• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing about this film, they seemed to have everything in place to make it a good film. But someone went out of their way to make the film as terrible as could possibly be done. So many odd and terrible decisions through the entire thing.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I HAVE A WEIRD RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS FILM:

Back when my family moved into our new house in 2006 we had no cable for the whole summer. We didn't even have basic channels. We did, however, have a DVD player and a few of bootleg DVDs. Like the "you can see the silhouettes of families at the beginning of the movie" bootleg DVDs. We had Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (not 1), Are We There Yet, Saw 2 (I was only 10 so I didn't care), Diary of a Mad Black Woman (¯\_(ツ)_/¯), and Son of the goddamn Mask.

This was the movie me and my siblings watched the most. Because it was "funny" with boatloads of dumb CGI. I remember being super confused when the baby had Mask powers 'cause I didn't know how babby was formed at the time. Also in hindsight that mask baby was terrifying as fuck.

The hilarious part was me finding out a few years later that the movie was a loose sequel to The Mask. I didn't even know that movie existed until I was in middle school and my teacher suggested we watch it during lunch lol

Anyways that's my personal relationship with Son of the Mask. I have unironic nostalgia for this movie lmao

May 26, 2018
I HAVE A WEIRD RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS FILM:

Back when my family moved into our new house in 2006 we had no cable for the whole summer. We didn't even have basic channels. We did, however, have a DVD player and a few of bootleg DVDs. Like the "you can see the silhouettes of families at the beginning of the movie" bootleg DVDs. We had Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (not 1), Are We There Yet, Saw 2 (I was only 10 so I didn't care), Diary of a Mad Black Woman (¯\_(ツ)_/¯), and Son of the goddamn Mask.

This was the movie me and my siblings watched the most. Because it was "funny" with boatloads of dumb CGI. I remember being super confused when the baby had Mask powers 'cause I didn't know how babby was formed at the time. Also in hindsight that mask baby was terrifying as fuck.

The hilarious part was me finding out a few years later that the movie was a loose sequel to The Mask. I didn't even know that movie existed until I was in middle school and my teacher suggested we watch it during lunch lol

Anyways that's my personal relationship with Son of the Mask. I have unironic nostalgia for this movie lmao

So you didn't just shop in the bargain bin, you lived in it? That's pretty wild. I salute you.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to make a retraction in my last post i found out how the baby has Mask powers. apparently Jamie Kennedy Fucks (his wife) with the Mask on. and the Son of the Mask is created. off-camera obviously cause this is a kids movie

But even still there's an entire real deleted scene where we actually see cartoony Mask sperm go into the egg and forms the baby. What the fuck

I couldn't not watch this and I'm so mad now

why are only 3 of the sperms Mask sperms

why do they look and sound like Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters; are they voiced by Frank Welker

I hate this

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ive never seen the movie before.

Holieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Wow. Dodged a bullet there.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
We Hate Movies had a great episode on this. At one point they realize one of them watched a different cut of the film that includes a scene of CGI sperm, and have to pause the film to review the footage.

Then later they got an email from a listener who said they were a counselor at a Christian summer camp. Someone went to Walmart and got this out of the $5 bin. The person writing skipped the screening but was later asked to attend because the film got a bit too sexy and they wanted to make sure nothing went on.

For anyone interested: Son of the Mask Episode

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The bit that amazes me the most about that clip is how utterly lifeless Kennedy's performance is. The contrast of the wacky high-energy VFX and Kennedy trying to stay awake as he murmurs his lines is bizarre.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to make a retraction in my last post i found out how the baby has Mask powers. apparently Jamie Kennedy Fucks (his wife) with the Mask on. and the Son of the Mask is created. off-camera obviously cause this is a kids movie

But even still there's an entire real deleted scene where we actually see cartoony Mask sperm go into the egg and forms the baby. What the fuck

Why is this allowed to exist.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
It's funny that they had to enhance his chin using prosphetics where as Jim Carey could do it naturally.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I'm glad the movie is a dumpster fire. At least it's bad enough to be interesting.

It would have been worse if it was merely mediocre and boring.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Son of the mask, Catwoma, master of disguise...the early to mid 00s were epic

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
The bit that amazes me the most about that clip is how utterly lifeless Kennedy's performance is. The contrast of the wacky high-energy VFX and Kennedy trying to stay awake as he murmurs his lines is bizarre.

That's what is most egregious to me about the clip. There is so little life in this scene that CG/Cuts/Speedups can't compensate for. It's the weirdest kind of ugly.

Oct 27, 2017
I have not seen the movie, and I imagine it's a piece of shit, but.....that scene was actually good?? It's a memorable sequence, campy as fuck in all the right ways, with a vivacious spirit. Marvel could learn a thing or two from that scene.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
its so fucking horny and deeply inappropriate for a kid as young as I was to watch.. I think it influenced me more than I'd like to admit.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y-you're telling me that wasn't a fever dream? You're telling me it was real?!? You're telling me I didn't hallucinate it and that someone actually made this?!?!?!

It's funny that they had to enhance his chin using prosphetics where as Jim Carey could do it naturally.

41771.jpg

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Isn't "Kino" a rapey "pick up artist term" for when you escalate physical touch when flirting?

I'm so confused.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man. That was fucking weird.

It isn't even that it is bad. It's just how boring it is. Like, how many people worked to make this huge fun song and dance scene, for it to just turn out mind numbingly boring?

Jamie Kennedy was never able to do anything worth mention other than sleep with Jennifer Love Hewitt

This cannot possibly be true.

The blowjob "thank you" scene from Ace Venture is a part of my psyche, so you're not alone.

That scene really confused me as a kid. I didn't understand the BJ in Ghostbusters at all, so I never thought anything of it. By Ace Ventura, I understood enough to know something was happening. But, I didn't know what.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I legit miss dumb movies like this. I love kind of creepy trashy comedy but it doesn't really seem to be a thing that much anymore.

Feb 21, 2018
Does anyone know why Jamie Kennedy was a "thing"? .

I remember he had a show called the Jamie Kennedy experiment
Our family loved it, it was basically Candid Camera but funny. Of course we also watched Joe Millionare, Fear Factor, and The Mole. I finally got around to watching Malibu's Most Wanted this year and while it wasn't particularly good it made me nostalgic for Jamie Kennedy. The man is right up there with Carrot Top in my book.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

Just to throw in some competition

Now...see.. I have some legit nostalgia for this movie. I saw it as a child on TV like, super-late at night/early-AM. I'm talking 2 or 3 AM. I never caught the whole thing, either only the very beginning or the middle of it, but any time I saw it on (like, 3 or 4 times) I couldn't help but watch it.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching this half asleep and feel as if my brain is bleeding

Early 2000s bad movies were a truly special era