• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with HDR in gaming? What I'm I supposed to be looking for? I have an OLED and I don't notice any difference.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Does Toby Fox dislike talking to strangers? He never replies to anyone on his Twitter (Tweets & Replies) and the Undertale website's email is just for game support. I wanted to talk to him about some religious symbolism in his games (some of it negative) and how that relates to his life (I'm doing this because religion has hurt me a lot in life and whether or not Toby is it fascinates me how one would put their religious ideals or lack thereof into a creative work). So yeah, does Toby really not like being contacted.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
What is supersampling? Why is it something only the Ps4 pro does and not the Ps4?

Oct 28, 2017
I do have a question myself regarding the digital Wii U purchases.

Now I know back before the Switch days that if you buy a digital game from Nintendo's eshop and then lose the console itself (whether it be a 3DS, Wii or a Wii U) you will lose the games as Nintendo never had an account system where it locks your purchases to it, and I know now that's not true with the launch of the Switch and the new online infrastructure where your digital purchases will be locked to your Switch account.

My question is: Can I buy digital Wii U games for and still have the games locked to my account or is that only exclusive Switch games? I'm a new Wii U owner and I'm interested in getting some digital games. I don't want to buy any games from Nintendo if they're going to keep track of what bought from them.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
No idea if this is the right place for this question but oh well. I'm completely stuck on Arkham Asylum. I've got the line launcher and am tracking Poison Ivy and can't get across one of the gaps in the flooded corridor. I know this is where I'm supposed to go because I've googled it and have watched a youtube video showing that it is the way to progress. My line launcher simply won't attach to the opposite wall. Here's a video I took of the problem I have - . I've tried reloading my save, closing and reopening the game and still the problem persists. Is there any way to fix this or am I just screwed? I'm playing the Return to Arkham version of the game on Xbox One if that makes a difference

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
You could shoot at the students however they were fully kill able
That's because any non-story related NPC is killable since Deus Ex 1. I guess they wanted to keep that direction. I mean, there are hostage situations in Deus Ex 1 and you could just trigger explosives set up by terrorists and kill the hostages as well. Of course this will then be remarked by your operator via com-link and at the mission debrief. But it's possible. For Fallout 3, for example, Bethesda changed such direction in regards of killing children, which you could do in Fallout 1 and 2 because in those games any NPC, mainquest relevant or not, could be killed, much like in Morrowind.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Do I need a high powered gaming pc rig if I'm just gonna be getting games on the cheap for the first few years? It won't be my main place to play (Xbox will). Or should I just opt for like a 1660 ti combo. My biggest issue is finding the build for my use case (ie gaming plan on pc)

Modigliani

May 6, 2019
That's because any non-story related NPC is killable since Deus Ex 1. I guess they wanted to keep that direction. I mean, there are hostage situations in Deus Ex 1 and you could just trigger explosives set up by terrorists and kill the hostages as well. Of course this will then be remarked by your operator via com-link and at the mission debrief. But it's possible. For Fallout 3, for example, Bethesda changed such direction in regards of killing children, which you could do in Fallout 1 and 2 because in those games any NPC, mainquest relevant or not, could be killed, much like in Morrowind.
I get what your saying sorry if i wasted your time i guess my memory's a bit fuzzy

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Why are used gamecube games so freaking expensive.

I just want to relive my childhood :(

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Do I need a high powered gaming pc rig if I'm just gonna be getting games on the cheap for the first few years? It won't be my main place to play (Xbox will). Or should I just opt for like a 1660 ti combo. My biggest issue is finding the build for my use case (ie gaming plan on pc)
It just all depends on what resolution/framerate/ game settings you are targeting, but for the average person, they do not need a high-end PC to have a great PC experience.

Nov 5, 2017
No idea if this is the right place for this question but oh well. I'm completely stuck on Arkham Asylum. I've got the line launcher and am tracking Poison Ivy and can't get across one of the gaps in the flooded corridor. I know this is where I'm supposed to go because I've googled it and have watched a youtube video showing that it is the way to progress. My line launcher simply won't attach to the opposite wall. Here's a video I took of the problem I have - . I've tried reloading my save, closing and reopening the game and still the problem persists. Is there any way to fix this or am I just screwed? I'm playing the Return to Arkham version of the game on Xbox One if that makes a difference

Did you get this sorted?
It's strange because, on console at least, you can't aim up or down with the line launcher.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Did you get this sorted?
It's strange because, on console at least, you can't aim up or down with the line launcher.
Nope, even uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't fix it, and as the game only has autosaves I didn't have a manual save from before I got the line launcher to fall back on. Ended up giving up and watching the last couple of hours of the game on YouTube. Really disappointed as up until this point I was having a great time with the game

Feb 24, 2018
I was reminded of asking this after reading the recent Skyward Sword thread, as someone who didn't like the controls and had wrist pains because of the lack of southpaw controls in that game, would I enjoy Super Mario Galaxy?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, hope you can help me with a question I have here.

So I am going on vacation, and I'm in need of an SD card to use on my camera since my other one just stopped working.

The biggest I have in my home right now is my 128 micro SD on the switch, what I'm wondering is, can I archive all the games I have on the switch and just use the SD card for my trip photos, and when I come back clean the photos off the micro SD and just redownload all the games like nothing happened? Is this possible?

jaffaro

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
I noticed it in Witcher 3 but it probably happens in other games too. Why does fast travel between locations on two opposite sides of one region (let''s say from Velen to Novigrad) takes only about 5 seconds on PC with SSD, but travelling from Velen to Skellige takes half a minute.
I know its a separate region but the distance from South Velen to North Novigrad is long as well. How is it possible that it loads so fast?
Also why is that loading immedietely after saving, while I'm in the same exact place takes more than half minute as well?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
  1. Does Xbox one have any HDD defragment feature akin to PS4?
  2. And are my game saves safe if I was to do a complete system wipe?

