• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
would Anarchism or Communism be the best description for the ideology of Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
What was the release date for NTSC FFVII Greatest hits release?

Trying to form a timeline of when I got my PS1.

I remember having it during the marketing of FFVIII because I vividly being pumped from the commercials and renting it.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than making huge profits, what is the reason why the big 3 console producers put online multiplayer behind a paid subscription? What significant benefits are console gamers getting from paying for online multiplayer? I hated Microsoft for doing this. And now it angers me that Sony is doing this too and Nintendo will be joining them soon.

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
Other than making huge profits, what is the reason why the big 3 console producers put online multiplayer behind a paid subscription? What significant benefits are console gamers getting from paying for online multiplayer? I hated Microsoft for doing this. And now it angers me that Sony is doing this too and Nintendo will be joining them soon.

I feel neutral about this. I feel like without paying for online we would have a poor infrastructure. I'm not really sure the difference but it seems like PC has an infrastructure semi built into itself, Whereas the PlayStation manages its own network. I guess you can relate it to steam although steam is free... I don't really know, but I do know if we didn't pay for it then they would nerf it and say that's the reason.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel neutral about this. I feel like without paying for online we would have a poor infrastructure. I'm not really sure the difference but it seems like PC has an infrastructure semi built into itself, Whereas the PlayStation manages its own network. I guess you can relate it to steam although steam is free... I don't really know, but I do know if we didn't pay for it then they would nerf it and say that's the reason.
I feel like they are charging us because they believe they can get away with it and they are. I don't really see any difference in online gaming between Steam, PSN or XBL. I see no difference in playing the Battlefield games online on different platforms. It just bothers me.

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
I feel like they are charging us because they believe they can get away with it and they are. I don't really see any difference in online gaming between Steam, PSN or XBL. I see no difference in playing the Battlefield games online on different platforms. It just bothers me.
True that. One benefit though is the free games each month. I know sometimes they are extremely lackluster but other times they can be pretty good. The phantom pain on Playstation was nice.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True that. One benefit though is the free games each month. I know sometimes they are extremely lackluster but other times they can be pretty good. The phantom pain on Playstation was nice.
Yeah I can totally see the service being good for those who want the free games that come with. But I don't think they should attach online multiplayer with that service. Combining the two certainly gives these subscriptions a lot more value. But I am willing to bet that PS+ and XBL gold would not be nearly as popular if online multiplayer was not locked behind them. Most people probably get them to play online multiplayer.

Unmei

Oct 27, 2017
Why do some games show us cool characters and not let us experience their moves or abilities. Just a random thought.

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Nintendo has confirmed Mario isn't a plumber anymore, but in Odyssey, Bowser calls Mario "Plumber Boy". Who do we believe? Is Bowser just bringing up Mario's past?

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
Yeah I can totally see the service being good for those who want the free games that come with. But I don't think they should attach online multiplayer with that service. Combining the two certainly gives these subscriptions a lot more value. But I am willing to bet that PS+ and XBL gold would not be nearly as popular if online multiplayer was not locked behind them. Most people probably get them to play online multiplayer.
I agree. I like the free games but if multiplayer wasn't locked behind it I probably would not be a member. Although the discounts on the store can be really nice. But like the games are pretty hit-and-miss. All in all I don't think the value is worth the price, but it's a seller's market when it comes to that.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't see it the other one, but to answer your question I've been having network errors along with weird system errors since the latest firmware. It's not constant but enough to be annoying.

Yeah. Only happens the odd time (haven't got the system errors). But depending on timing can be really annoying. I got booted out of the party chat right at the end of a Fortnite BR. My team mates were impressed.

OP
OP
Coolclimate0

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
Yeah. Only happens the odd time (haven't got the system errors). But depending on timing can be really annoying. I got booted out of the party chat right at the end of a Fortnite BR. My team mates were impressed.
Did it start happening after the 5.01 update for you? I've also noticed I'm getting an error just on the home screen where it randomly restarts the operating system. But not a full restart I'm trying to think of the error code I'll add an edit when I see it.

Edit: error code is CE-36329-3

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Did it start happening after the 5.01 update for you? I've also noticed I'm getting an error just on the home screen where it randomly restarts the operating system. But not a full restart I'm trying to think of the error code I'll add an edit when I see it.

Edit: error code is CE-36329-3

Yeah think it was after 5.01. No other funky stuff that I've noticed and certainly no error codes. Will report back if anything else odd happens.