• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is my guess, just some clueless Europeans who took the bait, probably just looked at 8Chans visitor numbers and went "hey this site is popular!" and didn't even bother to look into it deeper.

A lot of you thinking this is some heel-turn reveal lol. Just dumb rich suits being clueless. You'll get a formal apology later and forget about it in 2 weeks when the next port is announced for Switch.
They made a tweet about the fact that somebody would be moderating to get rid of the 'nasty stuff'. They 100% knew what they were signing up for and even if they didn't that's not an excuse. You're PR do some fucking research.

Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt when it's not at all earned.

Examples of THQ replies in the AMA

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any examples of questions asked and answered?
D0WZ6PNXQAAjrKH.jpg

D0WZ7J-X4AUBjh9.png

D0WZ7uTXQAAMi2U.jpg

D0WZ8NnWkAEvbTW.png

D0WgholWsAI1OzB.jpg

D0Wgh-6WoAIAeaP.jpg

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Man the reactions in this thread. 8chan is terrible and all, but I'm almost 1000% certain THQ was fleeced into this and did no actual research on the website or their users. It's kind of that communities MO to fuck with people like this 'for the lulz'. Also super irresponsible of THQ, but unsurprising.

Either that, or a terrible community manager that needs to get fired. Can't wait to hear their response to this.
this is literally the first thing you see, when you visit 8chans /v/:
hsviqk.png
and it already contains more red flags than a communist parade. within the first couple of posts, there is already lolicon and nazi shit posted.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO Be real. 8chan ain't some super popular place for gamers with a different opinion. You have to seek out that place. Even THQ Nordic's twitter mentioned "cleaning up the bad stuff".
You're right, it isn't super popular. I didn't know until this thread 8chan was a seperate thing from 4chan. Which is why I predicted stupidity over malice.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This actually seems true. If you Google 8chan it gives you links to wikipedia and the likes, but no 8chan url link.

I use DuckDuckGo and it gives a link to the site. I guess because DDG is based off of Yahoo Search? I did think it used Google too.

Fucking hell. When even Google won't list your site URL in its basic search.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is literally the first thing you see, when you visit 8chans /v/:
snip
and it already contains more red flags than a communist parade. within the first couple of posts, there is already lolicon and nazi shit posted.
I wouldn't see that as I have an ad blocker, but I also haven't visited the site outside a brief glance at the thread in question.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard of 8ch before, but didn't really know what it was or just how bad it got. I imagine whoever set this up didn't know either... Difference is, they should've done some research.

This is a bad look. I hope they realize they messed up and release a statement of some kind.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have interest in Destroy All Humans.

Literally no clue what the fuck an 8chan is.
Oh really? Literally no clue but you looked through the posts here?
For disgusting cross-overs, I just found out toddlercon is a thing

and guess what

Not a great look THQ. At least Reddit has a veneer of moderation and a TOS.
Well now you know buddy. Hopefully you know why this might result in DAH never being released now. Ever.

Edit: Removed the Google search image as it is pretty NSFW

Last edited:

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard of 8ch before, but didn't really know what it was or just how bad it got. I imagine whoever set this up didn't know either... Difference is, they should've done some research.

This is a bad look. I hope they realize they messed up and release a statement of some kind.
They knew exactly what is going on there. Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine Sony, Nintendo, and MS have to do something about this right unless they backtrack like immediately?

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People saying that THQ is shooting themselves in the foot clearly haven't been paying attention to how horrible the games industry and its consumers are.

People have forgotten about Play-Asia blaming feminists and SJWs for ruining gaming on its official press accounts. People have already forgotten that Geoff Keighley invited Tim Soret to present his game about "a dystopia where feminism won" alongside trailers for Smash Bros. characters.

They know what they're doing, and that's why it's more important to deplatform them than ever.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't wrap my head around how something like this even happens! Fucking yikes!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They knew.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't see that as I have an ad blocker, but I also haven't visited the site outside a brief glance at the thread in question.
the ad is the tamest thing on that screencap. but yeah, even having this AMA on 4chan would have been a better look than this. I mean, 4chan explicitly has a wordfilter in place for this site.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why y'all are posting screegrabs. It's pretty obvious they want y'all to see them.