I am dreading at the thought of having to delete all my games and start over again.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
  1. Does Xbox one have any HDD defragment feature akin to PS4?
  2. And are my game saves safe if I was to do a complete system wipe?

I am dreading at the thought of having to delete all my games and start over again.

1. Not really no
2. Yes they automatically upload to the cloud while your playing.

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so I just got a PS4 Pro after years of Xbox One only. Now, can I add the youtube app to a folder or have it on the HomePage or do I have to go through the TV & Video app every time?

Oct 30, 2017
Why do so many Wavebird auctions on ebay lack the receiver? Is there a reason for people to keep that part or is it because it's small and separate, and people forget or lose it?

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Era.
I'm wondering what the best way to play classic Nintendo games is these days. I guess buying a Wii U since I've read the Switch doesn't have VC right now, correct?
Can I still buy games on the Wii U's VC, or has that store been taken down? Has Nintendo said anything regarding support for that store?
How reliable are refurbished Wii U's? Buying through Amazon or maybe GameStop.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hi Era.
I'm wondering what the best way to play classic Nintendo games is these days. I guess buying a Wii U since I've read the Switch doesn't have VC right now, correct?
Can I still buy games on the Wii U's VC, or has that store been taken down? Has Nintendo said anything regarding support for that store?
How reliable are refurbished Wii U's? Buying through Amazon or maybe GameStop.
You can buy the mini consoles (nes and snes classic). They have a limited library but you can mod and add games you legally own.
Wii U VC is still up so you can buy them there also.
Switch only nes games as of now and they require the online subscription to access them.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
What was the thought/reasoning behind "Rest" way back in the day before "Lives" were univerally used? What did it mean?

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I have a REALLY quick one:

Besides the Sam's club and Costco deal for $95 for 24 months.. and deals with Xbox live I should be made aware of? Looking to get back on Live after a long while. Don't mind that deal. But curious

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Does anyone know whether Xbox One games running off of physical have to access Live service for authentication?

PS: Digital future is truly something sPeShUL.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I do have a question myself regarding the digital Wii U purchases.

Now I know back before the Switch days that if you buy a digital game from Nintendo's eshop and then lose the console itself (whether it be a 3DS, Wii or a Wii U) you will lose the games as Nintendo never had an account system where it locks your purchases to it, and I know now that's not true with the launch of the Switch and the new online infrastructure where your digital purchases will be locked to your Switch account.

My question is: Can I buy digital Wii U games for and still have the games locked to my account or is that only exclusive Switch games? I'm a new Wii U owner and I'm interested in getting some digital games. I don't want to buy any games from Nintendo if they're going to keep track of what bought from them.
That's not quite accurate. On Wii U, they are attached to your account, the problem was the account itself couldn't be moved from one console to the other without contacting Nintendo first. However, in recent years, some people have claimed to have been able to do this without any request from Nintendo.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Has any new information about Witchbrook (formerly Spellbound) from Chucklefish Games surfaced?

It's probably my most anticipated indie title right now but there hasn't really been a peep since its announcement.

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best version of Twilight Princess? Can the WiiU version be played without the television? Thanks in advance.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Can I ask a game specific question here?

I just got back into Anno 2070 after like 3 years. I'm trying to see if I can pick up where I left off instead of restarting. Well, I need to use my command ship to claim a new island and I can't figure out where my command ship is. If I click tab I see my fleet but there is no command ship there lol. Please help.

Jan 11, 2018
What's the specs for DuckTales Remastered on PS3? I feel like it'd be a shame if it's capped at 720p30 when the Rayman games are 1080p60.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I buy Twilight Princess HD? Or will a Switch version be announced as soon as I buy it.
If you have a Wii U, I say go for it. I don't think it'll be released on Switch anytime soon, if ever. I think if either of the Wii U remakes are to migrate over, it's Wind Waker (since more effort went into remaking it - and it sold better, I believe).

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
If you have a Wii U, I say go for it. I don't think it'll be released on Switch anytime soon, if ever. I think if either of the Wii U remakes are to migrate over, it's Wind Waker (since more effort went into remaking it - and it sold better, I believe).
Thanks I already bought it. Now my question is, I bought it physical without the Amiibo. Did I do a wrong?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks I already bought it. Now my question is, I bought it physical without the Amiibo. Did I do a wrong?
I mean, I guess it depends on how much you wanted that extra dungeon (I don't even remember anything about it - I might've played it? Can't remember) or how much you wanted to see Wolf Link in Breath of the Wild (I did it once and then never again).

I'd say if you just wanted to play Twilight in HD, you're not missing anything.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
One of my friends said they wanted Dragon Warrior 1-4 on the Switch's Nintendo Online service. If those games are reissued in that way, will Sugiyama see any profits?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Whatever happened to DDR (or other dance games), the console versions?

Dance games still seem to be fairly popular in arcades. I dug up an old Red Octane pad and realized it had a PS2/Xbox connector on it. Is it still going strong in Japan and they just don't bring it out here anymore?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone play Rock Band by themselves? I would do guitar and vocals at the same time or drums and vocals. It was fun.