• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
If the marketing director thought this was a good idea I think it's fair to say you need to find a new marketing director.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still laughing over "congregating site." Yeah, it's a congregating site if you're an ISIS recruiter, a pedo, or the FBI.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More sites needs to report this, until THQ are forced to hid under rocks and the CEO take action. But it won't happen.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Here's how the company "redeems" itself:
"When asked for comment, THQ CEO Lars Wingefors said the PR and marketing manager at THQ Nordic GmbH had already commented on it through Twitter.".
Doesn't seem like anyone there intends to redeem themselves or change anything besides a single fake apology.

Yeah that was certainly a poor look. I suspect another statement coming soon but it will too late by then. The CEO should have taken control of the situation.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I took this instance for a long time, but doesn't that means we're accepting that comment sections are basically alt-right recruitment camps and doing nothing to fight it?

It's complicated

Yeah, same here.

I won't on youtube comments and start arguing, but as of now it's just a safe space for racists and bigots of all kinds.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
On a Reddit post I made some months ago with a link here pretty much half the comments were "Lol resetera, what a bunch of SJW that ban you for wrongthink"

Gaf also has a thread specifically for drama from here. They're probably reading this lol.
TIL this people are trying to defase the SJW acronym and now using "SocJus" instead. They know their wording is losing value and treating it like a joke, lol.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Whats up with gaming companies social media guys lately? One scandal after another.

Yikes

I dropped my anime avatar at the time that GamerGate erupted because of the unfortunate association that grew from that crowd. That was back in August 2014.

It really didn't grow. Its still a minority of a few hundred to thousand ppl in anime spaces thats just super loud bug god damn i would gladly purge them from the face of the earth if i ever had the chance to do so.

Last edited:

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
It's really one or two people doing their damnedest to defend this shit.

100%
Yea you're right. The person who was saying liberals would argue pedophilia was a sexual orientation if it was politically advantageous just really rubbed me the wrong fucking way. Stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach especially as a gay man who grew up in a household where homosexuality was constantly equated with pedophilia

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get a PR job at big company like THQ and not be aware of shit places like 4chan and 8chan?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, but they could've just done that by going on Reddit or 4chan's /v/ instead of a known CP den.
I don't think this was a reverse woke brands, just THQ peeps being incredibly stupid, Shaun had the right suggestion of "accidentally" posting pepe & playing the victim, because pewdiepie does the same garbage when he quotes nazi's & then acts innocent, it sadly works.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats up with gaming companies social media guys lately? One scandal after another.

Yikes
It wasn't just some PR guy.

It had the backing and active engagement of at least 3 important people, including their head of PR and marketing (Phillipp Brock), and one of their board members (Reinhard Pollice). Reinhard Pollice being literally one of the most powerful people at the company. http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/board-and-management/

Reinhard Pollice
Director of business and production development, employed 2011

Holdings in the Company: As of the date of the Prospectus, Reinhard Pollice holds, through companies, 115,681 class A shares and 655,524 class B shares in THQ Nordic AB (publ).

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I took this instance for a long time, but doesn't that means we're accepting that comment sections are basically alt-right recruitment camps and doing nothing to fight it?

It's complicated

That's a good point, but it makes sense to try to reason with people on platforms where there is at least some modicum of accountability. Things like gaming media comments sections and YT comments are not it, you'll get drowned out in hundreds of troll accounts.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this was a reverse woke brands, just THQ peeps being incredibly stupid, Shaun had the right suggestion of "accidentally" posting pepe & playing the victim, because pewdiepie does the same garbage when he quotes nazi's & then acts innocent, it sadly works.

A whole department decided this, including the PR boss and one of the involved is a regular of that board. This wasn't done on a whim.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
No more THQ Nordic games for me until Reinhard and everyone else involved in this are removed from the company.

Last edited:

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
It's so old at this point tbh.

I mean, you'd think they would also be tired of it, all they're really doing is hate-visiting the site until they get so "triggered" that they have to break out the burner accounts. It also seems like the only thing they know how to do is use their ancient 2013 playbook with such easily recognizable classics like, "aww shucks guys, I don't know what's going on in the thread but this guy/nazi/mysoginist seems like he's innocent and an overall good guy."

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea you're right. The person who was saying liberals would argue pedophilia was a sexual orientation if it was politically advantageous just really rubbed me the wrong fucking way. Stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach especially as a gay man who grew up in a household where homosexuality was constantly equated with pedophilia

That must have been hard. Just know that most people would look at something like that and think they're neanderthals.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just... what

Even if I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had no idea what 8chan is and blindly stumbled in at random to do an AMA for his employer

How is it even possible to be so utterly devoid of vigilence

Just bizarre

Oct 29, 2017
Not interested in hearing apologies on this from anyone involved. This is vile, disgusting and indefensible. At the moment THQ Nordic are dead to me

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
A whole department decided this, including the PR boss and one of the involved is a regular of that board. This wasn't done on a whim.
True, but as far as i know, the old internet joke was even 4chan hates 8chan, who the hell are they appealing to besides pedo's & people even 4chan think are too radical, it's such a fuck up holy shit.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy to support a dev working on THQ Nordic games if their management went on the record condemning this stuff and calling for firings/resignations.

Same. Unfortunately for the devs, it falls on them to speak up against it.

No excusing this shit:

It wasn't just some PR guy.

It had the backing and active engagement of multiple important people, including their head of PR and marketing (Phillipp Brock), and one of their board members (Reinhard Pollice). Reinhard Pollice being literally one of the most powerful people at the company. http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/board-and-management/

This info needs to be pinned if it hasn't been already.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if the CEO was smart he'd write a song like this

7I6vuPY.gif

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. And i wanted to get that darksiders 3 dlc and maybe darksiders 4 when it came out...FUCK. Jesus fucking christ THQ. get your shit together.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Centrist ?

Damn we have to do better than that =/

There is a lot of infighting in ERA because people who only visit one side (gaming or ETC) acuse the other side of being too biased towards one side (gaming to the right, ETC to the left) so i do think it's appropiate to call this, more or lest, "centrist".

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad Era exists. you all are the best.
Better than the rest, sure.

But for the gaming community, that is an unbelievably low bar.

Fuck. And i wanted to get that darksiders 3 dlc and maybe darksiders 4 when it came out...FUCK. Jesus fucking christ THQ. get your shit together.
I didn't get Darksiders 3 yet (without Jesper, it was kind of a hard sell on release).

I was genuinely looking forward to it. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
They still have not deleted the tweet with the link to that website. Even after all this, there is a direct link to that website on their twitter account.