• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Too late for this, he's moved on over to DC and Disney will not be looking to bring back a guy who's helping their competitors.
images

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I'm not. It's James Gunn's project. He was the creative force that drove the whole thing.
It was but I think that was a detriment in places. There was no one to reign in his more stupid humor, especially in the second movie.

The first movie was co-written by Nicole Perlman and while I don't know exactly what she did, I suspect her influence made it a better movie than the second.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Posts like this are so needlessly toxic and hateful.

Really disappointed in this thread. A group of fans did something that meant a lot to them on behalf of someone who got screwed over by a Neo-Nazi smear campaign.

But sure, those fans are "sad" and "pathetic."

Couldn't agree more.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not preemptively "call out" members who have not even posted in the thread yet. That doesn't contribute to the discussion and is literally asking for trouble.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This has well surpassed that and is on its way towards the remake The Last Jedi lunacy.
One billboard and it's being compared to some who wish to fund an entire film that attempts to erase another out of existence.

I know people like to jump on board some comic book movie fanboy bandwagons like it's the new console wars, but how does this comparison make any sense?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This shit has managed to sour me on the MCU. I don't give a shit about it anymore.
But yeah, it's dead Jim. Gunn won't come back even if they beg him, and he shouldn't anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
Though it's not my bag, all the power to those people using a billboard to project their voice.
Plus nothing wrong with giving Disney extra shit for their knee-jerk cock-up.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
This is stupid. If I got fired from a job for a bullshit reason and was asked to come back I never would. No matter how nice or enjoyable it was the experience has been ruined and can never been fixed unless was there a full change of management. Similar to Jeff Gerstmann with CBS.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
One billboard and it's being compared to some who wish to fund an entire film that attempts to erase another out of existence.

I know people like to jump on board some comic book movie fanboy bandwagons like it's the new console wars, but how does this comparison make any sense?

So you take issue with that and not the joking about the Snyder Cut nonsense in the same post? Because it's not hard to put one and one together and see it's about overzealous fanatics having a sense of entitlement over these things. Unless you're one of the dudes who donated to this dumb thing, or for some reason feel attacked, it's not directed at you or rational Marvel fans.

This is stupid. If I got fired from a job for a bullshit reason and was asked to come back I never would. No matter how nice or enjoyable it was the experience has been ruined and can never been fixed unless was there a full change of management. Similar to Jeff Gerstmann with CBS.

Jeff's situation is interesting because he didn't exactly return to Gamespot, but I believe the parent company bought Giant Bomb. So there's a degree of autonomy there and he's still the boss, acting independently. I suppose a comparable situation is if Gunn's production company is bought by Disney (I'm assuming he has a production company because of that one annoucement from SDCC that got pulled, and everyone has them these days). Who knows.