• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
This movie could have been great... there's a lot in there that still is... but everything related to lex luther, the actual motivation of the batman v superman conflict, and doomsday ruins the movie.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
imagine if someone as good as the russos made mos / worlds finest

then we'd have kids in supes costumes admiring him like they do cap

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten any kind of explanation as to why there is a yellow filter over a lot of that film, so that everything looks like piss.

Or is this Lex's ultimate scheme?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Why couldn't you post about this Batman/Superman crossover movie?
latest

It beats the Snyder movie in every way possible.
This times a thousand

Batman v Superman was just trash

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
It's up there with the best superhero movies of all time.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Even with its flaws, I love this movie. It's been a while since I've seen it, I need to give it another go.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Riddler/Joker masquerading as Lex, Ninja Turtle Doomsday, "Martha", deaf-mute Superman, deranged Batman . . . . so many, many things were wrong with this movie. It never fails to amaze that the writer(s) and director chose to adapt end-of-the-line, de-constructive stories (ie. TDKR and Death of Superman) to kickstart the DCEU. Its probably why they missed the point of these comicboook characters.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am one of like five people on the planet that really liked the movie. The ultimate edition is much better though.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I forgot this movie even existed

At least Justice League was bad enough to commit to memory

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of the worst movies Ive ever seen in a theater. Just trash from start to finish. And shame on all the people who pretended the extended cut made it better and made me watch it to confirm it is 100% worse with an added run time.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine... if it was good, biggest failure of DC and shows you how important a good Director is.

Seven of Nine

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could like this movie. I'm glad that it exists for those that love it, it seems to have resonated very strongly with some.

I just hope there will be a Superman movie that I'll enjoy someday soon. I love the character but really dislike this take on him.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that part where Batman is in the batmobile chasing (and murdering) a bunch of bad guys shooting machine guns and rocket launchers out of the back of a truck and then Superman flies in and wrecks the batmobile and wags his finger at Batman for being too mean and doesn't seem interested in the machine gun shooting and rocket launching bad guys as they just drive away?

I actually think there's a good bit to like in BvS. The first third or so is solid and I dig the kooky fever dream stuff but the bad in the movie is SO bad it utterly ruins the whole thing.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible movie that has had consequences down the line but DC has bounced back with Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, BoP, WW, etc.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Movie is an enjoyable disaster for me. It's also 100% Snyder, for better, and for most, worse. I tend to revisit those movies, however. Not necessarily Snyder's movies, but for a while, that's what superhero movies were about: Donner's Superman, Nolan's Batman, Raimi's Spider-man, Singer's X-men, Lee's Hulk, etc.. How did the director handle the material?

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Terrible film only surpassed by its terribleness by Justice League. What an embarrassment of a wet fart that just shat on the spirit of two of the most iconic comic heroes.

It's a shame too because Ben Affleck was a beast of a Batman and Henry Cavil was a great Supes. The ingredients were all there. Even the god damn baking instructions was solid.

But leave it to Snyder to pull a Snyder and add an extra layer of shit to make a shit cake.

At least it had the best Batman costume.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember that part where Batman is in the batmobile chasing (and murdering) a bunch of bad guys shooting machine guns and rocket launchers out of the back of a truck and then Superman flies in and wrecks the batmobile and wags his finger at Batman for being too mean and doesn't seem interested in the machine gun shooting and rocket launching bad guys as they just drive away?

I actually think there's a good bit to like in BvS. The first third or so is solid and I dig the kooky fever dream stuff but the bad in the movie is SO bad it utterly ruins the whole thing.

Batman dragged a fucking car, filled with the dead people he just killed, and used it as a wrecking ball to literally obliterate another car full of people.

Fucking not even Doomsday did something like that. Fuck i hate this movie.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could like this movie. I'm glad that it exists for those that love it, it seems to have resonated very strongly with some.

I just hope there will be a Superman movie that I'll enjoy someday soon. I love the character but really dislike this take on him.

What you didn't like Terminator Superman, who I think had like 40 lines in BvS?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
A movie that everyone thought that had no shot of failing. The one movie the world thought was a lock to get a billy. I wish I was around at the time of that legendary thread, if it was even half as good as the Endgame Boxoffice watch then no doubt it once in a lifetime no doubt.

With all the hate I still prefer Boston Bats over Bale. Have no idea how he went from cool and badass to what he became in JL.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I notice? The same thing I noticed, like, 3 months after it aired.

People keep talking about it. But no one has anything new to say about it. I haven't heard an opinion about it I haven't heard elsewhere in literal years.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I saw this a couple years back and literally don't remember a thing about it.

(Other than it being garbage, of course. Oh, and MARTHA)

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I knew it was terrible when I saw batman hiding in the corner and he was clearly visible and hanging in the corner but only like half a foot off the ground. It looked so stupid.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The Second DC movie in your cinematic universe

and they decide to do:

* The Introduction of Batman
* Dark Knight Returns
* Parts of Death In The Family
* Wonder Womans Intro
* Lex Lutor Intro
* Doomsday Intro
* Parts of Justice League Intro

All

in

there

second

FILM!!!!

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
The early fan experience at IMAXes was a surreal treat. At mine before it started a big WB rep jacked to hell and back stood in front of the theater with a pair of night vision goggles saying we better not record anything. When it was over I saw him sitting on a bench outside in an exhausted "Oh dear god" position. The other reps were trying to put on a brave face but you could they were just as dumbfounded as the rest of us.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Christ, time is going too quickly. I went to see this like three weeks after it came out at a theater that also functions as a bar/restaurant. My wife and I were the only people in attendance and that part was pretty great. The movie... was not.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I notice? The same thing I noticed, like, 3 months after it aired.

People keep talking about it. But no one has anything new to say about it. I haven't heard an opinion about it I haven't heard elsewhere in literal years.

I mean, we're at least past the in-denial DCEU fanboys screaming about how it's actually good but "teh Marvel bias!" and "2deep4u!"

So...progress?