• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I always felt Mushu was the weakest part of the animated version. Like a desperate attempt to inject that Robin Williams' flair into this tale, but with lesser results. Needlessly shoehorned in, when better comic appeal already existed with the ancestor spirits, the soldier friends, etc...

Shame about the actress comments though. Really lost respect points there.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, I always felt Mushu was the weakest part of the animated version. Like a desperate attempt to inject that Robin Williams' flair into this tale, but with lesser results. Needlessly shoehorned in, when better comic appeal already existed with the ancestor spirits, the soldier friends, etc...

Well, every Disney movie needs a little mascot of some type, usually a little animal. They help make toys!!! ...I remember getting the Cricket toy that hopped around when you wound it, in a McDonalds Happy Meal when the original came out.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first trailer and was really excited for it. Everything since has dropped my enthusiasm for it though.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Shame about the actress comments though. Really lost respect points there.
After Robin Williams in Aladdin, Disney basically mandated that a famous comedian play a sidekick role for a while there - Jason Alexander in Hunchback, Danny Devito in Hercules, Eddie Murphy in Mulan, Rosie O'Donnell in Tarzan, basically everyone in Emperor's New Groove, etc. Williams also ushered in the heavily advertisted celebrities in animated movies thing that has gone on since, for better or worse.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry I'm not in the loop about this. What did the main actress say?

EDIT: Just read what see tweeted. Not going to see this now for sure.

Last edited:

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
This was filmed in my country and I really want to support it, along with having a diverse cast. Unfortunately I can't in good conscience support a film made by CCP apologists/mouthpieces. Really disappointing.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
should have included all the stuff that people loved from the film, hopefully it bombs and they stop with this stuff. Make original stuff instead of these things as they're never good as the originals, so why bother.

Jul 4, 2018
Presales are actually decent for Mulan so far. It's still early as it's only the first day, but it might do better at the US/Canada box office than I was thinking.