• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha my theater had that reaction with Cap's entry.

PSA for white people: Watch Fast And Furious movies with a Latino crowd.
In my Black Panther showing there an bunch of older black people in the row before me. Man at the end when they heard the barking letting you know M'baku was coming, they lost their damn minds

Oct 28, 2017
Z7HeRxU.png

If I think it's fun to piss on your meal at dinner, am I allowed to do that?

How about we don't encourage people to be rude assholes just because they think it's fun?

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'd pay more to go a theater where people were into the movie enough to cheer like that.

Same here. The best experiences are when people are really into it. Going to the movies is a social event.

I'm more amazed people haven't popped-off about the fact that all of these were recorded on phones in the theater, which tend to mess up the experience more than anything.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck am I dreading having to watch Endgame while I'm in the States. Anything equivalent to Arclight in Oahu?

Oct 27, 2017
Opening night, the crowd was super into it. And not just that scene. Tony suiting up, Peter getting his Iron Spidey suit, the 'SPACE' title card once it was clear the Guardians were showing up, Cap's entrance, the 'WAKANDA' title card, the second Strange did his 'multiply' thing, and yeah, Thor arriving in the battle.

Saw it again three weeks later? A bunch of those moments still got cheers, especially Thor's arrival.
Yeah Infinity War is the only movie I can think of that when I saw it the second time weeks later, people were still cheering.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
IW and Captain Marvel had pretty hyped crowds at the theater I go to. It makes it more fun!

The viewers in my area tend to be lively even in showings that are 1-3 weeks from a release day.

I'm excited to go see Endgame with the weekend of release crowd. Should make it more fun.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What I like to do is when anything exciting happens I get naked stand on the top of the seats and scream the lyrics to
"Imagine Dragons - Thunder"

while kicking people in the face and doing naruto hand signs

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People definitely clapped in my theatre. It was a hype moment.

You could hear a pin drop when the Snap happened. These things add to the experience, not take away.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Adds to the experience. Endgame is gonna be amazing. Looking forward to watching US opening night too

You better fucking believe that my theater was fucking hype as hell watching Raid 2

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Bloody hell that was annoying, how can you watch a film with that noise?

Never experienced anything like that at a screening of a film, and hope I never do. Probably fine for re-watches of films amongst fans, but even then the volume here is just a bit much.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was like that when I watched it at a movie tavern on opening weekend. It probably helped that it was late at night and we were all toasted

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
God some of you people are the biggest fuckin' sticks in the mud
How dare we want to hear the movie we're paying for, instead of being pulled out of our the experience so you can whoop and clap for nobody present, because you can't control yourself in a public setting. Do you do the same thing in an art gallery when a work moves you?

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
How is Thor going to know we appreciate his effort if we're not screaming? If you're over 16 then you shouldn't be verbally reacting to fucking movies unless it's laughter.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
The only time i heard the audience make any sort of noise was when everyone clapped during The Dark Knight when he flipped the truck Joker was in.

My theater didnt make a peep at all. I prefer it that way.

However a kid who say behind us looked like he was crying when the movie was over.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
yeah man I'm gonna miss the rich dialogue and sentiment from the marvel movie if people are so noisy.

if theres a category of movie where it's ok to cheer at something then it's almost definitely superhero movies.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I legit love this scene, and I love genuine audience reactions.

Tangentially, I also love how some people are like robots who don't understand why audiences react in these ways lol

"Cinemas must remain silent"

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
If I think it's fun to piss on your meal at dinner, am I allowed to do that?

How about we don't encourage people to be rude assholes just because they think it's fun?
Holy false equivalency, Batman.

Cheering in a theater isn't rude unless you are loud the entire movie. Being excited at an exciting moment is fine. Do you also not laugh out loud at jokes? If you do, YOU ASSHOLE!

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
yeah man I'm gonna miss the rich dialogue and sentiment from the marvel movie if people are so noisy.

if theres a category of movie where it's ok to cheer at something then it's almost definitely superhero movies.
This is 100% correct.

If you're in your living room at home, where you don't have to consider that you might be negatively impacting the experience of others who do not feel the same way as you.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This is weird, I was literally watching these reaction clips just a few days ago :lol

What a hype scene. One of my favorite movie opening night memories. That, and this one guy in front of me screaming "WHAT THE FUCK" when Red Skull appeared.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I will always remember either Hulk vs Loki in first Avengers or Gimli's line in Return of the King after the Legoland elephant scene as the loudest moments in a movie theater.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
How dare we want to hear the movie we're paying for, instead of being pulled out of our the experience so you can whoop and clap for nobody present, because you can't control yourself in a public setting. Do you do the same thing in an art gallery when a work moves you?

Pretty sure an art gallery tends to not create hype and excitement like a blockbuster movie does.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
During my bachelor days I would always go to midnight premieres of big event films like this, some of the best crowds I've seen films with as we all got into it. There is a real magic at those showings. My wife hates midnight showings (she likes to go to bed at like 9pm) and when the crowd really gets into it. I'll take her criticisms and seeing them when the crowds aren't as crazy though because she still loves these films so it is something we love seeing together.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The only appropriate audience reaction in a movie theater is total silence. Even Kramer made a lot less noise and he was scalded by extra hot coffee.