• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It was a cool scene but it wasn't like, yelling from my seats good because these Marvel third acts are usually the least-surprising parts of their respective films

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I saw Infinity War that Thursday, there were a couple and (I assume) their 3 kids sitting in the row ahead of me. One of the kids fell asleep near the end. When he woke up during the credits, the other 2 kids were crying and the parents had to explain to him what happened at the end of the movie. It did not go well.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Why do they gotta give him the sleeves though, he looked cooler without them. Get those guns out!

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I can't lie, it's tough not to smile watching that video

Also, seeing Thor and Rocket together reminds me of how Thor calls him a "rabbit" constantly throughout the movie because he doesn't know his Earth animals that well, haha

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I must live in quietville because no one ever does stuff like this when I go, outside of when Star Wars popped up on the screen for The Force Awakens. Happy about that as well, cause that would slightly annoy me.

That scene is hype though, no lie.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This scene was hype in theaters, but even then I really wished they dropped Immigrant Song as he showed up. After Thor: Ragnarok, it's really difficult to just not associate that song as Thor's new theme.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are you able to get a refund when this happens? Why is the cinema not vehemently discouraging this abhorrent behaviour? If you must make a noise in the cinema, it should be laughter only.
Z7HeRxU.png

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Was that a cinema filled with humans or howler monkeys?

Is this the norm in US cinemas? That would drive me insane.

Yes, we regularly watch American-made movies dubbed into foreign languages or with foreign subtitles. It's completely random, you never know what you're going to get when you go into the theater. One time, I went to see The Aviator and everything was in Norwegian with Dutch subtitles.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry but that would be so annoying if it happened in my cinema. Thanks god I'm a boring european.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at work right now silenty hooting just watching that.

Marvel is a much needed gift to cinemas, shit is hype!

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I am always the first to judge americans and your noisy theatres, but that must have been dope.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
This was fucking rad. The only thing that could have made it better was adding Led Zeppelin as in Ragnarok.

You people that don't like natural displays of emotion at a big box office movie on opening night are weird. If you can't handle people that cheer or laugh in that scenario, then probably just see the matinee or early show the next day or wait until it's available at home.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
All these people bringing electronic devices into the theater while the movie is showing. Do you not respect the rules?!

😋

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha my theater had that reaction with Cap's entry.

PSA for white people: Watch Fast And Furious movies with a Latino crowd.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reactions like this is what makes going to the movies fun. Sometimes crowds suck, but when everyone is in it together it's just fun.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I said "Nice!", maybe loud enough for my fiancee to hear me while sitting right next to me. That's about as loud as my theater got, lol.

I mean, you knew it was coming, it wasn't a surprise. I honestly think some people get surprised by moments like this in movies, and wonder if most people have no common sense or ability to read foreshadowing.

The only movies I've been to where people get loud/excited are Star Wars movies. Yet to see it in a Marvel movie showing, out of a couple random laughs or shouts.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Opening night, the crowd was super into it. And not just that scene. Tony suiting up, Peter getting his Iron Spidey suit, the 'SPACE' title card once it was clear the Guardians were showing up, Cap's entrance, the 'WAKANDA' title card, the second Strange did his 'multiply' thing, and yeah, Thor arriving in the battle.

Saw it again three weeks later? A bunch of those moments still got cheers, especially Thor's arrival.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This wasn't in America, as you can tell from the subtitles on the screen.

They honestly should just retrofit all theaters with private booths so some of you don't have to deal with the social implications of seeing a movie socially with other human beings that feel and react to things in social settings.

Well considering the video is ten minutes of footage from all around the world, I'd say it's probably the norm many places for big movies.

I couldn't finish the video. I've never experienced this in the UK, so if the UK cinemas are not the norm than that's fine by me. It's out me off going to the cinema.

That's so much worse. Great that they're happy, but who are they standing up and screaming to? Could you imagine somebody doing this in front of the TV at home? You'd be forgiven for thinking they're totally mad.

There was a 3 year old in front of me at Deadpool 2 who laughed during the bits that weren't funny. I'd love to know what that kid was watching.

3 year old in the cinema watching Deadpool 2?!

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck yells and claps like that at a movie? Good thing people never do that shit around here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad the first time I saw this movie was with a crowd that was just all in. Cheers at every intro. Everyone lost their shit at this scene. One of my all time favorite movie experiences. It was an EVENT.

I watched the movie a second time with a "normal" crowd. Just not the same.

Thor's entrance there is basically a pro-wrestling run in and it's amazing.

BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S THOR'S MUSIC

Stone cold at Royal Rumble was what I thought when it happened. Its fucking hype as hell.

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love the opening night MCU crowd. I don't think another movie going experience will ever top seeing Infinity War opening night. I legit think I will tell my kids about it one day.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Recording at the cinema and howling. Those people were probably stinking of shit as well just to give the whole fucking combo of annoyance.

You can howl at a live concert. Don't howl at a screen.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think there is a delicate balance between good audience reaction and it going overboard. My showing, for example, people hollered at this and when Cap showed up only. But one of the more prominent reaction videos of IW has people wooing and hollering like every 10 seconds.

I think this is the one.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I mean, you knew it was coming, it wasn't a surprise. I honestly think some people get surprised by moments like this in movies, and wonder if most people have no common sense or ability to read foreshadowing.

Do people think the only thing people react are surprises and twists?

People didn't cheer because "OMG Thor, he came out of nowhere, who would have thought, its a genuine surprise Shyamalan would be proud", they cheered because they were all "Just you wait until Thor arrives, he will fuck their shit up" and when it happened audences were like Banner and his joyful "You guys are so screwed!"

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay more to go a theater where people were into the movie enough to cheer like that.
There's a new theater that opened near by that has big ass Imax sized screens and can sit, like, 500 but I still went to a theater that's further and has smaller screens because that one has full crowds.

Seeing a Marvel movie in an empty theater with no laughter or hype is so sad.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
My theater was over the top too. My favorite part of the fight was at the beginning though, when BP led the charge and Cap caught up.

Y'all just wait until Endgame. The scene folks keep saying they want will make the audience go bananas. And I'll love it.

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta just go with the flow. You've entered a public space and can't expect the same rules for everyone. I find where I live that Thursday showings will almost always get a loud crowd for big releases, but anytime after that is pretty quiet.

But I love hearing people enjoy a movie. It makes me so happy. I got a bit emotional watching that video. Having a huge crowd of strangers get excited about a big moment is the reason we like sports so much and why the theatre experience should never die.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I usually like theaters to be quiet during screenings, but there are exceptions. That was one of them.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
If the sound of an audience reacting to what they're watching annoys you, I'm not sure why you would ever go to a movie theater. Watch things in silence at home.