• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...e=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

rehire_james_gunn-publicity-_h_2018.jpg

On Monday, a digital billboard popped up in Garden Grove, California, at an intersection just over four miles away from Disneyland in Anaheim. The billboard, which reads "Save the Galaxy: James Gunn for Vol. 3," was paid for via a GoFundMe campaign that has raised nearly $5,000 since launching last month. The campaign coalesced from a group of fans who organized online soon after Disney fired Gunn as director of Guardians 3 on July 20, after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets in which the filmmaker joked about rape and pedophilia.

Giuseppe Cincinnato, a 29-year-old Ohio chef and one of the minds behind the billboard, notes it is to show their campaign is "not just all online outrage."

For now, the group's digital billboard can be viewed from the California 22 eastbound freeway before the Harbor Blvd. exit. The billboard is located at 13541 Newhope St.

The article is a bit misleading. It may be four miles from Disneyland, but it's four miles SOUTH of Disneyland and not really a tourist area. It's a real shitty part of Garden Grove:
screenshot2018-10-30acrcwu.png

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These people are sad. Just move on with your life, your pathetic sign isn't changing anything.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the sentiment but I don't think this will change anything. I think the people calling it pathetic or supporting Disney in this don't really understand the situation.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too late for this, he's moved on over to DC and Disney will not be looking to bring back a guy who's helping their competitors.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol what a waste of cash. goofball

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
This sort of thing would probably have been a liiiiittle more effective before WB/DC hired him to write SS2...

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it sucks how he was let go but c'mon this isn't going to do anything. You're way too late to stoke this again and Gunn has moved on.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Disney held their Marvel Studios hiring and firing meetings while in line for It's A Small World.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Too late for this, he's moved on over to DC and Disney will not be looking to bring back a guy who's helping their competitors.

Not even that. They ended up paying him his fee for firing without cause, in fact for something they knew about for a decade because of fake outrage from the alt-right. Even if studios weren't lined up around the block for him, he had enough money from Guardians that he could live in luxury for the rest of his life. I don't think it's a coincidence that the first thing he's doing after is going to help the closest competitor.

Honestly with the offers and money that's going to be going around, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fiege jump ship when his contract is up because of this. He was reportedly very upset since it wasn't his call, and who could blame him? I'd bet that a Guardians vol. 3 doesn't happen in that form. Gunn was supposed to be in charge of the Cosmic side of Marvel, and now...

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
I drive by that everyday and didn't even notice it. OP the surrounding parts of Disneyland are all bad areas. They don't put billboards like that in nice areas of Irvine or Newport.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
These people are sad. Just move on with your life, your pathetic sign isn't changing anything.

Posts like this are so needlessly toxic and hateful.

Really disappointed in this thread. A group of fans did something that meant a lot to them on behalf of someone who got screwed over by a Neo-Nazi smear campaign.

But sure, those fans are "sad" and "pathetic."

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I drive by that everyday and didn't even notice it. OP the surrounding parts of Disneyland are all bad areas. They don't put billboards like that in nice areas of Irvine or Newport.

I don't know the area well, but I stayed in North Hollywood at the Garland one year. I could see signs for Disneyland while we drove around, but we never went there and they looked to be in the distance somewhat.

That area was nice and had some great food.

How far is Disney from there? I've been curious.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I seriously dislike how he was let go too but I'm looking forward to seeing what someone else can do with the franchise.

Assuming it actually does come out instead of languishing in development hell forever.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Part 3 is gonna be compromised bullshit without him, that much is certain for me.

First major Disney / Marvel misstep for me. I love the first two films and I simply hate that they cowered to the scum of the internet.

I'm not sure Gunn and WB/DC are a good match either given Warner Bros have been fucking up all things not Batman for what feels like fucking eternity.