• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Thor movie is most relevant to ResetEra?

• Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 106 50.2%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 105 49.8%

• Total voters

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
"Asgard is not a place. It's a people."

While I was a bit disappointed in the movie, I can't help but notice the relevance to this new forum. What an untimely coincidence that a plot point in Thor Ragnarok that Asgard
being destroyed and its people having to resettle somewhere else
is much like the destruction of GAF and for the people to form ResetEra. The film makes a case
that the destruction was necessary
and I feel like with the allegations piling up over the years, it was about time that they finally stuck enough for the mass migration.

I wonder if others will make the connection once the film comes out in other regions.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Thor 2: The Dark World also had relevance to our situation, with villainous dark elves and whatnot.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thor 2: The Dark World also had relevance to our situation, with villainous dark elves and whatnot.
zNP85pW.gif

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes i thought about it as well...I just watched it today... That ending and that post credit scene...

I hope the post credit scene doesn't happen to ERA... Lol

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a place, it's a people.

Fuck this Thor 2: The Dark World meme. It's never been funny, forced as hell. Same tier of garbage like the Thanos joke.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never quite understood how the 9 realms thing work. Are they both realms and also planets? Do they exist in the same universe? If Earth is a realm does that mean Earth and the universe it is in or just Earth itself?

Pretty sure they're just different planets/star systems given that Yggdrasil is simply a nebula in the MCU.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I wouldn't say all that accurate in this case as the other forum is still standing, and people can post as they normally could whereas Thor and Asgard's inhabitants
can't really go home to the Asgard they've always known as it is destroyed

spladam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we need to break the umbilical cord to GAF and start making this a brand new thing with a brand new legacy. I realize GAF implosion was the catalyst for it's creation, but this should take a life of it's own and stand on it's own merit.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thor ragnorok even had a bi character who's scenes were cut due to executive meddling (just the scenes that said (she's bi))

Last edited:

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Odin only covered up his brutal construction of an empire though, not shower antics.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there a shower scene in any of the thor movies?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the RestEera meme should be Thor 2: The Dark World 2: Ragnarok

A new Thor meme for a new Era.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think we have more members than Asgard has people going by the amount of people on that ship.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm trying my damndest and literally the only thing I can remember from Thor 2 is "Mew-Mew!"
Elves? Was there some sort of dark world, maybe? Did Marvel accidentally create a movie so forgettable it can be weaponized?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget that (Thor Ragnarok spoilers)

Thanos is going to kill all of us.

Also relevant.