• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/view/518d53f9191b2a646dbcdf4d9pbj3.1ht/0e0dcddd

It may be zero hour for Ezra Miller and The Flash.

In an effort to stay on as star of the DC Comics-based movie, Miller has taken it upon himself to write his own script…and enlisted the help of comics author Grant Morrison.

The reason is this: Miller has his own…darker…vision for what the movie should be. But it clashes with what directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have in mind.

It's a shocking move and if the studio, which is already on the path of fun and light (see Aquaman, Shazam!) but made a deal for Miller and Morrison to do their version regarldess, doesn't go for it, Miller's run as hero Barry Allen could be cut short.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Morrison and Miller but darker flash film doesn't seem to be the move. Maybe in a sequel after.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
WB is, like, the leakiest studio ever about each of it's little inklings regarding these properties...

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Dark and gritty Flash sounds like a strange route for the character. Seeing as how neither Ezra nor Morrison are film writers, I'll take a no thanks on this

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Miller wants a dark and gritty Flash, but the directors WB hired don't. So Miller and Morrison are writing their own version and if the studio doesn't like it he may be out of the role. He's gambling.

Suits: We want you to move away from this dark and gritty flash angle.
Miller: Ok then I've got the perfect co-writer to do that... Grant Morrison.
Suits: Oh that makes perfects sense! Everyone expects light and breezy from Morrison!

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I wish they'd have gone with Wally for movie flash. Barry's got the TV show, comics, video games and pretty much everything else so why not do something different? It'd also allow them to cash in on a different generation's nostalgia.

Also, never been a fan of Barry as a tragic hero either. Batman brings more than enough tragedy for any universe.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Dark and gritty Flash sounds like a strange route for the character. Seeing as how neither Ezra nor Morrison are film writers, I'll take a no thanks on this

Morrison has done a decent amount of TV writing at this point with shows like Happy! I would not expect him to write a script that's more palatable to execs though considering his literary inclinations.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are WB still interested in making a Flash film?

I wouldn't mind one but I don't need another super dark film.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
No. I want flash to be light hearted but not goofy/dumb like green lantern. Had enough of the dark and gray after Zack.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Was literally thinking about it last night after watching the latest Avengers trailer. Any bets as to who would be the grand antagonist of the first movie?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like Morrison obviously, but I don't think this is the right move for both the character and the overall trend of DC films as a whole

It's just a bad fit right now

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If it's Flash Point I suppose it has to be dark. But he could be like Ash in Ash vs The Evil Dead. Shit is always hitting the fan, but he's still keeping things light, in his own way.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't The Flash a character that should lend himself most easily out of anybody to the lighter side heroism that WB is looking for?

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Hm. Successes: Wonder Woman, Aquaman, so far Shazam
Failures: Everything that's been dark and gritty.

Guess we're going to need a new Flash.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
In a world where people are seriously clamoring for Flashpoint to be the first Flash movie, "dark and grits" doesn't seem that strange at all. Some apparently really want it.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
So Ezra wants to go dark while the filmmakers want to go light and fun?

Come on man. It took us so long to get here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In a world where people are seriously clamoring for Flashpoint to be the first Flash movie, "dark and grits" doesn't seem that strange at all. Some apparently really want it.
The same people wanting a Flashpoint movie are the same ones that shot Preptime Batman. They don't know what they talking about

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
A dark Barry Allen story?

No, I don't think I like that.

Had no idea that Sweats was directing.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is...a choice, for sure.

I mean, best of luck, but like everyone here has mentioned, the Flash doesn't seem to lend itself to dark & gritty.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Is this...good? Bad? Hmm
Ezra was very unhappy with the current script, and the report claims that if Warner chooses Miller/Morrison they risk losing the directors (which would make them the third directors to leave the film) and if they stick with the current one, Miller is considering leaving

This seems bad for a film you want releasing in '20, either way

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope that Ezra Miller pulls it off and makes The Flash dark and gritty! I missed that era of the DCEU and would love for it to come back :)