• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I can't think of a scene in recent memory that has illicited as big a crowd reaction as this moment in Infinity War. And seeing these videos from various countries across the globe showed me that it's not just us crazy Americans that hoot and holler at the cinema screen. What an incredible crowd pleasing moment. It's like a friggin rock concert lol

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Was that a cinema filled with humans or howler monkeys?

Is this the norm in US cinemas? That would drive me insane.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Loved it. I clapped and yelled too because it was pure, unadultered hype and fun.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's ruined when you find out he copied Cap's short hair, like, get your own thing, man.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Are there live reactions to the snap? I assume that at least a large portion of the general movie-going audience was not expecting that.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never heard anything other than laughter in the cinema in the UK, no clapping, no going wild. It's weird.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I normally prefer a silent audience, but Infinity War was a lot of fun with the opening day crowd.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Thanks for the spoiler

7c5589e58d7e4626aadbf2db4b3ca4eb.jpg

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Thor's entrance there is basically a pro-wrestling run in and it's amazing.

BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S THOR'S MUSIC

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I normally prefer a silent audience, but Infinity War was a lot of fun with the opening day crowd.
Hyped crowds are half the reason I go to the very first showing. It's just not the same seeing a Marvel movie with an audience that doesn't laugh or isn't into all the fan servicey moments.

Oct 25, 2017
They honestly should just retrofit all theaters with private booths so some of you don't have to deal with the social implications of seeing a movie socially with other human beings that feel and react to things in social settings.

Well considering the video is ten minutes of footage from all around the world, I'd say it's probably the norm many places for big movies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
there was a baby in my IW showing and everytime Thor was on screen it would giggle crazy.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, when this thing happened my whole movie theater almost sounded like a concert when the band comes out. Pretty amazing.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Happened here in the UK but it was the opening showing in the country and rightfully deserved the applause. Most hype moment of the film.

May 10, 2018
Yeah it was pretty hype. Avengers 1, and Infinity War are the only two movies I've seen opening night and a big plus are the reactions.

Can't wait till Endgame.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember any reactions like that when I saw it in the USA. I went on opening night, even.

It's weird to me how in some of those clips people are yelling and cheering even before Thor shows up. Were they just going crazy through the entire Wakanda sequence?

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017

OP states it's not an America only thing. I mean even the video he linked includes footage of other countries.

It certainly isn't common in the US. I've heard some people cheering before but extremely rarely and nothing to the scale heard in the video.

On topic though, that was a great moment first time seeing it. I didn't really care for the Wakanda battle in general but that scene was great.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I saw the dark knight on opening night, the scene where the joker tries to get dent out of the police van.

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop when the semi flipped. RIGHT at the climax, everyone is quiet, and some dude in the theater goes "holy shit" and the entire place roared after it. Probably my favorite movie experience.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Are you able to get a refund when this happens? Why is the cinema not vehemently discouraging this abhorrent behaviour? If you must make a noise in the cinema, it should be laughter only.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
He's too overpowered to be believable! Why isn't Thor smiling??!?!?!

Serious post: yeah that scene was amazing, people cheered in my theater too.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Thor had the biggest payoff in the film as far as the Avengers go. Getting wrecked and losing everyone in the beginning to nearly beating Thanos. His entrance was hype as fuck.

And having Rocket and Groot there too... Come on now.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Low key but I was more excited about Rocket Racoon being in Thor shoulder

168ed899c55146766eb6f7e3d9b90bb0.gif

Rocket Racoon and Groot are even more good when they are with Thor

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
One of the best MCU moments. I expect the last hour of Endgame to be full of moments like this.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There was a 3 year old in front of me at Deadpool 2 who laughed during the bits that weren't funny. I'd love to know what that kid was watching.
There was a toddler in my Captain Marvel showing that was having the time of it's life whever she would shoot blasts or powerup

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I watched it on Blu ray alone and didn't even think twice about it.

It might be crazy if you hadn't been watching the first 90 minutes. It's not like it comes out of nowhere. What were people expecting?