• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
What makes it darker is that it's entirely possible that maybe "The Mask" has powers to force people to participate in his fever dream of changing musical genres instantaneously. These people are performing in these musical numbers against their will and with no control over their bodies.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I just stopped watching bad movies but you don't really hear brass for lame comedy moments anymore.

That was an affront to God and the known universe.

Have this as a palette cleanser

The incredibly emotive face, the Gone with the Wind reference, the cough on the face bait and switch (even his goddamn cough sounds funny) and the 4th wall breaking with Peter Greene's perfect reaction.

It was never a contest.

Carrey might be fucking insane now but the dude had physical comedy down. I don't know if we'll ever get an actor like him again.

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
This cannot possibly be true.

Oh yeah he has never made anything worth mentioning, his tv show was terrible, stand up was cringe-worthy, but he shagged my teenage crush for a couple of years, so he must have done something good.

Our family loved it, it was basically Candid Camera but funny. Of course we also watched Joe Millionare, Fear Factor, and The Mole. I finally got around to watching Malibu's Most Wanted this year and while it wasn't particularly good it made me nostalgic for Jamie Kennedy. The man is right up there with Carrot Top in my book.

40179.jpg

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost impressed at the effort involved to make this as camp as possible

Wonder why they ADRd Kennedy when it seems like his on-set voice was good enough

Oct 25, 2017
I have not seen the movie, and I imagine it's a piece of shit, but.....that scene was actually good?? It's a memorable sequence, campy as fuck in all the right ways, with a vivacious spirit. Marvel could learn a thing or two from that scene.
Like ...?

Does anyone know why Jamie Kennedy was a "thing"? .

I remember he had a show called the Jamie Kennedy experiment, and I watch it but don't recall having fond memories, except King Rat.

Holy shit the first Clip in the OP was terrible, glad I skipped on that turd.

He was fantastic in Scream. And you know how people are/were, someones good at something, put them in everything.

I've never seen this movie due to its reputation but honestly, that clip was pretty good. Movie critics can go suck an egg.
Watch the whole movie and keep that same energy.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
So you didn't just shop in the bargain bin, you lived in it? That's pretty wild. I salute you.
Basically. Well it was moreso my dad who had some dude he'd buy bootleg movies from and I guess all the cheap ones were movies that sucked. So yeah. Also sidenote: I watched most of the 90s Disney films (Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid etc,) by watching their Direct-to-DVD sequels first. Watching Aladdin for the first time so many years later thinking "When is Iago going to stop being bad and join Aladdin?" lol

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to make a retraction in my last post i found out how the baby has Mask powers. apparently Jamie Kennedy Fucks (his wife) with the Mask on. and the Son of the Mask is created. off-camera obviously cause this is a kids movie

But even still there's an entire real deleted scene where we actually see cartoony Mask sperm go into the egg and forms the baby. What the fuck

This is just dreadful

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Not long after the release of The Mask, it was announced in Nintendo Power that Jim Carrey would be returning in a sequel called The Mask II. The magazine held a contest where the first prize would be awarded a walk-on role in the film...The winner of the failed contest was given $5000 and other prizes, and was issued an apology in the final issue of Nintendo Power in 2012.

I'd say the kid came out ahead.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is what the kids these days call "kino". watch it and behold

The 00s were something else. this movie, sure is something that existed in that time frame. And
jamie kennedy, sure is a person that starred in films including this one.

also "can't take my eyes off of you" is a song that always slaps

The fact that kids considered Jamie Kennedy could carry a classic Jim Carey entirely carried is like thinking Carrie Bradshaw could claim charisma from Cary Grant.