• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Excuse me?

0004280010700_1_A1C1_0600.png

These taste like cardboard to me, but i grew up on them and i love them for nostalgic value.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm glad I'm not some snob that can't enjoy a decent frozen meal.

Super easy and convenient for busy days.

Also, "OMG 700mg SODIUM?!?!" -- The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams (mg) a day -- not a problem if you're not eating salty snacks between every meal.
It's 700mg per cup not the entire box.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't eaten a frozen dinner in years but back when they were a staple of my diet, some of those were absolutely delicious.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's supposed to be tasty, it's been formulated in a lab to taste exactly the way it does so you'll enjoy it and buy more.

El Goom

Oct 27, 2017
Honest to god, out of all the damn Frozen Pizzas I have ever eaten, DiGiorno is among the worst I have ever had the pleasure of eating.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I always see people praise their Pizzas and I'm just like... "Why?".
If were talking regular Digiorno, then yes its goddamned ketchup on bread tier, but the Pizzeria! line is like comparing Resident Evil PSOne to the remake, its just better on every conceivable level.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I like that one too TC. However that particular meal is highly misleading in the nutrition dept. The front of the box(as you'll see in the picture reports 330 calories per serving (an amount I can certainly live with for a meal, and yes I am counting calories and have successfully lost considerable weight last year doing it). However, when you look at the back you learn that particular box meal has two servings! So you actually eat 660 calories by eating that...

This is annoying because pretty much 99% of these meals are one serving per box and obviously meant for an individual meal (I know, have them for lunch all the time in a pinch, and yes, I know not the best thing to eat, but at least you can be fully aware of calories in them, so they can work in that capacity as long as you choose ones that aren't too junky). But, who honestly is going to make one of these things and only eat half... two servings my ass! I actually ate a few of these for lunch going by the 330 calories label on the front thinking I was doing alright in the calorie department, but I was actually exceeding my lunch calorie goals because of that.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's not Auntie Anne's Frozen Pretzels.
GUEST_782494a7-1639-40c5-b8e8-5398b22af537

The Pretzel Butter is some next level shit, you'd think there'd be no way to make Frozen Pretzels even better than they already are. But that's what happens when you add that butter.

I had no idea they made their own frozen brand.

Their pepperoni pretzel is straight up as good as eating pizza.

Their jalapeno pretzel is god-tier too.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about the meal that was 730mg.
Right what I'm trying to get across is that box in the OP is 4 servings, that's 740* mg per serving or 2,960 mg of sodium in one sitting already well exceeding your daily limit. Look you can eat whatever you want, I'm trying to educate people as best I can. Choose to use the info or not.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
It might be delicious but i have a phobia of cheap-ass chicken. I've gotten too many pieces with strange textures over the years.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
uzMoNG1.png

Boat pizza is great. Red Barron makes some good ones too. The little ones always taste better than the full size frozen pizzas.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
99142-chicken-tikka-masala.jpg

This and like a few other Trader Joe's things are basically the only frozen meals I eat any more.
Chicken Tikka Masala seems to freeze well. Stouffer's stuff is good (tasty, not... you know... healthy). Same with Devour.

But the best frozen thing I've had is Centerville Pie Company's chicken pie (not chicken POT pie). Maybe that's cheating because they're a local company, but that's about the best pie I've ever eaten. Oven bake only.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Trader Joes is the king of frozen foods. Most of their stuff is pretty great as long as you use the oven and not a microwave.

56018-Hatch-Chile-Mac-Cheese.jpg

God Tier Frozen Mac

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Figured it would be something from Trader Joe's. Their frozen fried rice and orange chicken is amazing.