• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): drive-by trolling
Oh god, do we have the staff post ready?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
User Banned (3 days): drive-by trolling
cover2.jpg

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Eh, I'm willing to bet those fans didn't know about their link with 8chan

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Shows that the main public does not care (and probably doesn't even know) about the 8chan stuff. Sigh.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I guess it makes sense given the criteria were the games shown and normal Gamescom visitors don't really care/know for that 8chan stuff.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Clearly, they did not receive the memo about seeing the STAFF POST.

Also, this is what Gamer culture looks like. Perhaps THQN will release an official self congratulatory statement on the other forum and Stormfront.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Encore for boogie getting that TGA award.

Not surprising. It's hard to tell people about questionable practices by anyone in the first place (though you'd think people who are involved enough to vote in Gamescom rankings would hear SOMETHING) but gamers are not exactly an empathetic lot

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, they've done a lot and have made a lot of big moves this year, buying studios, announcing a ton of games. They have a lot of great stuff to be hype about coming up.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Encore for boogie getting that TGA award.

Not surprising. It's hard to tell people about questionable practices by anyone in the first place (though you'd think people who are involved enough to vote in Gamescom rankings would hear SOMETHING) but gamers are not exactly an empathetic lot
I mean, look at all the people in this thread who's first instinct was to grab popcorn for the lulz instead of give a damn. Everything wrong with the world right now.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
User banned (3 days): Drive-by trolling
At least the first 2 pages of replies will be almost exclusively filled with comments talking about how they anticipate what other replies will be. Mine being an meta example of this.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why am I not surprised that enough people already forgot that they hold an AMA on a website that cheers terrorists,
while nothing changed afterwards?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Again...i dont know how anyone in their right mind would wanna take those GamesCom Awards serious.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't surprise me, Era is pretty much the only place that's still actively talking about it and has disclaimers in related thread.

You might see the odd tweet under anything they post on twitter or on YT, but most people have moved on.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Came for this, not disappointed.

THQN is a great cautionary tale that honestly, you shouldn't care about backlash because gamers will eat up whatever you serve them anyway.
Okay, that's not a cautionary tale.

I mean, look at all the people in this thread who's first instinct was to grab popcorn for the lulz instead of give a damn. Everything wrong with the world right now.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.