• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Was mindlessly watching horror creature feature clips on youtube and this autoplayed

Apparently it also has Pedro Pascal in it. I've never seen it but damn does it look like some beautiful mindless fun

I'm all for movies with crazy ass battles.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched it when it came out. Can't say I'm dying to watch it again but it was entertaining with tons of quality spectacle. There's some really crazy fight scenes and some of the choreography is really good. Don't expect a "good movie" per se but if you want batshit war you'll get exactly that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i forgot this was a thing that existed. i should get around to watching it sometime because yolo

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Every now and then I just book a day off work as a "mental health day". This particular day I ended up going to watch this in the cinema.

I had pretty low expectations tbh but ended up really enjoying it. It's some mad, visually pleasing fun. It leans a bit hard in to the white saviour trope, but the film is pretty enjoyable.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Matt Damon being the MC was the worst part of the film, should have been solely focused on the power rangers.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It's Van Helsing levels of entertaining shlocky nonsense for me. Not great, but has some fun action and neat, colourful visuals. Not something I'd actively seek out but if I was channel surfing and it happened to be on, I'd happily watch it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's some dumb fun. I mean there are people bungee jumping down the wall to stab monsters

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This movie based on actual historical events might have some very minor embellishment of certain events. /s

Did not watch it completely, but seemed like action fast food to milk Chinese money.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Brain off, spectacle on. Looking for a truly good movie? Look elsewhere.

Also, what's with those bungee soldiers in the first attack on the wall? Is anyone else thinking that this is pure suicide? So the first line of defense is ... have women soldiers suicide-bungee into those monsters hoping that they kill some of them before getting eaten while the rest of the army just idling on the wall or shooting arrows?

It felt like the live action movie equivalent of South Park movies "Battalion 5 and Battalion 14" ...