• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-09-thq-nordic-acquires-handygames

Today, THQ Nordic announced it has acquired German developer and publisher HandyGames.

The Austrian publisher will gain control of all HandyGames IP, though the existing management, employees, and location of the studio will remain unchanged as a result of the acquisition.

HandyGames is best known for both publishing and developing various free-to-play mobile IPs, such as Townsmen, Clouds & Sheep, and Guns'n'Glory. However, the studio has branched out into wearable games in recent years for platforms such as the Sony SmartWatch and Samsung Gear Live. The company has also begun releasing VR games, most recently Townsmen VR.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
THQ the array of developers. Now they just need some large flagship releases. Darksiders 3 seems to be their first major one and I expect large things after as well.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I only knew HandyGames because of their Switch game Aces of Luftwaffe - Squadron, but their mostly in mobile. Looking forward what THQ Nordic and HandyGames can do together.

THQ the array of developers. Now they just need some large flagship releases. Darksiders 3 seems to be their first major one and I expect large things after as well.
They've been talking about Darksiders III and Biomutant hand in hand. That one is a 'post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable action RPG' by a small team of ex-Avalanche staff (who worked on Just Cause). It looks pretty interesting, but it doesn't have a set release date yet.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Small world, my girlfriend comes from a small town relatively close to Giebelstadt, where HandyGames is based. She even knows their CEO :D

Good for them though!