who has Mask powers without the mask somehow?) fighting the dog who has the Mask, in spite of the uh, rather questionable, disturbing cgi on the baby. Kinda nailed the classic cartoon style and tropes. But it feels like they greenlit the movie on this scene and then had to make an entire movie around it so you get random bullshit like the scene i posted in OP or these other scenes i saw with Loki and Odin

he is the son of the mask, he was coinceived while the dude was using the mask

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What did I just watch. I'm old enough to remember the movie releasing and being asked if I wanted to see it, but commercials didn't do it, so I never watched it... had no idea it was this awful.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have actively avoided watching any single shred of this movie for the entirety of my life. I was old enough to know better when it came out in '05 (I was 24 at the time). I was just really smart about averting my eyes from this abomination...until now...

Why the fuck did I watch that? How is this a thing that someone paid money to make? Why not just set that money on fire instead? Or better yet, give but a fraction of that money to one of us to make an experimental indie film or some shit.

Imagine being the sorry ass hack who puts a lens to this, watches the dailies and thinks "This is looking good!"

This should be archived as a testament to the complete and utter failure that is mankind.