• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Aaron Eckhart's performance as Two Face is criminally underrated. I understand everyone goes ga ga over the Joker but this is stealthily the best scene in the film. One of the few occasions where having multiple villains really worked in a comic book movie. Was rewatching a few scenes from TDK and it is so sad to see how far WB's as a movie studio has fallen. Would love to see him return under a competent director at some point tbh

and that music in the background during that scene... Just perfect

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Both him and Gary Oldman are underrated in that film, but you can easily find their level of performance in other actors in other great drama films.

Whereas Heath's Joker will most likely go down in history as one of a kind. I wouldn't know how he would ever find another project that could follow his Joker.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
YOUDONTWAANNAHURTTHEBOYHARVEY

This scene still mesmerizes me, all these years later. Eckhart and Oldman are both fantastic in this film.

Tell your boy it's gonna be all right Gordon. Lie, like I lied.

So good.

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond looking absolutely awful, never found anything compelling about the two face arc. Dent was fine and agree Gordon was fine as well though. Two face is batman running while people's backs are turned and boat scene level cringe for me though

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
One of the most hilarious criticisms I've seen about The Dark Knight from the backlash crew is that Heath Ledger was the only one with a good performance. The Dark Knight has a fantastic cast filled with Oscar winners putting in great performances across the board.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This dude's career hit the rocks after this movie, he's been garbage in anything I've seen him in ever since. (he was ok in Sully though, good moustache)

Oct 28, 2017
Have never been able to put my finger on why exactly but for some reason when Aaron Eckhart says, "I'm about to" it really bothers me lol

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I've been saying this for years. Two-face was very well done and Eckhart gave a great performance. One of my favourite characters in that movie because he's so well done and relatable.

He is so charismatic at the start you can't help but like him and he is so damaged at the end you can't help but understand his frustration.

The only part that is suspect is the seatbelt scene lol.
I always liked the small detail of him taking the shot of whiskey and a bunch spilling out the side. Just gives zero fucks.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
"It's not about what I want, IT'S ABOUT WHAT'S FAIR!"

It's probably the most tense scene in a super hero movie.

Oct 27, 2017
I watch this scene and I think this is what the end of Man of Steel should have been like if it had a competent writer and director. Instead we get Man of Murder with no emotional weight

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This scene is what we call tension, something a lot of films, including hero films, lack.

And writing. Along with character introspection and moral ambiguity.

They just don't make 'em like this anymore. Everything is a CGI fest. That's not to say I don't like the Marvel Studios movies, because I do, but TDK trilogy had a depth to the writing and dialogue that put them on a different level.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird necro. Definitely agree though. Was super impressed by how they pulled off Dent and Eckhart did a great job in the role.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see how much tension Nolan could squeeze if he had to make his dark Knight universe last a decade.

Oct 25, 2017
The MCU/Nolan's stuff/even the animated stuff discussions here constantly getting the hot-takes about Snyder in 2019 isn't a drain on anybody else?

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The whole interrogation scene and sequence after up to Rachel's death is a masterclass.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The death scene was actually pretty weak I agree. Great tense buildup but the execution for the end wasn't strong.
Honestly, it's one of those moments where I really can't say how they could have executed it better, but i still feel like the fallout was undeserving of the characters build up.

But then I'm also of the inclination that Batman villains should survive to criminalize another day...

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aaron Eckhart was the heart and soul of TDK. It was incredibly sad to see him turn.

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
It's a forgettable scene because I have complete forgotten this scene.

Like WB is going to kill a boy on scene in a 100+ million movie.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The movie is beyond everything, so makes sense

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is the best Two-Face arc ever made, stacks up better than any comic book or animated comparison. Eckhart should have gotten an Oscar nomination for his performance, he was mesmerizing, especially during and after his turn.

"It's not about what I want, IT'S ABOUT WHAT'S FAIR!"

It's probably the most tense scene in a super hero movie.
I LOVE that scene. Fuck! Still get goosebumps

Aaron Eckhart was the heart and soul of TDK. It was incredibly sad to see him turn.
Agreed.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time...but you were wrong! The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced, fair."
*shivers*

Damn good writing by the Nolan bros.

daft_cat

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over a decade old now. Fuck.

Other than Blade Runner 2049, I don't think any blockbuster released since comes close.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
We all know what Slayven 's #1 comic movie scene ever is:
tumblr_ouij7811Zz1wvvfsdo1_400.gif

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yep its an incredible scene but I still think the joker interrogation scene is the best part of the movie. Actually over the last couple of days I rewatched the whole dark knight trilogy and after watching mainly marvel superhero movies over the last 10 years it was quite shocking how good the dark knight trilogy is, I cant think of any marvel movie that comes close to them in terms of depth, craft and having a decent villain

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Yep its an incredible scene but I still think the joker interrogation scene is the best part of the movie. Actually over the last couple of days I rewatched the whole dark knight trilogy and after watching mainly marvel superhero movies over the last 10 years it was quite shocking how good the dark knight trilogy is, I cant think of any marvel movie that comes close to them in terms of depth, craft and having a decent villain
I think the Cap Trilogy is the closest Marvel has gotten in getting their own TDK Trilogy. Like TDK, the Winder Soldier changed the game for the MCU.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The framing with the scene is great. It starts with his burnt half of his face completely hidden in shadow, showing that Harvey is still in control and knows that what he is doing isn't right and how he is clearly in pain. And as soon as the line "It's not about what I want, it's about what's fair!" occurs we see the two face persona take over. He's trying to justify the murder of a child and to do that he loses the rational, sympathetic minded Harvey Dent and turns into the literal, calculating minded Two Face.