• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nordics been buying alotta stuff for the last year or so

Have they released anything? I know they have Darksiderss 3 coming out..

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Glad to see Bugbear at a better spot.

If I am not mistaken there have been rumours of their economic situation not being ideal

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I fear for what will happen if THQ Nordic runs into trouble like the original THQ did.

Im at the same point right now. There's been so many acquisitions by THQ Nordic but it's just like, how much more can they acquire before something goes wrong? I don't want anything to go wrong at all, like I'm so happy they got KoA but still, Im just slightly worried that they may be doing *too much*

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Coffee Stain sought a buyer, they seemed to be doing a decent amount of low key hits

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any confirmation that THQ Nordic is going to continue funding these studios' current projects? Or is this indicative of Bugbear/Coffee Stain folk moving on?

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
They're going own like half of the entire gaming industry in a few years if they keep grabbing IPs at this rate.
Then they'll buy all three console makers!

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Seriously though, Bugbear is an underrated studio. Flatout Ultimate Carnage and ridge racer unbounded were solid titles, imo.

Looking forward to Wreckfest

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Boy if THQ Nordic runs into money troubles and either Sony or Microsoft buy them. That will be the biggest Humble Bundle ever offered in life (IP wise).

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always happy to see a racing/vehicle developer getting more support.

I'm hoping the console versions of Wreckfest are great.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
They got to be printing money to be buying up all these places. Or they saw Microsoft creeping up on them and wanted to secure a Guinness world record.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Related, has anyone here gotten into the Satisfactory alpha and if so, can I please rub your email account for luck? Thanks.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good news for Bugbear, hopefully that'll give them more stability to deliver a high quality console version of Wreckfest.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I see I'm not the only one here who is beginning to raise an eyebrow at THQ Nordic's massive swath of acquisitions... This isn't gonna be another Telltale case, is it? Where in a year they're gonna suddenly drop a "welp we're dead now" and it turns out they never actually had the money and were just biding time for an enormous mega hit to balance the books?

Edit: So there's just a bajillionare behind the scenes throwing money into them? Aight