Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Activision Blizzard has moved its Vicarious Visions studio from the Activision side of the business to the Blizzard side.

The publisher today told GamesIndustry.biz that effective today, it is merging Vicarious Visions into Blizzard Entertainment.

Going forward, the Vicarious Visions team of about 200 people will be employees of Blizzard and "fully dedicated to existing Blizzard games and initiatives," which means the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 studio will no longer be creating games as the lead developer.

Vicarious Visions merged into Blizzard | GamesIndustry.biz

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Oh for fuck's sakes Activision. What the fuck. One of your best studios and you're making it the new Radical.

This day sucks.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Going forward, the Vicarious Visions team of about 200 people will be employees of Blizzard and "fully dedicated to existing Blizzard games and initiatives," which means the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 studio will no longer be creating games as the lead developer.

This... doesn't sound great?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh they are gonna be stuck working on DLC/Content for D4 and other Blizzard service games right ? Damn.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This kinda makes sense cause they've always been a porting + Skylanders studio. No more THPS remakes is an absolute tragedy though

Oct 25, 2017
They went from Destiny support studio to great remakes to Blizzard support studio. Shit sucks but at least they still have jobs.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine doing a fantastic job on your recent games and be rewarded by becoming a support studio

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Take them away from things I buy and put them on things I have no interest in ever purchasing.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK THIS.

VV had been on FIRE lately. Crash remake and especially THPS were absolutely amazing. I want a THPS 3+4 remake. THUG remake. Fuck.

God fucking damnit.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
The one reason I paid attention to Activision anymore...

Well, one of two– Toys at Bob better not get papa EA'd hit next

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine doing a fantastic job on your recent games and be rewarded by becoming a support studio
Well, I suppose they've always been a support studio to varying degrees but remaking 1 and 2 did seem to be their big break..or was...or maybe just a coincidence they were given the task and nothing more.