• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With all the other comic movies being so lighthearted (well probably not endgame) I don't mind some gritty

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
The script could be submitted to the studio as early as next week. But there could be a lot riding on it. If Warners chooses against Miller's take on the hero, the actor could part ways with the project. Additionally, and fittingly for a hero who races to beat the clock, there is a countdown scenario here as well: according to one insider, Miller's holding deal on Flash expires May.

Ok so yeah this is basically a last ditch courtesy effort and Ezra is out and we're starting this whole damn thing from scratch again until the heat death of the universe.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If the deal expires in May then RIP Ezra's Flash. Bummer cus I actually liked him a lot in JL, even though the movie was dookie.

Who would've dunk that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be the last standing.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
If Ezra can get this approved than more power to him. But that would mean dumping another set of directors that were ready to go. Really strange fourth quarter gamble.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the new go was a cyborg and flash teamup?

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ezra was the worst part of JL, and that's saying something.

Recast or go with Wally please

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Successes: Wonder Woman, Aquaman, so far Shazam
Failures: Everything that's been dark and gritty.

Guess we're going to need a new Flash.
Those movies weren't bad failures because they were dark and gritty. They were bad failures because they were poorly written, poorly structured, had uninteresting characters, confusing themes, and so on.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly they need to jsut wipe the slate clean and start fresh with everything. Script, Star, and Director.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This sounds so bizarre, like an act of desperation on Miller's part. I'm thinkingthis movie isn't happening at least with Miller and the current creative team.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
If they're doing something like Flashpoint it would be relatively dark. And Morrison won't be edgy just for the sake of it, his work is usually better than that. It'd probably be some really high-concept sci fi weirdness rather than some Snyder-esque thing.

Maybe they'll find a better angle than what Shazam is about to do and Spider-Man already did (not to mention the Flash TV show).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Wonder how true this is.

Sucks to have Morrison attached to this if they are just going to pass on it.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The Flash can be dark and gritty, if the story is Flashpoint where we have Wonder Woman vs Aquaman and where she kills Mera and then the Shazam kids and hangs steve trevor. But this is clearly not flashpoint so it should be a mix of some dark and heart and not just...look at all the death around me.

I like Ezra as the flash, sure in JL he didn't look like he knew how to run correctly, but I will blame that on Joss and call it a day. But if he is recast, wouldn't be the end of the world.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. This is super weird, but it will be interesting to see what happens. Feels like Ezra could be cut loose soon. But who knows 🤷

Morrison tho? Whew boy, that'll be a fuckin' movie. Like Jesus Christ lol.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The joke heavy Flash from JL is gonna be in his own gritty solo movie? Naaaaah.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, flashpoint is dark as shit. And Grant Morrison is huge. I'm pretty interested in seeing this, even if it's bad it will still at least be crazy and interesting. Different. Besides, Aquaman has some real shit dialogue and acting in it, like cringe bad, but still worked just on its visual creativity and ambitiousness, it's cool and fun so what if it's dumb. Grant Morrison should certainly be able to deliver that too, if not more.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Ezra is a darling muffin, but I wonder how he's qualified to write a Flash script.

Also dark is the wrong way to go. Look where dark got DC's films.